Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@tobs , didn't you receive a ghost update after moving to IP2 stage?
No I haven't, and since I confirmed on Tuesday that my security checks still haven't been initiated I'm not surprised/expecting any ghosts for sometime.
But it annoys me everyday.

guster325

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Hello everyone, please I need a clarification on an as i'm a little confused .I want to put in a letter of explanation for my proof of funds, should I upload it under the proof of funds uploads or the letter of explanation section?
I just feel like it would be easier to comprehend if it's uploaded together with my proof of funds documents rather than separately in the letter of explanation section

please can someone advise on the right thing to do
I do not know the 'right thing to do', but I will share what happened to me in this case.

At the time I sent my application I had 2 bank accounts, and the banks did not want to or could not give me the letters with all the CIC requirements. To make things worse, both banks were bought by other banks within the 6 months period, and my wife's bank account was in a third bank.

I had the same idea as yours about being easier to comprehend, so I explained all this history in a LoE together with all the documents I could gather, and uploaded it in a single PDF as proof of funds.

In my GCMS notes, the proof of funds were set as 'review required' for some time, but eventually the eligibility was 'met' without any ADR. I think the first agent just checked for the bank letter, did not find, and marked as review. When another agent (or the same?) actually read the LoE, it got accepted.

saad.ahmed1816

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Hi guys a small question. The pictures that they ask with passports submission. Are they the same with what we submitted with application initially

KarRml

Oct 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
I do not know the 'right thing to do', but I will share what happened to me in this case.

At the time I sent my application I had 2 bank accounts, and the banks did not want to or could not give me the letters with all the CIC requirements. To make things worse, both banks were bought by other banks within the 6 months period, and my wife's bank account was in a third bank.

I had the same idea as yours about being easier to comprehend, so I explained all this history in a LoE together with all the documents I could gather, and uploaded it in a single PDF as proof of funds.

In my GCMS notes, the proof of funds were set as 'review required' for some time, but eventually the eligibility was 'met' without any ADR. I think the first agent just checked for the bank letter, did not find, and marked as review. When another agent (or the same?) actually read the LoE, it got accepted.
dude, how much time it changed from review required to met??
how many GCMS did you order

KarRml

Oct 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Hi guys a small question. The pictures that they ask with passports submission. Are they the same with what we submitted with application initially
Nope. They are bigger with some certain requirements.
Don't worry about that, as when you receive the ppr email, it will contain all necessary requirements to finalize the visa stamp. (including the photos etc..)

guster325

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
dude, how much time it changed from review required to met??
how many GCMS did you order
To be honest, I do not know for sure. I just ordered one GCMS until now, though I am planning to order a new set.

The 'Activity' and 'Application' section of the GCMS does not have a timestamp. The best idea is the 'Notes' section. In this case, the 'Note 2' was created on Aug 14th, and stated the proof of funds review. The 'Note 1' was created on Aug 20th, and states 'PReVU verifired' only.

I ordered the GCMS on Oct 25th, so the eligibility was met somewhere between Aug 14th and Oct 25th. But since the 'PReVU' seems to be part of the security clearance, which kind of requires the eligibility to be met to be initialized, my guess is that the review was done before Aug 20th.

[EDIT] One piece of information about my GCMS that I just found out.

In the 'Application' section, my application moved from the 'Centralized Intake Office' to 'CPC Ottawa' after my eligibility was 'met'. The 'Note 2' was created by the 'Centralized Intake Office', while the 'Note 1' was created by the 'CPC Ottawa'.

So I think it is quite safe to say the 'review required' moved to 'met' between Aug 14th and Aug 20th.

Last edited:
Reactions: KarRml

KarRml

Oct 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
To be honest, I do not know for sure. I just ordered one GCMS until now, though I am planning to order a new set.

The 'Activity' and 'Application' section of the GCMS does not have a timestamp. The best idea is the 'Notes' section. In this case, the 'Note 2' was created on Aug 14th, and stated the proof of funds review. The 'Note 1' was created on Aug 20th, and states 'PReVU verifired' only.

I ordered the GCMS on Oct 25th, so the eligibility was met somewhere between Aug 14th and Oct 25th. But since the 'PReVU' seems to be part of the security clearance, which kind of requires the eligibility to be met to be initialized, my guess is that the review was done before Aug 20th.

[EDIT] One piece of information about my GCMS that I just found out.

In the 'Application' section, my application moved from the 'Centralized Intake Office' to 'CPC Ottawa' after my eligibility was 'met'. The 'Note 2' was created by the 'Centralized Intake Office', while the 'Note 1' was created by the 'CPC Ottawa'.

So I think it is quite safe to say the 'review required' moved to 'met' between Aug 14th and Aug 20th.
Cool
As per my notes, my eligibility is "review required" due to settlement funds. However, without any specific reason!! even though in the early pages of my notes FSW funds is met. So weird!!!
In Addition, my PReVU is verified even though my eligibility status is: "review required".
I smell fish :oops:

guster325

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Cool
As per my notes, my eligibility is "review required" due to settlement funds. However, without any specific reason!! even though in the early pages of my notes FSW funds is met. So weird!!!
In Addition, my PReVU is verified even though my eligibility status is: "review required".
I smell fish :oops:
They gave me no reasons as well. I just assumed it was because of my complicated bank account history...

Where did you find the 'FSW funds met' on GCMS? Mine just have 'ECONOMIC Available Funds (CAD)'

KarRml

Oct 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
They gave me no reasons as well. I just assumed it was because of my complicated bank account history...

Where did you find the 'FSW funds met' on GCMS? Mine just have 'ECONOMIC Available Funds (CAD)'
in my notes page 10/90, under EE ELIGIBILITY
ASSESSMENT
FUNDS
Number of Family Members: 1
Minimum Funds: Met
MST Funds Exempt: N
FSW Funds Exempt: N
Moreover, there are is something called subactivities under the same section which also has FUND: Met

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Guys,

Anyone here did an analysis on the frequency of PPRs are sending as batches? If we can do an analysis based on MyImmiTracker data, we can at least get a rough idea about the frequency of sending bulk PPRs.

It is definitely depends on the VO and the no of approved applications. As I remembered correctly, the last time Ottawa sent the bulk PPRs was on November 15th...So, when will be the next?

@cansha , you have anything to say on this?
Last bulk batch was November 26th which mainly consisted of June 15- 22 AOR CEC candidates

MadPakistani#1

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Hey Guys!
Does anyone have any experience regarding applying for jobs in Canada before landing?
Is it a good practice to apply before your landing or just a waste of time?
Any specific format/formats for Resume?

Last edited:
Reactions: steeks2009

guster325

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
in my notes page 10/90, under EE ELIGIBILITY
ASSESSMENT
FUNDS
Number of Family Members: 1
Minimum Funds: Met
MST Funds Exempt: N
FSW Funds Exempt: N
Moreover, there are is something called subactivities under the same section which also has FUND: Met
I seems to me that this EE Eligibility is the electronic assessment done by the CIC portal when you submitted your profile. On my GCMS, this part was updated by 'EAIPAPP', which is unlike to be an agent.

So if you declared more funds than the minimum requirement for a single person, I'd say it would mark as 'met' in this eligibility.

Reactions: KarRml

steeks2009

Nov 28, 2018
Hey Guys!
Does anyone have any experience regarding applying for jobs in Canada before landing?
I've been wondering the same thing. So far I haven't had any luck with applying for jobs from outside Canada, but then again that could just be due to my profession (software). I suppose reaching out to recruiters directly, and specifying that you have a valid visa, might help even if you are not in Canada yet.

Reactions: MadPakistani#1

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hey Guys!
It doesn't hurt to try.
Search for jobs using Indeed and Monster

Reactions: MadPakistani#1