+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Doc_raman_saini

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
moment ago
I got issue with form IMM5669 ..i signed electronically but it has changd now to do with hand too ..i sent my file today again ..how i can track my file after recieves at Visa office

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Hello guys,

My name is Diego, this is my first post here, I sent the application package to sponsor my wife on Saturday (July 21st). It seems it might be arriving in Sydney by Friday, let's hope all goes well

Thanks for having me

jnt211

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
New York
App. Filed.......
08-08-2018
Hi!

I have a couple questions:

1) I noticed in the introductory post that it states that the FBI/Police check does not need to be included with the application— is this correct?

2) Once everything is approved, is there a limited time before we have to move to Canada? If so, what is that time frame? My husband and I are both currently living in the states.

Thank you!

Cancuba

Jul 17, 2018
Cuba
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nova scotia
Hello everyone, I am Canadian sponsoring my husband from Cuba. We lived together in Mexico for 5yrs and married for 2 of them. He is in Cuba now though. The office in Sydney received our application on July 16th, 2018. Now we wait!! Thats the hardest part.
I have no questions but will keep everyone posted on our timeline. Any other people applying from Cuba keep us posted!!
Good luck to everyone

BoleGanesh

Jul 20, 2018
We only had my wife's insurance showing me as her beneficiary for spouse recognition. Evidence of financial support and shared expenses are remittances and receipts/invoices which shows both of our names. For proof of contact, we had screenshot of our conversation, written posts on Facebook, and letters. We made sure that all of them contained the dates.
Does the chat should be continuous by the date or could it be by random date, Plz suggest..

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Does the chat should be continuous by the date or could it be by random date, Plz suggest..
To the best of my knowledge there's no rule as to how to arrange the chats but orderliness will make things tidy, much easier for you and the immigration officer. Being disorderly in your arrangement means more work for the officer and it could imply you're intentionally doing it to conceal something

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
As bago4c stated above, it's much better to have everything in an organized fashion. The easier it is for the officer to check everything, the faster it can go through the process.

PR2018USA

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
Hi everyone,

I created a separate thread for this question but maybe it's best answered here considering we will probably complete the application by the end of July.

Situation:
I am looking to sponsor my common-law spouse (who has been in the country since Jan 2016 under a study permit) through an outland application. He is from the US so I assumed this would be the fastest route.
However, his study permit expires at the end of the month (July 31, 2018) and we want to be together while we wait on the application.

Wondering what the best alternative is. At present, our sponsorship application hasn't been submitted as we are waiting on a few documents.

A study permit extension is out of the question as the international tuition fees is too much for us at this time.

Options:
1) Apply to change to a Visitor Visa and then send a PR application.
2) Send both applications concurrently.
OR

3) Send Inland application to at least have an implied status through the OWP.

I have read in a few places where visitor visas have been denied so I just wanted to be careful about this.
PGWP is not possible at this time.

Thank you!!

avin.ajbani

Jun 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-07-2018
AOR Received.
28-09-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
11-10-2018
moment ago
I got issue with form IMM5669 ..i signed electronically but it has changd now to do with hand too ..i sent my file today again ..how i can track my file after recieves at Visa office
This means you again wait for AOR1. Your file again gets in queue unfortunately because application number isn't generated in this case.

DL2017

Dec 26, 2017
Hello. My wife (CAN citizen) is sponsoring me (US citizen) and we are using the outland spousal application. We just completed the application and gathered all documents (including police cert). I just dropped off the package at the post office today (7/26/2018). I guess we belong in this thread, unless this is for people who have received acknowledgement already?

Reactions: unluckyPenny