+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens after submitting my application?

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Family Class Sponsorship OUTLAND

If your application is complete, you will receive Acknoledgment of Receipt (AOR1) whithin 60 days, usually 45 to 56 days via email.

Then, if eligible, the sponsor will receive the Sponsor Approval email(SA) which contains the UCI (Unique Client ID) and application number to use for tracking the status of the application.

Then, if not submitted with the application:

1. Police Check Certificate Request(PCC)

2. Medical Exam Request

3. Request to pay for PR Card (RPRF)

4. Request to submit additional documents

5. Request for any additional documents that were missing from your application

At this stage, you can check the status of your application online(ECAS) or link your application to GCKEY.

Then you might receive a file transfer email to the Local Visa Office (VO) or Canadian High Commission in your country.

God speed

Last edited:

ashpash22

Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02-09-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2018

If your application is complete, you will receive Acknoledgment of Receipt (AOR1) whithin 60 days, usually 45 to 56 days via email.

Then, if eligible, the sponsor will receive the Sponsor Approval email(SA) which contains the UCI (Unique Client ID) and application number to use for tracking the status of the application.

2. Medical Exam Request

At this stage, you can check the status of your application online(ECAS) or link your application to GCKEY.

Then you might receive a file transfer email to the Local Visa Office (VO) or Canadian High Commission in your country.

God speed
Thanks for this!

Reactions: revenant

aBc_1990

Star Member
Dec 16, 2017
H

2. Medical Exam Request

God speed

How we can pay fee ? bank draft or how ?

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Dear all,

Here is the updated version:

If your application is complete, you will receive Acknoledgment of Receipt (AOR1) whithin 60 days, usually 45 to 56 days via email or less if lucky.

Then, if eligible, the sponsor will receive the Sponsor Approval email(SA) which contains the UCI (Unique Client ID) and application number to use for tracking the status of the application. Via email

Then the Principal Applicant(PA) will receive the letter confirmation of receipt of the PR application/Acknowledgment Of Receipt(AOR1). Via email

Please note that both the Sponsor and PA receive identical Application number but different UCI numbers.

Then, if not already submitted upfront with the application:

2. Medical Exam Request

4. Request to submit additional documents, 5. Request for any additional documents that were missing from your application.

Using application number/UCI number, surname, DOB, country of birth etc... you can log in to ECAS to monitor the process of your application, link below:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

Then you might receive a file transfer email to the Local Visa Office(VO).

Then you might be invited for an interview.

Receive Pre Arrival Letter.

Decision Made on your application.

Passport Request (PPR).

Request for new set of PR photos.

Confirmation of PR (COPR).

God speed

Doc_raman_saini

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
I got issue with form IMM5669 ..i signed electronically but it has changd now to do with hand too ..i sent my file today again ..how i can track my file after recieves at Visa office

MNSQ-QATAR

Dec 27, 2017
Dear all,

Here is the updated version:

If your application is complete, you will receive Acknoledgment of Receipt (AOR1) whithin 60 days, usually 45 to 56 days via email or less if lucky.

Then, if eligible, the sponsor will receive the Sponsor Approval email(SA) which contains the UCI (Unique Client ID) and application number to use for tracking the status of the application. Via email

Then the Principal Applicant(PA) will receive the letter confirmation of receipt of the PR application/Acknowledgment Of Receipt(AOR1). Via email

Please note that both the Sponsor and PA receive identical Application number but different UCI numbers.

Then, if not already submitted upfront with the application:

2. Medical Exam Request

4. Request to submit additional documents, 5. Request for any additional documents that were missing from your application.

Using application number/UCI number, surname, DOB, country of birth etc... you can log in to ECAS to monitor the process of your application, link below:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

Then you might receive a file transfer email to the Local Visa Office(VO).

Then you might be invited for an interview.

Receive Pre Arrival Letter.

Decision Made on your application.

Passport Request (PPR).

Request for new set of PR photos.

Confirmation of PR (COPR).

God speed
Thank you so much for this!

Can I ask what the time duration is between most of these steps? Still not sure which period has the longest wait.

Joel 79

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018

2. Medical Exam Request

God speed

Joel 79

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Hi good day guys I'm new here cic received my application Jan 2018 I did the medical July 11 my files is now in port of Spain for further processing can someone say how long I have to wait again

Reactions: Riri16

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
I got issue with form IMM5669 ..i signed electronically but it has changd now to do with hand too ..i sent my file today again ..how i can track my file after recieves at Visa office
We made the same mistake when we send in our application at the end of April and I was returned to us near the end of may. I m afraid your application might be returned, unless the person looking over your file looks over it. You can always call and find out an update . good luck

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
Try this number: 1-888-242-2100, then choose 2, then 1 then 0 for the operator

Doc_raman_saini

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
We made the same mistake when we send in our application at the end of April and I was returned to us near the end of may. I m afraid your application might be returned, unless the person looking over your file looks over it. You can always call and find out an update . good luck
Yeah it got returned to us ..again submitted in july..hoping fr best this time

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
T

Thank u so much..waotong fr my AOR1...u got ur AOR1..what is ur update of timeline now
Yes I've received my aor1 now I am waiting for the owp, hoping to get it this week ... But looks like it'll take longer. I am a May 30 applicant.