+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JULY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Sitrarose

Feb 5, 2021
Hello,
Is there any link or place to see the applicant whoes application finalized based on AOR receiving time?

Thanks,

vasu5656

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Got 2 GUs on Thursday(Feb 4) and one on Friday. July 8th AOR, CEC Inland, Family of 3 and VO-Ottawa. Just called IRCC and agent said:
Eligibility: Passed
Security: In progress
Criminality : Passed
Medical: passed
Info Sharing: complete

Any idea how much time security takes?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon I have a few questions if you could please assist me with that

1) my passport expires in sept 2021, I have a family emergency and I'm planning to go back home for 2 months till april and may, and planning to renew my passport back home itself (INDIA), do I have to inform cic about any travel ( AOR IS 14TH JULY )

2) I am in canada right now and I used a representative to submit my application, say once I get my new passport do could I send a webform myself , or does it need to go through my rep ?

3) say for example I get my COPR in india before my current workpermit expires I.E. may 2021, would I be able to travel back to canada ?

I would appreciate your guidance on my sitatuation

1. No, only when you change your country of residence you have to inform. Short travels and vacations are not required to be reported.

2. Ideally you should ask your rep to do it. If you read your contract it will have a clause stating that you should not contact IRCC directly.

3. Yes, it will depend if they send you a COPR by email or ask you to confirm your presence in Canada by phone or PR confirmation portal. If they send a COPR, then effective the date you receive it you will be a PR and will have to apply for a PRTD.

If you are asked to confirm your presence, then you can inform them that you are in India and they will send you the instructions to send your passport to the VO in India for COPR and PR visa.

herry101

Feb 4, 2021
Got 2 GUs on Thursday(Feb 4) and one on Friday. July 8th AOR, CEC Inland, Family of 3 and VO-Ottawa. Just called IRCC and agent said:
Congrats, did you ask them directly? I called them today and agent said my eligibility and bg process has started but diff files take diff times .
So the agent didn’t tell me the exact status.

Reactions: Kerikeri

Premdan

Jun 10, 2020

Any idea how much time security takes?
Security is big chunk and it might take 1-2 months.

bradh928

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Hey guys! Quick question.

If you're inland and your PR application gets approved, should you still expect a passport request?
I figured maybe not anymore, because 1) travel restrictions and 2) the PR visa is supposed to just allow you to come to Canada (if you're outland), no?

Cheers

Reactions: ehsan99999

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hey guys! Quick question.

If you're inland and your PR application gets approved, should you still expect a passport request?
I figured maybe not anymore, because 1) travel restrictions and 2) the PR visa is supposed to just allow you to come to Canada (if you're outland), no?

Cheers
You don’t receive a passport request if you’re inland.

Reactions: bradh928

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Security is big chunk and it might take 1-2 months.
Can take a few days up to a year,or even more if your unlucky.Based on what I have seen posted.It is only when your application gets approved in your GC account you can see how long your security took after your eligibility was conclusively passed.

Reactions: herry101

herry101

Feb 4, 2021
Can take a few days up to a year,or even more if your unlucky.Based on what I have seen posted.It is only when your application gets approved in your GC account you can see how long your security took after your eligibility was conclusively passed.
Hi aseen ,
My aor was on july 8
I called them today and agent said my eligibility and bg process has started but diff files take diff times .
So the agent didn’t tell me the exact status. My application is now over 7+ months . What should i do ?

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hi aseen ,
My aor was on july 8
I called them today and agent said my eligibility and bg process has started but diff files take diff times .
So the agent didn’t tell me the exact status. My application is now over 7+ months . What should i do ?
Not much you can do when it comes to security.It is handled by several government agencies not within IRCC control and they will be unable to provide you with a definite timeline of when it will be completed .The VO officer has to wait until is completed before he can pass security and finalize a specific application.

Reactions: herry101

herry101

Feb 4, 2021
Not much you can do when it comes to security.It is handled by several government agencies.The VO officer has to wait until is completed before he can pass security and finalize a specific application.
Yeah thats what the agent told me today . She told me its all waiting game now. Not sure what it means but have to live with it at the moment

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Yeah thats what the agent told me today . She told me its all waiting game now. Not sure what it means but have to live with it at the moment
After eligibilty,passing security is the most important step because there is no definite timeline for it’s completion.It can take a few days and in some extreme cases a few years based on what I have seen posted.

kunal56india

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon. My eligibility has been passed by case analyst, not officer yet. I had shown some funds in my saving account. Now , I want to make FD from the funds. If I convert account funds to FD now, do I have to inform IRCC? Can it cause any issue, since the POF documents had mentioned this amount as cash?

ggwen

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Dear @legalfalcon ,

Hello, I spoke to an IRCC agent again yesterday regarding my application, so everything was passed on Jan 22, 2021, because I have informed IRCC I am overseas now, the agent told me my application is under review again in the Vancouver office, I am not sure what the review means, I asked the agent if it was review required or just a final review before the decision. the agent told me because I am overseas at this moment and my status was expired in November, therefore, the situation when I submitted the application and now is different, so they need to review it. Could you please advise me what should I do now? the agent asked me to email the Vancouver office so I submitted a web form.

my aor is July 1st, CEC-INLAND then left during the process for a family issue.

Thanks!