+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
9th July applicant from Colombia. Still no reply up to this day. I don't understand someone on that thread were stating less then 2 weeks ago that they were working on June 25th, and in less then 2 weeks later, they are supposedly working on 24th July demand, yet almost nobody have AOR1 from previous days. Something is terribly wrong from CIC. I just saw that June applicants had to wait more the 90 days in some cases. From my part I have corrected all mistakes from our initial demand in march 2018 (Which we never got to see again once they send it back to Colombia because they did not put the complete address on the parcel, thx again CIC) I have updated all forms form June 2018 and last check list, made sure that all was signed, corrected e-mail address from my wife on IMM0008 form, we have write and signed letters to justify some proof we cannot add to the demand. Indeed, all was sent to Sydney. There is no way they can spot some motive to send it back this time. I am starting to hate that way of processing spouse sponsorship, and paying a lawyer does not make it any better. They should update their system and receive all by internet now, first improvement they should have done 10 years ago.
You put way too much stock in what the call center says. They are wrong and give out inconsistent information all the time. AORs are not processed chronologically like that, some officers are busier than others, less efficient, sick days, whatever the case may be. There's no promised timeline to receive AOR. Try to think of it as a 12 month overall target.

GuillermoQC

Aug 9, 2018
You put way too much stock in what the call center says. They are wrong and give out inconsistent information all the time. AORs are not processed chronologically like that, some officers are busier than others, less efficient, sick days, whatever the case may be. There's no promised timeline to receive AOR. Try to think of it as a 12 month overall target.
I know that it will probably be a 12-14 months overall process in Colombia because they do not even process in the country but in Mexico. Still, we were never used to see people getting AOR1 more then 2 months after the reception of a demand until they moved all to Sydney.

Last edited:

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I know that it will probably be a 12-14 months overall process in Colombia because they do not even process in the country but in Mexico. Still, we were never used to get AOR1 more then 2 months after the reception of a demand until they moved all to Sydney.
That's actually not true. Last year it took an outland applicant 11 weeks. It's not unheard of. It happens, and while it sounds blunt, CIC has no commitment to you to provide AOR within a certain timeframe. Try to look at it that way, I know it's frustrating. I've mentioned it before, I got AOR in 10 days, and within a couple weeks it jumped to a couple months wait.

cbliss

Aug 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

I tried calling the outside of Canada number but the automatic system is asking for my application number. . . which I dont believe I have as I have not received an AOR yet. Is there another way to find the application number ? Or a way to bypass the automatic system ?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi everyone,

I tried calling the outside of Canada number but the automatic system is asking for my application number. . . which I dont believe I have as I have not received an AOR yet. Is there another way to find the application number ? Or a way to bypass the automatic system ?
You get your number with AOR. I don't know the way to bypass on the out of Canada number. It was 2 1 1 0 on the inside Canada one.

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Trying to call them from morning. 2 1 1 0 from inside Canada. Automated system is telling, there is high volume of calls and suggesting to call later.

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Was able to talk to a CIC call centre representative, I am July 16th applicant and my status is they are still reviewing if I am eligible for sponsoring my wife.
She did not confirm regarding when I will get an AOR1.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hey Guys and Gals ! Sydney is currently processing 24th JULY Confirmed. But again every file/every desk is different. Some files are still stacked in heavy loads due to transfer from M to S CPC so you never know whose turn will be next for getting a file number or AOR1

Kajohn

Nov 4, 2011
Hey Guys and Gals ! Sydney is currently processing 24th JULY Confirmed. But again every file/every desk is different. Some files are still stacked in heavy loads due to transfer from M to S CPC so you never know whose turn will be next for getting a file number or AOR1
they are working on July 24th but no one but one person from July got AOR1... so what exactly processing means?
I want to believe that they will just roll out all July applications at once along with SA and medical requests...

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
qq please -

who would receive the AOR1 is it on the Sponsor's email or the Principal Applicant's (Sponsored Person)?

and what would be the email id CPC- XXX-Sydney @ cic.gc.ca?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!