+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

alyssa1987

Oct 14, 2014
Hi All, I have a question if you are able to help.

I may gonna move after my citizenship application sent. Should be fine to have Home Address different from mailing address? As I will have my friend home address as mailing address. Will it cause any issue?

if anyone has done that before?

Thank you

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alyssa1987 said:
Hi All, I have a question if you are able to help.

I may gonna move after my citizenship application sent. Should be fine to have Home Address different from mailing address? As I will have my friend home address as mailing address. Will it cause any issue?

if anyone has done that before?

Thank you
It shouldn't be an issue

You can always call cic and update your current address or do it online

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
wufan33 said:
My friend, this is a test of patience. Spend your time on other wonderful things in life rather than stressing yourself up. No news means good news.
If I'm the CIC officer, and you keep calling, I will come to a conclusion that you don't have intention to stay in Canada after you have gotten your citizenship. It's like you are in a rush because this is the one final stuff before you leave, and you are in a rush to leave.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YOU ARE right but i did not know that they mark all the calls. i only need to hear some good news.

BLT said:
If I'm the CIC officer, and you keep calling, I will come to a conclusion that you don't have intention to stay in Canada after you have gotten your citizenship. It's like you are in a rush because this is the one final stuff before you leave, and you are in a rush to leave.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
om saif said:
but someone said today that they mark it as it is shown ATIP report
Well, I'm just guessing around. If that's the case, then they will take note every time you call. Or maybe that call was answered by an agent who cares about others' application, so he/she put a reminder about the application, and shown in atip.

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
email2kale said:
Checked my ECAS status after a week, the RECEIVED LINE is disappeared.

One other thing I notice is that ECAS is updated with requested corrections to our names.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
email2kale said:
One other thing I notice is that ECAS is updated with requested corrections to our names.
How did you request the corrections to your names? Did you send a Case Specific Enquiry? And, if you don't mind sharing, why did you need the names corrected, i.e. what was wrong?

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
eltorpe said:
Just curious: how did you request the corrections to your names? Did you send a Case Specific Enquiry? And, if you don't mind sharing, why did you need it correct, i.e. what was wrong?

It is there on the first page of the Citizenship Application (section 3B).

In our case, one of our name was having space in between characters & other was middle name truncated in the immigration document & PR card(in fact, I asked for correcting it while landing and they said the system has that limitation).

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
email2kale said:
It is there on the first page of the Citizenship Application (section 3B).

In our case, one of our name was having space in between characters & other was middle name truncated in the immigration document & PR card(in fact, I asked for correcting it while landing and they said the system has that limitation).
Oh, okay. So basically e-CAS is now showing the name you requested on the citizenship application. I'm guessing that was not the case when you were first able to access e-CAS on 9/15?

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
eltorpe said:
Oh, okay. So basically e-CAS is now showing the name you requested on the citizenship application. I'm guessing that was not the case when you were first able to access e-CAS on 9/15?
Correct! 9/15 used to show without corrections and from 10/13 with corrections.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
email2kale said:
Correct! 9/15 used to show without corrections and from 10/13 with corrections.
Thanks for confirming :)

The reason I'm asking is because:
- My passport has an AKA name on the observations page, which is a slight variation of the name on the photo page of the passport
- My PR card has the name on the observations page (so that's the name I used in section 3A of the citizenship application)
- But when I got my AOR for the citizenship application, it has the name on the photo page of the passport instead
- I called the Call Centre and the agent told me she's not sure how/why that happened and she says I should just let the officer know when I go to the test if my test invitation still has the "wrong name"

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
eltorpe said:
Thanks for confirming :)

The reason I'm asking is because:
- My passport has an AKA name on the observations page, which is a slight variation of the name on the photo page of the passport
- My PR card has the name on the observations page (so that's the name I used in section 3A of the citizenship application)
- But when I got my AOR for the citizenship application, it has the name on the photo page of the passport instead
- I called the Call Centre and the agent told me she's not sure how/why that happened and she says I should just let the officer know when I go to the test if my test invitation still has the "wrong name"
Well, I guess your new Canadian passport would reflect with what you have mentioned in section 3A (provided if you have not opted to make any change), if change is requested then section 3B has to be filled up and with related documents need to be submitted as proof.

Just wait for the time... I think you could update once you get in contact with the officer

Good Luck!