+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July draw predictions

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
If only they didn't say they would conduct draws at the pre-pandemic level...

It makes people hope for another draw of 1500 people soon, but should we really expect it?

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Tomorrow there will be a PNP draw. That is it.

I believe there will be no CEC-specific draws.

NOC based draws, maybe.
NOC based draw or category based draw cannot happen as the bill C-19 doesnt have an effective date in it yet and minister/IRCC needs to perform consultations with various groups in order to first announce the categories ahead of time per the bill . Also the ministerial instructions on the IRCC website has not been updated, so there wont be NOC based draw.
Either this was it, or there would be another draw tomorrow specific to CEC

lilyt

Feb 18, 2022
a joke, really
however i hope they will increase the number of invites as they go on
it is possible they wanted to try out the waters first with a smaller number

aommnd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
NOC based draw or category based draw cannot happen as the bill C-19 doesnt have an effective date in it yet and minister/IRCC needs to perform consultations with various groups in order to first announce the categories ahead of time per the bill . Also the ministerial instructions on the IRCC website has not been updated, so there wont be NOC based draw.
Either this was it, or there would be another draw tomorrow specific to CEC
What makes anyone here think there can be another draw in the coming days? I don't see any signs of it. They made a fool out of everyone

tomtom104

Star Member
Apr 24, 2022
What makes anyone here think there can be another draw in the coming days? I don't see any signs of it. They made a fool out of everyone
I think it happened sometimes in the past, so we can speculate based on that. You may see some draws happened just within days not weeks

lilyt

Feb 18, 2022
everyone thinks (for some reason) it will be like before, with pnp draws on Tuesday and cec draws on wednesday
why would people think that is beyond me, but that's the logic they follow I guess

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Coming days could be 14 days from today which is July 20th as they usually do bi-weekly draws or it could be tomorrow.
People are speculating since they had said in their memo they would do a draw of pre-pandemic size which was roughly about ~3500 and they only did less than half of that. There's a slight chance they do another CEC specific draw tomorrow of about the same size ( though I find it unlikely) , but what I do find it likely to happen is for the all program draws to continue on bi-weekly basis and then the CRS would come down( ~3 to 4 months if the same draw size) as based on today's draws there are about 8000 people left to receive ITA on 500+ score and this number may increase again by July 20th by ~500-1000 applicants. As of now we only have seen one draw and this doesnt indicate that they would keep the same draw size or if they wont do any program specific draws which is a possibility.

Reactions: cz999 and SatNight

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I think it comes from them saying that the draws will go back to pre-pandemic level, which means around 3000 per draw, and draws every two week.

But I also think they realized they had too much of a backlog but they already announced a draw for today so they had to go with it. But they went with a small draw.

So, not how it was pre-pandemic. This is why people think there will be an additional draw of 1500 or so in the next few days (so it would be 3000 in total). But nothing says that they would do this. I feel that they simply realized the backlog is too big so they went with a small draw so they can boast about starting draws. But nothing says that the number of invitations will increase. Hey, nothing says that there will be anothet draw in 2 weeks.

They said yesterday that they would gradually bring invitations back, which means smaller draws, no regular draws, or both. I wish to be wrong about this.

Reactions: raghavgrover

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
I think it comes from them saying that the draws will go back to pre-pandemic level, which means around 3000 per draw, and draws every two week.

But I also think they realized they had too much of a backlog but they already announced a draw for today so they had to go with it. But they went with a small draw.

So, not how it was pre-pandemic. This is why people think there will be an additional draw of 1500 or so in the next few days (so it would be 3000 in total). But nothing says that they would do this. I feel that they simply realized the backlog is too big so they went with a small draw so they can boast about starting draws. But nothing says that the number of invitations will increase. Hey, nothing says that there will be anothet draw in 2 weeks.

They said yesterday that they would gradually bring invitations back, which means smaller draws, no regular draws, or both. I wish to be wrong about this.
Bear in mind , they have to invite and amit 75000 people for 2023 under FHS and this number may increase in November 2022 , so they cant go with the same speed. I feel things will start to smoothen out in 2 to 3 months from now.

Reactions: lilyt

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
IRCC has been playing me like a fool since the first day it stopped CEC last year.

I am not surprised by what happened today because I am already used to it.

Reactions: Anna828

lilyt

Feb 18, 2022
tbh the pool increases by approximately 2000 candidates each two weeks so if they continue doing this 1500 thing, we are here for a long time, inviting PNPs and a bit of FSWs

aommnd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
This stinks overall, can't see a positive side from this for recent graduates.
Seems weird because graduates was one of Canada's selling points, not sure what they are planning because no chance CEC people will get into the draw with 1500 size and also no program specific draws