+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

unluckyPenny

Sep 1, 2017
Hello. My wife (CAN citizen) is sponsoring me (US citizen) and we are using the outland spousal application. We just completed the application and gathered all documents (including police cert). I just dropped off the package at the post office today (7/26/2018). I guess we belong in this thread, unless this is for people who have received acknowledgement already?
I am in the same boat as you. Canadian wife and my husband is living in a border town in USA and comes to visit me for his 2 days off every week. I go visit him on my days off. We want 7 days a week together and the waiting is hard.

App received in Sydney July 9
Anticipating a reply around 16 August or so.... hope it works, as this is our 2nd try. First time the forms were not done properly as he has a daughter who is not accompanying him who is 18 and we didn't think she needed to sign forms but she did. And we used the wrong check list.

Ok - we were in a rush to get it in and the mistakes cost us months of time.

If we get UIC, we will apply for a temporary visa, and then an open work permit. I am praying this works and he is here in 6months

limonade

Jul 20, 2018
I’m really surprised at the amount of ppl on the imm tracker for July sending their applications to New Delhi, Manila, etc at the end of this month. The guide is pretty clear about where to send it.

Hay04

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
I’m really surprised at the amount of ppl on the imm tracker for July sending their applications to New Delhi, Manila, etc at the end of this month. The guide is pretty clear about where to send it.
I think you're mixing it up, that's the principal applicant visa office, not where they sent their application.

SRK1992

Jul 12, 2018
My April application was returned to me on May 29 saying that I didn't use the correct version of a form...had to redo my entire package again.

Sent it back on 9 July to Sydney and now waiting. I hope we can get an idea of how much time Sydney takes and if its faster than Mississauga, however I think if they are all new staff over there then it will probably take longer! I am seeing dates between 35-45 for AOR1s to be received
Yes, looks like Sydney is taking longer to issue AOR1. Hopefully they pick up the pace soon. I heard applications received around June 13 have received AOR1. May I ask what form was the reason for return in your case?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Good Evening guys :) I am a new guy here ! How to join here? Or am I joined in this thread already? Why every one is quite! I was watching this thread for few days now ..

By the way; My app for spousal sponsorship is received by CPC Sydney on 30th JULY. They continue changing forms, But don't even look at this form: SCHEDULE A imm5669. It clearly reads at end, " By typing my name here I am digitally signing this form" My whole package was returned back after 1.5 months by CPC Mississauga; just because wife did not sign this imm5669! They could have returned just 1 form but NO; A letter came in reads:-
"Note: As per the Document Checklist, a handwritten signature is required on the lMM5669 form if you have typed your name next to the signature box." OK, I agree now just read that thing, but how much it takes to just modifying the form itself ! Why can't they simply modify the form like this:- "Please make sure you also sign beside typing your name."
They have this letter PRINTED for everyone with no names on top! So imagine that means many applications were and are being returned because this DIGITALLY signing thing. We had to sign all new forms {few JUNE versions} since they change forms every few months for sure. I had her sign all forms again as per advised by IRCC agent. Then she sent me all by DHL, then I signed all forms, printed dated by hand rather than from drop down window!

NOW I wonder if this would create a problem? Forms were validated overseas, signed by wife , sent to me, then I had to sign and date by hand..
We are 2 months late for this Schedule A DIGITALLY SIGNING confusion. :mad:
Thanks for reading guys.

Last edited:

Doc_raman_saini

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Good Evening guys :) I am a new guy here ! How to join here? Or am I joined in this thread already? Why every one is quite! I was watching this thread for few days now ..

By the way; My app for spousal sponsorship is received by CPC Sydney on 30th JULY. They continue changing forms, But don't even look at this form: SCHEDULE A imm5669. It clearly reads at end, " By typing my name here I am digitally signing this form" My whole package was returned back after 1.5 months by CPC Mississauga; just because wife did not sign this imm5669! A letter came in reads:-
"Note: As per the Document Checklist, a handwritten signature is required on the lMM5669 form if you have typed your name next to the signature box." I agree now just read that but how much it takes to just modifying the form itself! Why can't they simply modify the form like this:- "Please make sure you also sign beside typing your name."
They have this letter PRINTED for everyone with no names on top! So imagine that means many applications were and are being returned because this DIGITALLY signing thing. We are 2 months late for this confusion. :mad: Thanks for reading guys.
True we r in same boat ...just fr one reason we again hav to wait again same...now it is sent to sydney office whuch seems quite slow...missisauga was updating fast ..now more anxious hopw they wont take long

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
There MUST be a serious reason shuffling things around, Mississauga apps going to SYDNEY, SYDNEY apps going to Ottawa! Now what Mississauga staff will do? May be they are going to transfer all STAFF to Sydney? Unless they increase staff there it is gong to be 2 months I guess be4 any1 gets AOR 1. Sydney was fully loaded already by INLAND spousal and may be more! :rolleyes: May be it will turn out better for all of us!

Doc_raman_saini

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Yeah may e..my lawyer told me they started processing applications but they r busy with online filed cases yet ..soon they will start..hoping fr best !

Morningstar1

Aug 2, 2018
Hi ,I need help. I am a permanent resident my husband is a add on to my application but his application is outland and process in Accra office ,and i understand that the application process takes 12months June 2018 makes it 12 months still no response I dont know what to do I need an advice pls any one can help thanks.

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
There MUST be a serious reason shuffling things around, Mississauga apps going to SYDNEY, SYDNEY apps going to Ottawa! Now what Mississauga staff will do? May be they are going to transfer all STAFF to Sydney? Unless they increase staff there it is gong to be 2 months I guess be4 any1 gets AOR 1. Sydney was fully loaded already by INLAND spousal and may be more! :rolleyes: May be it will turn out better for all of us!
Mississauga CPC is the one handling inland spousal applications. Maybe they switched? Sydney is now dealing with outland apps. June 15th is the latest AOR they've given out today.

Hi ,I need help. I am a permanent resident my husband is a add on to my application but his application is outland and process in Accra office ,and i understand that the application process takes 12months June 2018 makes it 12 months still no response I dont know what to do I need an advice pls any one can help thanks.
Please call IRCC and contact your local MP for assistance. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

Aali_1603

Jul 10, 2018
Financial evidence as in proof showing that the sponsor can support the PA once he/she gets to Canada or proof that there were financial connections between the two of you? Those two are different.

The first requirement is to show that the sponsor has the capability to support the PA once the PA is in Canada. A proof of employment (letter from employer) and either a CRA Option C or CRA Notice of Assessment is required for that. This is required from all sponsors! PA doesn't have to show anything in this regard.

Then there's the financial support/shared expenses requirement that is only required if you meet or doesn't meet certain criteria based off of the checklist. Remittances and shared purchases throughout the years are what we provided for this one. Both sponsor and PA has to be indicated in them to show that the relationship has been ongoing for a while and genuine.

Can I give the exchange of gifts, chats and calls as a proof of genuine relationship in more than 10 pages? Cause i have our phone and messages records of last one year.

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
Can I give the exchange of gifts, chats and calls as a proof of genuine relationship in more than 10 pages? Cause i have our phone and messages records of last one year.
Sure, you can. It's greatly preferable if they can confirm that those gifts were given by one then received by the other.For example, you can't just take a picture of a watch that was gifted because they have no way to confirm who it was from.

For messages, take a screenshot of them. With mailed letters, you can take a picture of it. Compile everything in a Word document then print.