+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2019 *Inland* Spousal Sponsorship

flamesldn

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hi everyone, sorry for another sad news though, I just called CIC to see if there is any update.
My last update was Feb 12 and STILL there was no update since then, and only thing I can do is just waiting.
My due date was July 23 and I don't know how long it will take... really desperate.
Let’s just wait till next week or 2 weeks.. I heard someone say their mp called IRCC and they said they were processing applications that was submitted from May 2019 So we might have a little bit of hope but .. noting really just put pressure on your MP to see if they can do something for us.. I think someone was saying every time we send an enquiry or request for updates on our files the put the file back at the bottom of the list till they get back to it again.. so am kinda angry and confused Cos how do we know what’s going on on our applications.. am just gonna give them 3 weeks then I’ll keep putting pressure on them again Cos it really doesn’t make sense at all

koolord

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Hi everyone, sorry for another sad news though, I just called CIC to see if there is any update.
My last update was Feb 12 and STILL there was no update since then, and only thing I can do is just waiting.
My due date was July 23 and I don't know how long it will take... really desperate.
We are on the same day, July 23rd. Coincidentally, on the spreadsheet, 3 people did not have AIP&DM on July 23. My SA approval date is February 10th. The status of the application is that eligibility has not yet started.

My MP spoke with an IRCC agent this week, and the results obtained are not meaningful. The delay is still attributed to COVID-19, but we know that applicants in September have successively received DMs.

Reactions: Livi87

koolord

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
My MP has received some information from the IRCC agent, but I think it is of little significance. For example, the agent suggested that the MP ask for an update again in 3 months.

My question is, applicants in September are processed, applicants in May, June and July still have to wait?

It's terrible.

opaque

Sep 29, 2016
Did anyone get an interview (phone) or lading process done status for 2019 July application crew?

Please share your timeline.
Thank you,

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hi everyone, July 15 2019 Applicant. Like others I am also waiting for AIP,DM & COPR. I need some help regarding extending my OWP.

I have a current Open Work Permit, but it expires in Dec 2020 as it is tied to my old passport - I wasn't issued it to the full validity (2 years).

I received a new passport yesterday, and would now like to file for an extension. I would like to get information on below questions,

1. If I dont have AIP yet can I apply for OWP extension online ?? OR paper application is the only option?

2. As per the document checklist IMM5556e, do I need to provide employment document such as employment letter, pay slip etc??

3. As it is spousal dependent OWP do I need to submit my husband documents like his passport, PR card etc?

I would highly appreciate if anyone who has applied for owp extension recently can give me some information.

Thank you!

flamesldn

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
This is so frustrating ... like how complicated Can an application be . This is another new month now .. I don’t even think they began background checks yet

Livi87

Mar 9, 2020
Is there anyone who keep sending Webform to CIC?
I know some people might think that if we send the form or call to CIC, their application might be pushed back, but I heard from the agent that it might not be true.. I don't know what is right but I would like to send another webform to push them and let them know there are many July applicants just waiting an update forever... because I believe that is the only thing I can do..

Uche2

Mar 10, 2020
Please does anyone knows how long it takes for etobicoke office to contact me, from the letter it says my file have been transferred to etobicoke, that the office may contact me for interview or additional information and the write an address incase I want to contact them, my lawyer said I should bring some things that shows that I am leaving with my husband, which I have just submitted to her, but honestly I am worried because I don't know how much I have to wait now, please help me, if you know anyone with similar experience

Reactions: Yasha123