+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Yes I did call them. They said it's upto Mississauga officers now if they transfer it internally to nova Scotia or they will mail it back to me.. But even that will take a month or two considering the timeline for AOR. So I'm stuck anyway. Can't do much about it rather than just waiting
That's sad but let's hope for the best. Asides a wrong CPC, I'm guessing you didn't use the latest forms either--some forms were updated in June. Please see this update: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/application-kit-spousal-sponsorship.html?_ga=2.129288004.912906748.1532058377-427156888.1523221753 and check the gather your documents link again to be sure you submitted the latest forms. All the best

BoleGanesh

Jul 20, 2018
Hello, any suggestions on

Important Documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse other than Employment or Insurance

Evidence of financial support.

Proof of Contact: should it be only chats of 10 pages or it should be mix of all Calls, Chats..

Please help..

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
Hello, any suggestions on

Important Documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse other than Employment or Insurance

Evidence of financial support.

Proof of Contact: should it be only chats of 10 pages or it should be mix of all Calls, Chats..

Please help..
We only had my wife's insurance showing me as her beneficiary for spouse recognition. Evidence of financial support and shared expenses are remittances and receipts/invoices which shows both of our names. For proof of contact, we had screenshot of our conversation, written posts on Facebook, and letters. We made sure that all of them contained the dates.

Reactions: BoleGanesh

BoleGanesh

Jul 20, 2018
We only had my wife's insurance showing me as her beneficiary for spouse recognition. Evidence of financial support and shared expenses are remittances and receipts/invoices which shows both of our names. For proof of contact, we had screenshot of our conversation, written posts on Facebook, and letters. We made sure that all of them contained the dates.
Thanks Synoptic. That really helps..

golden_leaf

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Do we need to show financial evidence of the one who is sponsoring or both need to show financial evidence?
Hi! It does not matter whether you show financial support evidence stating that the sponsor helped the principal applicant or vice-versa. Either of the documents would work as the purpose is to show that the relationship is genuine.

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
Do we need to show financial evidence of the one who is sponsoring or both need to show financial evidence?
Financial evidence as in proof showing that the sponsor can support the PA once he/she gets to Canada or proof that there were financial connections between the two of you? Those two are different.

The first requirement is to show that the sponsor has the capability to support the PA once the PA is in Canada. A proof of employment (letter from employer) and either a CRA Option C or CRA Notice of Assessment is required for that. This is required from all sponsors! PA doesn't have to show anything in this regard.

Then there's the financial support/shared expenses requirement that is only required if you meet or doesn't meet certain criteria based off of the checklist. Remittances and shared purchases throughout the years are what we provided for this one. Both sponsor and PA has to be indicated in them to show that the relationship has been ongoing for a while and genuine.

Dr.Shreeram

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Hello.
I am a Permanent Resident currently residing in Canada and my wife is in India. I am applying for her Spousal Dependant Visa. I have got all my document ready to file her application. However, I am confused regarding the address on which the documents are to be sent. Can anyone please guide me regarding this?

Thank you

Last edited:

limonade

Jul 20, 2018
Hello.
I am a Permanent Resident currently residing in Canada and my wife is in India. I am applying for her Spousal Dependant Visa. I have got all my document ready to file her application. However, I am confused regarding the address on which the documents are to be sent. Can anyone please guide me regarding this?

Thank you
Depending on where you are it has the address on the new and updated checklist.

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
Hello.

Thank you
You meant you're applying for Spousal Sponsorship, right?

If you're using Canada Post, the address is:
Case Processing Centre - Sydney
P.O. Box 9500
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 0H5

If you're using a courier like Fedex or UPS:
Case Processing Centre
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2

I'm not sure if I mistyped anything, so I would suggest that you follow this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html#submit

Dr.Shreeram

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
You meant you're applying for Spousal Sponsorship, right?

If you're using Canada Post, the address is:
Case Processing Centre - Sydney
P.O. Box 9500
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 0H5

If you're using a courier like Fedex or UPS:
Case Processing Centre
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2

I'm not sure if I mistyped anything, so I would suggest that you follow this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html#submit
Yes. I am applying for her Spousal Sponsorship Outland as she is in India and I am in Canada.