Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
13-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-03-2020
LANDED..........
16-June-2020
Hi I just got my repeat PPR letter - only took 2 days for them to resend.

I have a question, my passport requires a visa. But ny spouses passport does not require a Visa, do I send my passport and his copy of passport?

cusprohit

Jan 30, 2020
I received a Ghost Update 'Application/profile updated' which vanished after I clicked on 'Check full application status'. Did anyone else receive a GU yesterday/today?

Timeline:
AOR - 27th July
Medical passed - 16th Aug
Biometric - 19th Aug
Visa Office - NDVO

And I had seen no other updates till this weird Ghost Update today. For those who have received GUs, how many such GUs did you receive? And how many weeks after the 1st GU did you receive 'Request for Passport'?
I received a ghost update last wed and PPR this monday morning. So You shd receive PPR in next 4-5 days. I only got one GU. My Aor was 29 th july, NDVO, medical 20 th aug. so in probability yours is on it’s way :)

CanDAspirant

Mar 13, 2018
I received a Ghost Update 'Application/profile updated' yesterday. Called cic and confirmed that my eligibility/criminality/security is met. Got the Landing Interview email today. No ppr request

Timeline:
FSW Inland
AOR - 8th July
Medical passed - Aug 3rd
Visa Office - Montreal
Review Required(stat question)
GU : 2nd March
Landing Interview Email - March 3rd

TE5

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
13-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-03-2020
LANDED..........
16-June-2020
I received a Ghost Update 'Application/profile updated' which vanished after I clicked on 'Check full application status'. Did anyone else receive a GU yesterday/today?

Timeline:
AOR - 27th July
Medical passed - 16th Aug
Biometric - 19th Aug
Visa Office - NDVO

And I had seen no other updates till this weird Ghost Update today. For those who have received GUs, how many such GUs did you receive? And how many weeks after the 1st GU did you receive 'Request for Passport'?
Just keep checking you email and spam folders. Your letter will arrive soon.

Reactions: bks1988

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
For those who got PPR, how long before you got coPR after you sent the envelope?

I'll update on my end when I'll get coPR.
Sent PPR documents (Annex A, copies of passport, photos) Saturday morning
Got email from CIC at 10pm tonight saying my profile has been updated.
CIC is showing 'Application/profile updated' like a ghost update and in the dedicated EE page it says "final decision: your application has been approved"
Tracked the Xpresspost number on Canada Post and it says the letter has been sent. That was really really fast
:eek::D

Last edited:
Reactions: nns14 and bks1988

IndB

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Hello

CEC+ 1 dependent
7 months 1 week crossed after AOR
Got GCMS last week.. (as of 23rd Jan)

Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Security:
Final: Approved

In notes also, all mentioned met/passed. (As of date 18th Nov)

Called IRCC, they raised a query with VO (Edmonton) about the status.. but it will tak3 weeks to months.

Any idea why its taking time to get the mail even after the profile seems approved as per the GCMS?

Please suggest any other way to get the status?
Its been 7 months 12 days..I have not received PPR yet..

Can someone pls tell me what does Final: Approved mean in GCMS note (all other criteria met except security which is blank)?

Im really worried now..Coz there are no updates..CEC inland..Anyone waiting for PPR with Edmonton CPC? How to reach them directly to know the exact status?

tntv

May 2, 2019
My case is a bit unusual:
FSW inland.
Office: London
AOR: July 7 2019
Medical Exam passed: August 1 2019
Got Review required on criminality
Got landing interview email on March 3 2020.
There was no confirmation update on my account at all, but all is well.

addy442

Jan 10, 2020
Hello Guys,
AOR July 27th, 2019. Received 1st Ghost update on Feb 29th, 2020 followed by another Ghost update on March 2nd, 2020, this time I also received an email saying "A message about your application is waiting for you". When logged in to my account found an "Information Letter" under messages which is PPR.

As I have done my processing from the US, PPR has details related to US mailing address but I am currently residing in India. It would be great if someone can suggest further steps on how to proceed in my case.

Thank you

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hello Guys,
AOR July 27th, 2019. Received 1st Ghost update on Feb 29th, 2020 followed by another Ghost update on March 2nd, 2020, this time I also received an email saying "A message about your application is waiting for you". When logged in to my account found an "Information Letter" under messages which is PPR.

As I have done my processing from the US, PPR has details related to US mailing address but I am currently residing in India. It would be great if someone can suggest further steps on how to proceed in my case.

Thank you
Congratulations on your PPR.

You need to raise a web form to CIC informing that your current address is India. They'll send you updated letter and you can submit your passport to VFS in India based on your current location. CIC generally replies within 5 business working days.

Reactions: addy442

addy442

Jan 10, 2020
Congratulations on your PPR.

You need to raise a web form to CIC informing that your current address is India. They'll send you updated letter and you can submit your passport to VFS in India based on your current location. CIC generally replies within 5 business working days.
Hi Nitin,
Thanks for replying. Just wanted to know what would be better option.
Wonder if CIC will be that quick in sending updated letter ? or
send passport to US and ask friends to mail it from there?
Let me know your thoughts. Appreciate your help

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi Nitin,
Thanks for replying. Just wanted to know what would be better option.
Wonder if CIC will be that quick in sending updated letter ? or
send passport to US and ask friends to mail it from there?
Let me know your thoughts. Appreciate your help
Raising webform to CIC is better and more easy method. People have done that in same like your scenario.

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Hi I just got my repeat PPR letter - only took 2 days for them to resend.

I have a question, my passport requires a visa. But ny spouses passport does not require a Visa, do I send my passport and his copy of passport?
Not 100% sure but I think that would be the right way to do it yes only a copy.

If your spouse doesn't need a visa, you don't need to send the passport.

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Its been 7 months 12 days..I have not received PPR yet..

Can someone pls tell me what does Final: Approved mean in GCMS note (all other criteria met except security which is blank)?

Im really worried now..Coz there are no updates..CEC inland..Anyone waiting for PPR with Edmonton CPC? How to reach them directly to know the exact status?
I've seen a few PPRs from yesterday night with VO Edmonton. Hope ours will come soon!