+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2019 *Inland* Spousal Sponsorship

opaque

Sep 29, 2016
I applied in June 2019 and couldn't find the thread for that. But today I just got my AIP and they are processing my background check. Then DM and CoPR will happen after that.

Just some info -- they are not conducting landing interviews because of COVID. It states this on the website. They have an online process to do processing of CoPR and then will mail you your permanent resident card after that is completed. There is NO in person interviews at this time. So be happy that things are going to be much smoother instead of having to travel to an office or talk on the phone. You'll just receive your CoPR in an e-mail and utilize that to apply for the PR Card.

Thank you for sharing to us!! :)

opaque

Sep 29, 2016
Just an update for this thread -- I just received a call today from immigration. They asked if I'm currently in Canada and that was it. I said yes and she said "congratulations you're a permanent resident. Check your e-mail for the CoPR."

It's all over!!!! Been waiting for years.

Now I just have to get a photo taken to get the actual PR card. But that's easy. So anyone waiting should have their phone call coming soon!!!
Congratulations!!!

Happy for ya! :)

koolord

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
On February 10, the case was last updated, SA sent, and almost 9 months since then, no progress, contacting MP with consistent results, eligibility check, security check not started. A near desperate wait.

Reactions: YesCanada89

opaque

Sep 29, 2016
On February 10, the case was last updated, SA sent, and almost 9 months since then, no progress, contacting MP with consistent results, eligibility check, security check not started. A near desperate wait.
we are very related. :(