+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July draw predictions

aommnd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
Coming days could be 14 days from today which is July 20th as they usually do bi-weekly draws or it could be tomorrow.
People are speculating since they had said in their memo they would do a draw of pre-pandemic size which was roughly about ~3500 and they only did less than half of that. There's a slight chance they do another CEC specific draw tomorrow of about the same size ( though I find it unlikely) , but what I do find it likely to happen is for the all program draws to continue on bi-weekly basis and then the CRS would come down( ~3 to 4 months if the same draw size) as based on today's draws there are about 8000 people left to receive ITA on 500+ score and this number may increase again by July 20th by ~500-1000 applicants. As of now we only have seen one draw and this doesnt indicate that they would keep the same draw size or if they wont do any program specific draws which is a possibility.
This definitely stinks, I am very discouraged after today for sure. I've still got 2y on my WP but its definitely making me nervous. Just need either this CEC or the new pathway whenever it is released

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
There's also a possibility they opted for smaller draws to make space for the new TR to PR that is to be announced in September.

Reactions: cz999

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Bear in mind , they have to invite and amit 75000 people for 2023 under FHS and this number may increase in November 2022 , so they cant go with the same speed. I feel things will start to smoothen out in 2 to 3 months from now.
Yeah, a very sensible take. I think the backlog for FHS was 75000 at the start of the year, minus this year’s quota 55900, they would take up roughly 20000 spots in 2023, which leaves about 55000 additional ITAs between July 2022 and June 2023. For the 26 draws in this period, that’s an average of 2100 pure FHS applicants, so if we also include ~700 PNP in every draw, they need an average of 2800 ITAs in each draw

Reactions: Sid_rash

aommnd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
Bear in mind , they have to invite and amit 75000 people for 2023 under FHS and this number may increase in November 2022 , so they cant go with the same speed. I feel things will start to smoothen out in 2 to 3 months from now.
Why would it increase in Nov 2022?
Also, 2-3 months is a long time for this pain lol. The new pathway could be the saving grace

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Not the OP, but I believe they have to revise immigration quota each November. It doesn't necessarily mean that it would increase. It might stay the same or go down. :D

The above is a sensible calculation (if we don't take new TR to PR into account), but they should have already started with it, and they didn't. They said they would go to pre-pandemic number of invitations and they didn't. Not sure what to say at this point.

aommnd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
Not the OP, but I believe they have to revise immigration quota each November. It doesn't necessarily mean that it would increase. It might stay the same or go down. :D

The above is a sensible calculation (if we don't take new TR to PR into account), but they should have already started with it, and they didn't. They said they would go to pre-pandemic number of invitations and they didn't. Not sure what to say at this point.
Huge bummer for CEC candidates, aka all graduates from 2021. Still have 2 yrs on WP but anxiety is mind wrecking

Reactions: mnint

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
How about 2020 graduates? That's our situation.

I do think this is one of the reasons they are introducing the new TR to PR but no idea how many occupations will be eligible.

Reactions: Sid_rash

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
This stinks overall, can't see a positive side from this for recent graduates.
Seems weird because graduates was one of Canada's selling points, not sure what they are planning because no chance CEC people will get into the draw with 1500 size and also no program specific draws
What makes you think CEC people aren't getting in these draws?

To have a score of 557, I mean, you probably need perfect English & French, bonus points from an education in Canada and bonus points for Canadian work experience. No?

aommnd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
What makes you think CEC people aren't getting in these draws?

To have a score of 557, I mean, you probably need perfect English & French, bonus points from an education in Canada and bonus points for Canadian work experience. No?
CEC people can, but it will be hard. 557 is a very high score and requires perfect French and masters and more than 2 yrs Canadian experience generally.
Regular graduates almost certainly won't get 557. Check out Kubeir's video, he went through some sample profiles around 550. Tl;dr, its very hard.

I've got perfect English (CLB 10 across the board), higher level degree, NOC-A job, 1yr Canadian experience and still around 475, with an LMIA it would be 525, still 32 points below 557.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Yes, there are some CEC within these candidates, I am sure. I know an average CEC candidate has fewer points than an average FSW, but it's possible.

Which is another reason why I don't think they would do CEC draws. Because general draws invite some CEC so it's not like CEC people are excluded from the draws.

aommnd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
Yes, there are some CEC within these candidates, I am sure. I know an average CEC candidate has fewer points than an average FSW, but it's possible.

Which is another reason why I don't think they would do CEC draws. Because general draws invite some CEC so it's not like CEC people are excluded from the draws.
I guess the main question is about international graduates. It is correct that there will be some CEC people with high scores (although I still feel it will be a small number of people), but international graduates won't be in that pool. I guess the new pathway is the best hope now.

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
CEC people can, but it will be hard. 557 is a very high score and requires perfect French and masters and more than 2 yrs Canadian experience generally.
Regular graduates almost certainly won't get 557. Check out Kubeir's video, he went through some sample profiles around 550. Tl;dr, its very hard.

I've got perfect English (CLB 10 across the board), higher level degree, NOC-A job, 1yr Canadian experience and still around 475, with an LMIA it would be 525, still 32 points below 557.
CEC candidates that have both Canadian and foreign experience will get an additional 50 that pushes them over 550. Imo it's more likely for CEC candidates to get over 550 than FSW because of the bonus 30 points. And of course it's very hard there are very few people who are above 550, only a few hundreds and that's the accumulated total for the last 9 months.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I guess the main question is about international graduates. It is correct that there will be some CEC people with high scores (although I still feel it will be a small number of people), but international graduates won't be in that pool. I guess the new pathway is the best hope now.
Why do you think International graduates won't be in this pool? You get a lot of points for Canadian graduate diploma (masters or PhD) and Canadian experience. If my wife were younger (let's say, 29), she would have 548 points at the moment, and 559 in September (upon completing 2 years of experience). Perhaps a PhD at 29 is not a common thing, but it's possible to get a lot of points as an international graduate. The thing is that it's rare, I guess.

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
For example, I am an international graduate with 501 (20-29, Master's, Canadian work exp 1yr, all CLB 10 English), if I had one year work experience in my home country I would've got 551, and if I had a PhD on top of that it'd be 566. French language skill or additional work experience could also push me over the threshold.

Reactions: SatNight

aommnd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
Why do you think International graduates won't be in this pool? You get a lot of points for Canadian graduate diploma (masters or PhD) and Canadian experience. If my wife were younger (let's say, 29), she would have 548 points at the moment, and 559 in September (upon completing 2 years of experience). Perhaps a PhD at 29 is not a common thing, but it's possible to get a lot of points as an international graduate. The thing is that it's rare, I guess.
I'm a Canadian graduate with NOC-A job, CLB 10 for everything and a 4 year degree and its barely 475. I guess if you include PhD thats a completely different ballgame but as you said, PhD is far and few even for Canadian citizens let alone intl.