+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
I am wondering how you guys are able to get hold of IRCC agents over phone? I have been trying 1-888-242-2100 for a couple of weeks but every time the call ends with the same message that all agents are busy. Do you have any other number? Appreciate your help!
I got hold of the agent today, tried twice around 2:30 pm EST.. just don’t give up, it’s best to call them sharp 8am or after 2pm eastern

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
I think so too, but couldn't find a suitable thread to back this theory. If you're correct, then, only Test and Oath are fwded to local / closest IRCC offices, not the LPP. The reason to ponder on this was to understand if East coast LPP are also processed at Sydney, NS or they go somewhere else? Since East coast LPPs are being processed at such high speeds, I thought it was worth investigating.
So I spoke with the IRCC rep today afternoon and few new updates, one that my file is with the MISS office now and not with CP Sydney NS. He said that the two offices work together but I don’t know how much to believe there .. second update was that my application is normal and routine and Oath should follow under the normal 4-6 months after test timeline.. just got to wait now ✌

NDNgo

Jan 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
I just wrote and passed the citizenship test. Do you receive any confirmation after the test is done?
I wrote it a little late, right on the end date, July 6 at 7am. I did not receive anything after that and was wondering if it was too late. My citizenship application status tracker still stays the same.
TEST START DATE: 2023-06-16 (yyyy/mm/dd) at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time
TEST END DATE: 2023-07-06 (yyyy/mm/dd) at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time
I was too busy with work and the study guide is loooonnngggg.

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
I just wrote and passed the citizenship test. Do you receive any confirmation after the test is done?
I wrote it a little late, right on the end date, July 6 at 7am. I did not receive anything after that and was wondering if it was too late. My citizenship application status tracker still stays the same.
Did your score pop up at the end of it? If it did you will be ok. Takes about 3 days for the tracker to update it to complete.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
How was test ? Was it easy? What kind of format was it ? Where did you study from ?

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
as long as you are in the window, you should be ok, it gets updated on the tracker anywhere between 3-10 days (generally)

Last edited:
Reactions: rushi.gada

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
The first agent told me it was invalidated but didn't tell me the reason. The second agent said it might be a technical issue that caused it to be invalidated (maybe a blurred ID photo - just my guess). After 2 months, I received the letter invalidating my test and telling me to wait for further updates. I received my new test date 2 weeks after. I did not take any action to get my test retake. I just waited as I can't do anything about it as the agent told me my application is still within the 19 months timeframe.
You mentioned taking the test in person, were you with a group? I’ve had issues with the test from the start. That would be nice if they can start doing big in person test sessions again but taking it online is pretty convenient…when it all works correctly.

NDNgo

Jan 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Did your score pop up at the end of it? If it did you will be ok. Takes about 3 days for the tracker to update it to complete.
as long as you are in the window, you should be ok, it gets updated on the tracker anywhere between 3-10 days (generally)
Thanks! I did get the score page.

How was test ? Was it easy? What kind of format was it ? Where did you study from ?
I wrote it in 5 minutes and got 20/20. All multiple choice. Just read the study guide carefully at least 3 times. I spent 3 nights to study. The hardest part is the history, all memorizing, lots of years and names to remember. The rest is mostly about political system, culture and geography which most I already know in years of living here and things I don't mind learning

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019

I wrote it in 5 minutes and got 20/20. All multiple choice. Just read the study guide carefully at least 3 times. I spent 3 nights to study. The hardest part is the history, all memorizing, lots of years and names to remember. The rest is mostly about political system, culture and geography which most I already know in years of living here and things I don't mind learning
You're good with the Test. Just give a few days and it should get updated on your tracker

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020

Thank you. Do we get any questions regarding dates and True / False ?

doycarlo

Aug 15, 2017
You mentioned taking the test in person, were you with a group? I’ve had issues with the test from the start. That would be nice if they can start doing big in person test sessions again but taking it online is pretty convenient…when it all works correctly.
Yes, I was with a group of around 30 people. The interview will be conducted after you finish the test. The whole process took like 1.5 hrs. Their office was just a walking distance from where I lived so it was pretty convenient for me. I also had issues when I took the online test.

Reactions: Americanwife94

markito89

Jul 23, 2018
Hey Markito! Did they provide you with any info on the requested passport scans? Did they receive them? Are they working on your Physical presence? Anything?
Well I was only told that the scans were received two days after I sent them and that the application is in progress, I also asked if my application is routine or non-routine and I was told there's no indication as to whether it is or not .. I wanted to learn more but I guess the agent I talked to was not the kindest :)

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Well I was only told that the scans were received two days after I sent them and that the application is in progress, I also asked if my application is routine or non-routine and I was told there's no indication as to whether it is or not .. I wanted to learn more but I guess the agent I talked to was not the kindest :)
Thanks. Appreciate your insight. I was also asked to provide passport scans on May 30. Sent them the same day. Nothing since then. Hope things will pick up.