+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

RBNJ

Dec 25, 2018
Finally Got a chance to speak to an agent for the 1st time, that too after a short waiting time of 29 minutes. As per my file, eligibility is recommended to pass, criminality passed, security not started yet. Not sure how long security check will take and when it will start...that's what the agent said. Any idea what security check is all about and how long does it take generally?? AOR: July 20

Last edited:

ritz9999

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
Hello All,

As per my previous post, got my GCMS notes dated on 18th December, 2018.
It shows that my primary office is still CPC- Vegreville, but that office is closed in August. Is any one in the same position.

Can anyone please share CPC Edmonton e mail address ?

Sarkaniyaar

Jan 20, 2019
Hi, my AOR is 11th July and i have got my GCMS notes which says "review required" on eligibility however i have not received any clarification email from them. Raised CSE on 20th july and waiting for their response. Anyone in this group from India who has a later AOR date than mine with confirmation of PR?

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Hi, my AOR is 11th July and i have got my GCMS notes which says "review required" on eligibility however i have not received any clarification email from them. Raised CSE on 20th july and waiting for their response. Anyone in this group from India who has a later AOR date than mine with confirmation of PR?

What is the reason for "review required" on eligibility ?
Raise CSE and upload any documents which can clear the doubts...

Sarkaniyaar

Jan 20, 2019
What is the reason for "review required" on eligibility ?
Raise CSE and upload any documents which can clear the doubts...
That is the trouble, in GCMS notes the reason is not mentioned. I have raised CSE and im currently waiting for a response from them

Dodoz

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
@Dodoz Have you gotten response to the CSE you raised on this issue. It will be nice of you to share the response gotten. Thanks
I raised a CSE and sent an email to my VO. Got a response to my email, acknowledging receipt of my email but I haven't gotten a response to the CSE raised. Hopefully, I will get one tomorrow. Will update the house

Reactions: madekeye

bhaumik_

Nov 20, 2018
I passed the 6 month mark on 7th January and raised CSE but got generic response. So, I contacted local MP today regarding my application. Below is the response I received.

I spoke with CIC and was advised that all assessments on your PR application have been completed and the application is in queue to be finalized. As such, we have sent a message to the processing office to inquire about when you can expect the application to be completed. I should have a response within the next 10 business days. If you have not heard from me or CIC by February 5th, 2019, please reach-out to me again.
Anyone else here been in a similar situation? Is this a generic response? o_O

madekeye

Jun 17, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
Passport Req..
09/07/2019
Hello All,

As per my previous post, got my GCMS notes dated on 18th December, 2018.
It shows that my primary office is still CPC- Vegreville, but that office is closed in August. Is any one in the same position.

Can anyone please share CPC Edmonton e mail address ?
You might raise a CSE to contact them.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hello Everyone,
I received my AOR on 16th July 2018, and completed 6 months mark last week on 16th Jan 2019.
I contacted CIC on 17th and received the answer below today, Any idea how long it will take normally after this,
or should i open a new case with them asking about the ETA.

"
Good day <Name>

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,
Congratulations.
The next thing is to receive your passport request letter.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hello all, new here just looking for some more information regarding my PR. My AOR date is July 6, 2018. I was told a couple of different times when I called CIC that my application was approved on December 19, 2018 but I have yet to receive my PPR. I have sent a couple of web forms in asking questions and just get told that the Sydney, Nova Scotia office has been notified that they are beyond the normal processing times. They are aware that my application is late but just tell me to sit and wait as the office was notified and nothing more can be done.

I tried calling the number provided here (16139444000) but this only seems to send me to CIC (which I have talked to 3 times) and not actually the Sydney office. I also tried emailing (FSW-Sydney-Search-Enquiry@cic.gc.ca) and it was kicked back saying that it was an incorrect email.

My questions are:
1) Is there anything I can do to get things completed or is it just a waiting game?
2) I am currently on a closed work permit with 1.5 years until it expires, I have accepted a new position but do not think I can move to the new position with a different company until I get my PR. Is a bridge work permit an option or is there anything else I can do or again, do I just wait for my PPR.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
It's a waiting game right now. Try emailing the visa offices to ask for your PPR. Search the forum for examples.

Reactions: cecict

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Finally Got a chance to speak to an agent for the 1st time, that too after a short waiting time of 29 minutes. As per my file, eligibility is recommended to pass, criminality passed, security not started yet. Not sure how long security check will take and when it will start...that's what the agent said. Any idea what security check is all about and how long does it take generally?? AOR: July 20
Lots of people are also waiting for security checks to start. Once
it starts it'll be completed quickly.

Reactions: cecict

Abzstem

Jun 20, 2018
Hey everyone, I have finally recently received by GCMS notes for the first time and need your infinite wisdom to understand how to proceed. Any help is much appreciated! I am a FSW-inland applicant, 6th of July 2018 AOR, Medical passed, been in IP2 since August and nothing after that. Currently on a working Visa in Canada.

So from what I gather, my case is being delayed because the analyst has reduced my CRS points for following reasons.
1) Skill transferability points for foreign work experience went to 0, because I worked as a consultant overseas on a self-employed basis. But I have read in numerous articles and on the forum that self-employed experience counts toward FSW program. I have marked this as self-employed experience in the profile when I was applying to get into the draw and the calculator still granted me 25 points, so I don't understand if it's the analyst who got mixed up here or me. So if anyone can correct me or add any info, please feel free.

2) I got reduced points for arranged employment as "the letter does not confirm employment for at least one year after issuance of Visa". It is true, the letter does not say that, but I am already working in Canada for this company for more than a year now and nothing changed about that. Should I send a new letter to the case officer where it would say the above or send them a LOE stating that I work for this company more than a year now?

3) Should I pay the RPRF fee now or at this point wait till the request?

Thank you all! :)