+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

stars6777

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
Have you found these tracking spreadsheets... It's very helpful to gauge how applications for a lot of others are progressing..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=2079961909

I received a letter in September which I believe is the AOR1 and then on Sept 23 & 24 I received a request to Pay for Biometrics and to get my Medical done. After paying for the Biometrics, I had difficulty uploading the receipt which is a ridiculous process but eventually uploaded. I had be left wondering why I hadn't received the letter requesting me to go give my Biometrics and never succeeded in getting an answer until today when I received the letter.

So tomorrow I will go give my Biometrics and then be back wondering what will happen next.
Thanks for your quick reply! I checked the tracker sheet and the person who applied on the same date as me (July 14) already got their biometrics and medical exam done :( I am so worried... I don't even know what to do because I don't know if this is even normal

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for your quick reply! I checked the tracker sheet and the person who applied on the same date as me (July 14) already got their biometrics and medical exam done :( I am so worried... I don't even know what to do because I don't know if this is even normal
Lool at previous months and you will see there is a range of time for each stage. No sense worrying unless yours is well, well, well longer than average.

spc337

Jun 8, 2021

That was my feel with by Biometrics, it's not fun. Have you been able to setup your GCKey Account. I struggled with that too but eventually got it setup and linked my application to the account. This does give a slightly better status but may not answer all your questions. It will allow you to be more confident in out things move forward. For me, I needed to upload a document and before GCKey was setup, I had no idea if it was submitted correctly.

On the spreadsheets, everyone seems to progress at different speeds. but hopefully you can find someone in a similar circumstance that gives a more reasonable benchmark to check against.

Good luck!

Quoc

Sep 4, 2021
I still waiting for the Medical request !
I received this email today :
We're still working on your application.
You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.
Anyone else received this email ?
Thanks.

Here's my timeline :
PA : Vietnam VO : Singapore
Application Received: July 6, 2021
AOR1: September 4, 2021
Biometrics Request: N/A already done in 2020
Medical Request: still waiting
SA and CSQ Request: September 8, 2021
CSQ Submitted: September 17, 2021
CSQ approval: October 13, 2021
AOR2 : October 21, 2021 from Singapore VO

stars6777

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
That was my feel with by Biometrics, it's not fun. Have you been able to setup your GCKey Account. I struggled with that too but eventually got it setup and linked my application to the account. This does give a slightly better status but may not answer all your questions. It will allow you to be more confident in out things move forward. For me, I needed to upload a document and before GCKey was setup, I had no idea if it was submitted correctly.

On the spreadsheets, everyone seems to progress at different speeds. but hopefully you can find someone in a similar circumstance that gives a more reasonable benchmark to check against.

Good luck!
Yeah, I had some trouble linking my GCKey account as well! I was able to set it up like last month. It's crazy how some people get their Biometrics request, SA, and medicals like 2-3 months after they apply. Here it's been like 4 months and I haven't received a response :/

spc337

Jun 8, 2021
I wish I had the answers as I understand the stress. There is a huge variability in the response times to everyone so give it a couple of weeks and hopefully you'll hear back.

dv93

Jun 12, 2021
Husband got his eCOPR today! Just a couple weeks before we were going to have to extend his visitor visa. This forum was such a big help throughout the process. Good luck everyone!

spc337

Jun 8, 2021
Out of curiosity - Once they request your passport, how quickly is it returned? I will be traveling for the xmas holidays and will need it but also want to submit it as soon as requested, I'd rather travel after receiving my PR but I may not have a choice.

LilyBee

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
Woke up to Decision made on ECAS for Sponsorship Application

Also, second ghost update today on GC Key. Status now shows “We are reviewing your eligibility “