+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
pravinsubu said:
My ECAS application status has been updated to " Decision made ".

I gave my test last Tuesday and got 20/20. The interview went pretty well. Overall, she seemed satisfied with the RQ documents that I had submitted. She told me that she did not see any issues with the application and they will contact me in case they need any further documentation.

Hopefully, I will get my oath soon. :D
Hi Pravinsubu,
Your timeline is almost similar to mine. We gave test and interview in Mississauga on 15 sept too. In my case the officer mentioned that she has to review the RQ yet. In your case did she mention that she already reviewed your RQ?

Was your interview in the room or outside hall?

pravinsubu

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi skhan123,

Yes, almost identical timelines. My interview was inside the room and she told me that they have not reviewed the RQ completely.

Cheers,
Pravin

mrs.vip

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi! i really want to say thank you for all the help from this thread. im finally done with my test today (scarborough) after 16months im finally done well not really still waiting for the oath but impt is im done with the test :)

here is my timeline

Application Delivered: 6-30-2014
Application in process: 8-22-2014
Ecas status update: 8-28-2014
AOR and book arrived in: 9-12-2014
Received Line Disappear: 10-9-2014
Additional Doc: 10- forgot the date -2014
Test Date Dec 2014
2nd Test date Jan 2015
( i never got the letter)
Final test Oct 1 2015 (passed)
Oath still waiting

the best part was it only took me 45mins for the test and interview :)

Absurd

Sep 16, 2015
Hello everybody! Most of us have similar situations with timing of getting oath after the test. I waited for 2-4 MONTHS as an average waiting time for ceremony that was mentioned by Scarborough offices' officer right after test. Then I started to call to the CIC call-centre weekly during two months since the end of this period; I tried to understand what is the reason that our family has to wait for months. NO MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY HAD SPENT ANY SINGLE DAY OUTSIDE OF CANADA FOR 3 YEARS PREVIOUS TO APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP. WE HAVE LIVED AT THE SAME ADRESS AND HAD MET ALL OF CIC REQUIREMENTS! Well trained persons from call-center each time gave me the universal answer about "application processing times". All of them told thatTHERE IS NO TIMING 2-4 MONTHS, BUT WE WILL BE HAVING THE CEREMONY IN 6 MONTHS AFTER PASSING THE TEST (!)From time to time they mentioned that the number of applications was dramatically increased, and this fact can be kind of excuse for CIC offices. Then I started to research official statistic. And what do you think I realized from it? The number of applications for citizenship not only wasn't increased, but even decreased each year from 211,135 in 2009 to 129,993 in 2014. Surprise: cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2014-Q4/index.asp
According to another information number of applications really could be increased something like 53% during the 1st half-year of 2015 in comparison with the 1st half-year of 2014. But excuse me (!), waiting time for oath according to information from "Canadavisa" and some other websites, was increased approximately 8-13 times, depending on CIC office location.
So it is pure math: 1.53 is not equal to 13 or even 8.
And finally today, because 6 months already passed, I called to CIC call-centre and guess what? There is a note in our file according which we will be scheduled for the ceremony in the NEXT 2-4 MONTHS. What? Another 2-4 month? Why? And their answer is “THERE IS NO REASON. If you won't receive invitation in the NEXT 4 months, give us a call”. I replied that I was frustrated and I did not believe this anymore.
After simple analyzes, I found an understandable explanation...

Absurd

Sep 16, 2015
The explanations for such enormous waiting time could be simple.
1. As almost everybody knows there is a gap in 1 year between applications of two groups of applicants. In the first group there are people who had the right to apply for citizenship under the previous rules (3/5 years) before June 19, 2015 and in the another group there are people who had the right to apply for citizenship under the new rules (4/6 years) after June 19, 2015 (IN FACT AFTER June 19, 2016). And it would be understandable if CIC staff would have not so much to do during this period of time. In this situation, the threat of dismissal of part of CIC employee could be obvious. But nobody wants to do it because of upcoming federal elections. So there is some opportunity to provide the work for all of these people to keep busy. Guess how? It is not my opinion but some people believe that some of them could be interested in postponing of some cases with some possible sorts of reasons especially for family applicants (IT IS JUST SOMEBODY'S OPINION). And probably you will see how quickly decisions will be made closer to April 1st, 2016 and how short the timeline will be.
2. Traditionally newcomers and even first generation of Canadians are not so happy with conservative government. So, there issomebody else's opinion. The fewer newcomers become citizen on the eve of the Federal elections the better it is for current government.
So what it is? Double standards? Discrimination? I don't know. I'll just repeat that everything that is above is only somebody's opinion.
And also probably that people who have to wait for a long time could be simply victims of situation.

mrs.vip

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really want to say thank you for all the help here.

My oath will be on OCT 28 :) my test was Oct 1.
That was fast lol

Anyway thank you again :)

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
Oh my goodness!!! Exciting stuff is happening!

Got my test invite and oath invite on the same day! My test will be on the 28th and my oath on the 29th...

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 23, 2014.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 23, 2014.

3. We started processing your application on August 15, 2014.

4. We sent you a notice on October 10, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 28, 2015 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a notice on October 10, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 29, 2015 at 8:45 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Both letters and information came via Email

I will become a citizen in 2 weeks!

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
jhjeppe said:
Oh my goodness!!! Exciting stuff is happening!

Got my test invite and oath invite on the same day! My test will be on the 28th and my oath on the 29th...

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 23, 2014.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 23, 2014.

3. We started processing your application on August 15, 2014.

4. We sent you a notice on October 10, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 28, 2015 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a notice on October 10, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 29, 2015 at 8:45 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Both letters and information came via Email

I will become a citizen in 2 weeks!
which is your local office?

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
Either tuesday or wednesday.

omni222

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June 2014
AOR Received.
19 June 2015
Hello,

I have my status like this, but dont know how long I have to wait . My status changed to "Decision Made" on 16 September 2015. And after that no changes at all.

Received your application for Canadian citizenship on June 19, 2014.
Correspondence acknowledging receipt and a study book called Discover Canada on June 19, 2014.
Started processing your application on August 15, 2014.
Citizenship test on June 3, 2015

RQ after Citizenship Test June 3 2015 (reasons: 453 days out of country but I maintained the 1095 days in the country)
Submitted RQ documents on June 29, 2015

Status changed to "Decision Made" September 16, 2015

Now I am confused what kind of decision made is this Oath / Refusal. The Citizenship officer told me on the test date interview that I will have to attend the Citizenship Judge for the final interview for the decision.

Can Anyone help me what would be the outcome if you have similar experience.

thank you