NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Cool
As per my notes, my eligibility is "review required" due to settlement funds. However, without any specific reason!! even though in the early pages of my notes FSW funds is met. So weird!!!
In Addition, my PReVU is verified even though my eligibility status is: "review required".
I smell fish :oops:
Did you raise the CSE and upload supporting docs & LOE like we discussed?

Reactions: KarRml

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I went two days without checking my CIC account (despite not being on the field or away from civilization).... yipeee!
Now I'm going to try to go one week without checking. Since there's nothing to be found in there anyways. I'm 99% sure my PPR will come via email.

guster325

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
I went two days without checking my CIC account (despite not being on the field or away from civilization).... yipeee!
Now I'm going to try to go one week without checking. Since there's nothing to be found in there anyways. I'm 99% sure my PPR will come via email.
Teach me master! :D

After IP2 I check pretty much once everyday for a ghost update or anything...

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Hey guys,

Some of you guys' eligibility status are "Met", and some others are "Recommend Passed". I'm wondering if they mean the same or the former is the next step after the latter?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hey guys,

Some of you guys' eligibility status are "Met", and some others are "Recommend Passed". I'm wondering if they mean the same or the former is the next step after the latter?
They mean essentially the same.
Once a Visa officer checks it, it'll go from Met or Recommended passed to Passed.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Teach me master! :D

After IP2 I check pretty much once everyday for a ghost update or anything...
hehehe. What cured me was the phone call that my security checks still hasn't been initiated. I figured there'll be no ghost update till security is completed

MadPakistani#1

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
I've been wondering the same thing. So far I haven't had any luck with applying for jobs from outside Canada, but then again that could just be due to my profession (software). I suppose reaching out to recruiters directly, and specifying that you have a valid visa, might help even if you are not in Canada yet.
That might be a good option....

steeks2009

Nov 28, 2018
That might be a good option....
It should come as no surprise to anybody that Canada will generally have fewer openings for *most* professions. So I guess we will have to be a little pro-active in finding jobs.
E.g.: I was browsing LinkedIn yesterday and I noticed that a top global tech company based out of Washington has over 3000 openings in the US, but only 13 in Canada...

Reactions: MadPakistani#1

guster325

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
It should come as no surprise to anybody that Canada will generally have fewer openings for *most* professions. So I guess we will have to be a little pro-active in finding jobs.
E.g.: I was browsing LinkedIn yesterday and I noticed that a top global tech company based out of Washington has over 3000 openings in the US, but only 13 in Canada...
My idea is to try and find a job in Canada before moving. As soon I get the PPR I will create/update my resume, and send it to any job position I can find when the CoPR returns.

BTW, does anyone have any experience with the Job Bank? Do I have to contact the companies sending my resume, or do I submit my resume and wait for any interested company to contact me?

Reactions: steeks2009

steeks2009

Nov 28, 2018
My idea is to try and find a job in Canada before moving. As soon I get the PPR I will create/update my resume, and send it to any job position I can find when the CoPR returns.
Yeah that's my plan too; it makes the most sense for people like us who can't move to Canada only to find out that there are no jobs...

Not sure about the job bank, but for highly specialized professions I think companies wouldn't bother looking in such places. Like in the tech sector, for example, I haven't heard of anyone finding a job through the job bank, but then again I don't know a lot of people who've moved to Canada.

danijes

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Yeah that's my plan too; it makes the most sense for people like us who can't move to Canada only to find out that there are no jobs...

Not sure about the job bank, but for highly specialized professions I think companies wouldn't bother looking in such places. Like in the tech sector, for example, I haven't heard of anyone finding a job through the job bank, but then again I don't know a lot of people who've moved to Canada.
Job bank is bogus, what are your experience ?

steeks2009

Nov 28, 2018
Job bank is bogus, what are your experience ?
I think so too, but like I said, I don't know enough people who've used it, so I can't say if its undeniably true. I created my profile months ago but didn't bother using it, because the PR itself seemed so distant.
Now that it's on the horizon, I am starting to look through LinkedIn postings. Not highly encouraging, but there's quite a few openings in my field - not as much as in the US, but it's something.
Then there's always the option of keeping some funds handy and starting your own venture or something.

Reactions: MadPakistani#1

danijes

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
I think so too, but like I said, I don't know enough people who've used it, so I can't say if its undeniably true. I created my profile months ago but didn't bother using it, because the PR itself seemed so distant.
Now that it's on the horizon, I am starting to look through LinkedIn postings. Not highly encouraging, but there's quite a few openings in my field - not as much as in the US, but it's something.
Then there's always the option of keeping some funds handy and starting your own venture or something.
what are your experiences if you say i can guide you ? without knowing it will be tough for me .