+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
MBK2 said:
My dad just got a RQ (application mailed June 23rd)

That probably means my mum who applied a few days after him will also get an RQ

Just what I was dreading.....makes no sense. They stayed in Canada for 3 years continuous. This is just non sense....so many documents in such a short time!

Questions: 1.RQ was sent from Mississauga office, that means thats his local office then?

2. Did any of you June Mississauga applicants get RQs? I need to start reading up on this....need to help him with all this.

Thought it would be easier than our applications since he needs no test as he is over 60, but no! ugh....
Most people with no absence are given RQ. But if they could submit proofs, their RQ are reviewed and approved very fast.
IMO, Sydney is the one who decided the RQ. Local office executes the RQ. When was your father's line disappeared?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another Janer got RQ cuz he spent first 2 yr oversea after landing as PR. But yes, nowadays RQ processed fast so sunmit required docs ASAP . Gd luck

mham

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi as I said before I landed in 2007 until ad they start processing my file in augustb8 by didn't receive any RQ till now

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
BLT said:
Most people with no absence are given RQ. But if they could submit proofs, their RQ are reviewed and approved very fast.
IMO, Sydney is the one who decided the RQ. Local office executes the RQ. When was your father's line disappeared?
There is no mention on either the RQ letter or RQ form to where the documents should be sent. Any help on it?

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
u4g5 said:
your local office! Mississauga, i suppoused
Correct. I verified it with CIC today. I am still collecting the supporting docs and its going to be heavy package (almost 1+ kg). I asked CIC if I can submit it personally as it is a local office 10 minutes away from me and will save $20-30 or may be more. He recommended to post it still. Has any one submitted any documents by hand to the local Citizenship office?

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
sapguru said:
Correct. I verified it with CIC today. I am still collecting the supporting docs and its going to be heavy package (almost 1+ kg). I asked CIC if I can submit it personally as it is a local office 10 minutes away from me and will save $20-30 or may be more. He recommended to post it still. Has any one submitted any documents by hand to the local Citizenship office?
Sapguru, why don't you personally go there and enquire about it? I guess you might have called up customer service and got this info. If they take it well and good, if not then post it anyways.. Good Luck!

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LET'S pray together that some test invites comes from offices in addition to Vancouver so we feel better ;D ;D ;D ;D

hht

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so i spoke with an agent yesterday over the phone inquiring about my application and the agent said that my file is still in Sydney. i called today again just to make sure and the agent said my file was in Ottawa since Aug. why am i getting two different answers ?

zsha

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2011
LANDED..........
April 2011
hht said:
so i spoke with an agent yesterday over the phone inquiring about my application and the agent said that my file is still in Sydney. i called today again just to make sure and the agent said my file was in Ottawa since Aug. why am i getting two different answers ?
Hi hht,

My timeline is similar as yours and i am applying from Gatineau (Family). I was advised this morning that my file is still in Sydney and its too early to talk about it.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi hht and zsha,
i called one month and half ago and i was told that my file will go soon to Ottawa and since then the agents give me the same answer as you and say it toooo early. agents say what they are told to say. Ottawa's residents had the same answer. i will not call back and i will wait two month then call. after a while i will request ATIP report. please do not worry and keep us updated.

zsha said:
Hi hht,

My timeline is similar as yours and i am applying from Gatineau (Family). I was advised this morning that my file is still in Sydney and its too early to talk about it.

Major Gideon

Oct 18, 2014

Forum Members,

As this is my maiden post, I want to start by thanking all of you for your wonderful contributions to the Citizenship forum. Your camaraderie and dedication to helping others is a perfect example of what being Canadian is! I salute you.

I am a fellow June applicant, who stumbled across this topic recently. I look forward to seeing great things happen, over the coming weeks, for everyone here!

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i was thinking about your post. do believe that any file could finish background check up and reach the local office in only 20 days? your file in process since 10 of august so, i do not know if you should believe the agent or not. just a thought

hht said: