+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JULY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
So, you booked a biometric appointment even though you were exempt? Is that allowed?
Yup. I just got off the phone with IRCC and got away more information than I have had before. They've been working on my background check and eligibility since September. Loads of notes back and forth between officers. Everything looked fine. The agent said it looked like security wasn't started, but he also said that sometimes it is and the officers just don't add notes that the phone agents can see, so it may be started as well. In general, he said, everything looked fine.

He also said that I didn't need to do my biometrics again as I am exempt, so it was my choice to go for it or just wait. Well, I'm a "what if" person and I don't care about receiving a refund, so I will go ahead with my appointment today.

Let's just say I'm breathing a little easier today.

vancouverBC2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
So, you booked a biometric appointment even though you were exempt? Is that allowed?
@Kaimo as I stated in another forum, you shall not take any action to SC and this "issue" with biometrics not showing as "completed" I have the same issue and the agents, when I called and talked twice, both said it is a common issue, but not to worry.

---> IF YOU SEE in the upper right corner biometrics numbers from a previous bio collection, then no need to worry! I know it can be frustrating, but their systems are new to the whole covid thing!

vancouverBC2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Hi everyone , I got CoPR today (in portal not in email) :)
AOR: 25 july 2020
EE-PNP Inland( 1 dependent Inland)
BIL:14 sep 2020
Bio given on:22 oct 2020
Bio updated on 22 oct 2020
Never applied GCMS notes or Web enquiry.
Called IRCC once on 12 Nov (eligibility: passed criminality: In progress. security : not started)

Today Dec 02 ,2020 got two emails from CIC stating that my account is updated , when i logged on Application was approved with 100% progress bar . And got two separate letters with COPR detail for me and my wife along with PR card photo specification details

I wish all of you very good luck . I hope all will get it very soon . Thanks everyone.
@barindersin9h CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING!!!!!! Pray for the rest of us :) and have a good life!

Reactions: simar_hdhillon

Dreambig2020

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
If you’re outside Canada
Travel restrictions and exemptions for temporary workers
As a temporary worker, you’re exempt from travel restrictions if you’re coming for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose.

Certain people who can work without a permit may also be exempt from travel restrictions.

Essential (non-discretionary) travel for a temporary worker
Essential refers to travel for reasons that are non-discretionary and non-optional. The emergency orders under the Quarantine Act do not allow people to travel to Canada for optional or discretionary reasons, such as for tourism, recreation or entertainment.

As a worker, your travel is essential (non-discretionary) if you’re in either of these situations:

• You have a valid work permit and normally live in Canada.
    • This applies even if you’ve been laid off.
  • You’re a worker who meets all of the following:
    • has a letter of introduction for a work permit (open or employer-specific)
    • has a valid job offer
    • can work once you enter Canada and complete your 14-day quarantine (unless you’re exempt)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/foreign-workers.html#essential
This means after getting COPR still we need to apply for Work Permit.

Buik84

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
13-05-2020
AOR Received.
23-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-10-2020
This means after getting COPR still we need to apply for Work Permit.
After copr, if you are out of the country, you can’t enter canada anymore...

• Haha
Reactions: manisingh2301