+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July draw predictions

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I know buddy, the minister said they are implementing a new path for temporary residents to transition to PR which will be a permanent pathway for international students and workers
It is, but I suspect it will be focused on those specific non-skilled occupations only. At least when it comes to temporary workers. No word over how it will work for graduates.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Yes, it would take time they need to consult stakeholders, a public consultation process and also they have to get written submissions from the stakeholders.
Indeed. This is why I don't think they would implement changes in July. Also, I was under the impression that the candidates will know what kind of profiles will be targeted in any year (or 6 month period?) Could be wrong about this tho.

Reactions: home.us1

home.us1

Jul 24, 2020
Indeed. This is why I don't think they would implement changes in July. Also, I was under the impression that the candidates will know what kind of profiles will be targeted in any year (or 6 month period?) Could be wrong about this tho.
Yes they have to publish categories every year before Jan 31st.

home.us1

Jul 24, 2020
No one knows - most probably it will be implemented in July - just look how fast it was pushed through-normally it would have taken around 6 months to pass
It was a budget, government finance bill. Immigration section was a very miniscule part of that bill. Only 2 sections were with regards to immigration, otherwise there were around 400 sections. Also budget bill always gets passed in 2 months.

Reactions: cz999 and Hopesly