+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

CaptainJG

Star Member
Dec 9, 2018
Just got off the phone with an agent there, who I have to say was pretty nice and helpful even though he didn't tell me what I wanted to hear.

Eligibility is recommended pass and then background is still in process. I asked him about security/criminality specifically but he said that's the same thing and they were taking care of background verification now. My eligibility apparently caused some delay because they were reviewing work experience/NOC codes but they never asked me for ADR and he says they wont need to now so I dunno, maybe my employer just gave shit reference letters and they needed to verify (my words, not his). He said eligibility is always the longest part of the application and usually takes about 4 months to process. Mine started in August. Last time I called in early December my eligibility was review required.
Still being processed in Ottawa.

Definitely got the impression my application wont be processed by the 6 month mark next Wednesday but fingers crossed there's good news soon.
Cool. Curious for my own reference has this been reflected when you log in your account? Does the background check line now say its in progress rather than they'll notify you when it begins?

Hochspitch

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Cool. Curious for my own reference has this been reflected when you log in your account? Does the background check line now say its in progress rather than they'll notify you when it begins?
Still the same as always. Been in IP2 since August and my background check has been "in progress" since then. No changes and no ghost updates since.

CaptainJG

Star Member
Dec 9, 2018
Hi Seniors, question for you. I submitted 4 additional documents via CSE on Decemeber 10th and received below acknowledgement on December 11th. Should these documents now show in my account when I click "View Submitted Application"??

I ask because they are not there. Here is a screengrab of what my gcms notes dated January 2nd say on the correspondence.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1maA1IGZRDxBfXPq6ez53ZdnRiBQ4wyQk/view?usp=sharing

I'm most concerned as document sub type says client enquiry which it wasn't really.

Acknowledgement from December 11th:
Good day <MY NAME>,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following documents:

• <MY DOCUMENTS>
We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.
If further information is needed during the processing of the application, the responsible office may contact you.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,
<AGENT NAME, AGENT NUMBER>

NanSat28

Dec 4, 2018
Chennai
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-07-2018
Hi guys @tobs,@cansha wand everyone who has an idea about my query, need an advise, I have crossed my six months mark on 15th Jan, applied gcms on 16th Jan, still no acknowledgement came for that, my agent says that acknowledgement normally takes 5 days ending today, normally how much time it will take. Also with that acknowledgement what are the details we can know about our application ??

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Good morning all,

I received my gcms notes and everything looks good I.e POF, medicals, education req, work experience etc but then there was a part where it states "Review required for statutory questions". Any ideas? What do I need to do ?
I’m in a similar situation. Do we wait it out or send them sth?

Reactions: Dodoz

D_Gna

Dec 21, 2018
Just a thought, many people are emailing Ralph but he is not the only MP. Any MP can look into your file with your consent. I suggest looking on the Map for those outside Canada, find a small town and google their MP. You can make contact with them and they are usually less busy and will be very helpful.

Reactions: Yemidd and tobs

Keith500

Jun 6, 2018
The wait is worth it they say.
You will have it soon.

Thanks Keith500

Yesterday I received email from CES is below, my application is in Sydney, 6 months passed still eligibility is not determined:(:(:(:(:(

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your permanent residence application under the Provincial Nominee Program.

• Your application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on July 20, 2018.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you and your family members if applicable meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.
  • The background verifications are currently in process.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi Seniors, question for you. I submitted 4 additional documents via CSE on Decemeber 10th and received below acknowledgement on December 11th. Should these documents now show in my account when I click "View Submitted Application"??

I ask because they are not there. Here is a screengrab of what my gcms notes dated January 2nd say on the correspondence.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1maA1IGZRDxBfXPq6ez53ZdnRiBQ4wyQk/view?usp=sharing

I'm most concerned as document sub type says client enquiry which it wasn't really.

Acknowledgement from December 11th:
Good day <MY NAME>,
We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following documents:

• <MY DOCUMENTS>
We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.
If further information is needed during the processing of the application, the responsible office may contact you.
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,
<AGENT NAME, AGENT NUMBER>
It won't show in your account.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi guys @tobs,@cansha wand everyone who has an idea about my query, need an advise, I have crossed my six months mark on 15th Jan, applied gcms on 16th Jan, still no acknowledgement came for that, my agent says that acknowledgement normally takes 5 days ending today, normally how much time it will take. Also with that acknowledgement what are the details we can know about our application ??
Who did you order the notes through? send the agency an email. I always received the acknowledgement within a few hours.

jss129

Jan 5, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I received my AOR on 16th July 2018, and completed 6 months mark last week on 16th Jan 2019.
I contacted CIC on 17th and received the answer below today, Any idea how long it will take normally after this,
or should i open a new case with them asking about the ETA.

"
Good day <Name>

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

Sincerely,

MFranzese1

Jan 22, 2019
Hello all, new here just looking for some more information regarding my PR. My AOR date is July 6, 2018. I was told a couple of different times when I called CIC that my application was approved on December 19, 2018 but I have yet to receive my PPR. I have sent a couple of web forms in asking questions and just get told that the Sydney, Nova Scotia office has been notified that they are beyond the normal processing times. They are aware that my application is late but just tell me to sit and wait as the office was notified and nothing more can be done.

I tried calling the number provided here (16139444000) but this only seems to send me to CIC (which I have talked to 3 times) and not actually the Sydney office. I also tried emailing (FSW-Sydney-Search-Enquiry@cic.gc.ca) and it was kicked back saying that it was an incorrect email.

My questions are:
1) Is there anything I can do to get things completed or is it just a waiting game?
2) I am currently on a closed work permit with 1.5 years until it expires, I have accepted a new position but do not think I can move to the new position with a different company until I get my PR. Is a bridge work permit an option or is there anything else I can do or again, do I just wait for my PPR.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Got a reply from CSE raised on Jan 16th... Also, I have ordered Notes on Jan 8th...

Your application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

The background verifications are currently in process for criminality and have not been initiated for security yet. The medical examination results on file are valid for you, your spouse and dependent children.

SandhyaMoh

Jan 21, 2019
Hi everyone, I have applied from India aor 26 July with bg update on 15 Nov and additional documents been reviewed on 18 Dec. Has anyone been in a similar situation or if u can update on the timelines from here.thanks.

Anurav

Dec 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31-07-2018
Hi Everyone,

One of my friend got a PR email to submit passport yesterday. AOR 29 Aug; FSWO (india), V.O : Ottawa; 1 applicant; 1 Dependant; 1 Infant.

Hope July people will get PR email soon. Have patience.....