+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July draw predictions

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Yes, it would take time they need to consult stakeholders, a public consultation process and also they have to get written submissions from the stakeholders.
Yeah I agree, also listening to Sean Fraser’s recent interview, he seemed to suggest there wasn’t a solid plan in place yet but nonetheless they wanted to have this option to invite people based on occupation so they took the chance to put it in the budget bill to get it passed fast. I do think they are fairly sure they need more healthcare workers and Francophones so I can see having specific draws in July to target those, but if that happens I think there would be separate all program non-specific draws for the rest of the candidates too. We’ll see soon

aommnd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
As per the mandate they need more blue collared / health care workers so mayb not so good for tech also
Yeah that could be true.
Although... Sean Fraser was recently at the huge Collision conference (the biggest Canadian tech conference) and they seem to have some sort of interest in tech so maybe it could be good for technologists?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Yeah that could be true.
Although... Sean Fraser was recently at the huge Collision conference (the biggest Canadian tech conference) and they seem to have some sort of interest in tech so maybe it could be good for technologists?
I'm pretty sure IRCC will have final say on which NOCs to invite, but the main bodies that will inform which NOCs to target are StatsCan, ESDC & the provinces.