+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2013 Applications

micky_73

Oct 18, 2013
I sent my application (family of 3) on 2nd July through Canada post express and they delivered on the July the 5th. I called them today (18th October) and they said that they are processing applications received on Aug 8th. In response to my application, they said that either it would have been lost or they might have returned it back for lack of some data and I should wait for a couple of weeks.

Don't know if I should believe them and hope that they will open my application soon.

I read that quite a few folks have submitted in July and are also waiting for a response. Did you get the same response from them considering that they are processing for Aug 8th?

Halifax

Oct 2, 2013
micky_73 said:
I sent my application (family of 3) on 2nd July through Canada post express and they delivered on the July the 5th. I called them today (18th October) and they said that they are processing applications received on Aug 8th. In response to my application, they said that either it would have been lost or they might have returned it back for lack of some data and I should wait for a couple of weeks.

Don't know if I should believe them and hope that they will open my application soon.

I read that quite a few folks have submitted in July and are also waiting for a response. Did you get the same response from them considering that they are processing for Aug 8th?
I think it takes longer to process family applications, but fingers crossed and hopefully you will see your ecase updated shortly. Best of luck!

micky_73

Oct 18, 2013
Well ... hope so. Probably will call them next week again. Dont want them to loose my docs and waste these 4 months now.

Kw8Un0NK

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
My application was delivered on July 23d. Called them few times. They can't find my application, yesterday they told me to call them in 2 weeks and that my application was supposed to be opened already. What's interesting, each time I call they behave differently, native English speakers (non French) are more polite and they don't rush to finish talking to you. One guy asked to provide tracking number and told me that he is going to contact office in Sydney with request to search for my application.

micky_73

Oct 18, 2013
I called them today again and they said that the acknowledgement has been mailed to my address today itself in the morning and will receive it next week. Keeping fingers crossed until I receive it

Kw8Un0NK

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
micky_73 said:
I called them today again and they said that the acknowledgement has been mailed to my address today itself in the morning and will receive it next week. Keeping fingers crossed until I receive it
Did they provide any reason for delay? I've called them today and was told they don't have any traces of my application and that it is likely that it was lost :mad:

Now I am not sure what to do, to wait or resubmit. Until they confirmed they opened your application had they mentioned anything other than 'We don't know where your application is" or any possible reason it hadn't been open?

msvadi

Sep 11, 2013
I would suggest waiting. Mine was delivered on July 11th. I have not received anything yet, and there is nothing on Ecas. I don't think it's likely that they would lose a whole bunch of July applications. But if they did, it's very upsetting, as it took me over a month to put everything together for our family application.

Kw8Un0NK

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
msvadi said:
I would suggest waiting. Mine was delivered on July 11th. I have not received anything yet, and there is nothing on Ecas. I don't think it's likely that they would lose a whole bunch of July applications. But if they did, it's very upsetting, as it took me over a month to put everything together for our family application.
Thank you for sharing your status. Have you tried calling them?

micky_73

Oct 18, 2013
I would also suggest that you wait. From what I am reading, it takes a good amount of time for family applications. I did not inquire about the delay. Her answer was so soothing that I did not bother to ask any more questions.

I think they directly read the updates for us and may not know what is happening in the background .... maybe I am wrong. But have patience.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A member of the forum frommontrealwithlove had his application received at CIC on Aug 7th and his e-cas shows in process with processing date of Oct 17, 2013.

Wonder why July applicants still haven't seen an update.

Also an instance where May 27 applicant had his processing date of Sep 6 while a May 28th applicant had his application processed on Aug 6, which is one month delay.

???? Dont know why

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They received my appl. on May 27 and started processing Sep 10. Around 3 months delay in between. The person you are talking about got the processing date in 2 months! I still don't understand the system. isn't it one office! SYDNEY! It's either the CIC agents are careless or there is a system that they are following which we don't know of.
But do you know if the 24 months period is from the day the application is received or processed?

dear_pnp said:
A member of the forum frommontrealwithlove had his application received at CIC on Aug 7th and his e-cas shows in process with processing date of Oct 17, 2013.

Wonder why July applicants still haven't seen an update.

Also an instance where May 27 applicant had his processing date of Sep 6 while a May 28th applicant had his application processed on Aug 6, which is one month delay.

???? Dont know why

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well yeah its the same office but the applications might not be stocked in a first in first out manner which explains why a whole bunch of people who applied at the end of may went into processing by first week of Aug and some ended up in sep.

Well only if luck favors our side, we would be more happier.

For the processing time, its from the time the application was received. But again others might disagree.