+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
I’m a paper applicant. … post test completed, my file was sent back to Nova Scotia (phone support told me that)

Question for the group, is this normal? I mean some people get their LPP completed in no time, so just curious as to what happens after the test.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Do we know how long it takes to have BG completed after CIC receives the Fingerprints result?

From what I see online, it would take 1 or 2 days but mine seems to be taking more than a week.
The few people I know who were asked for FP, got their BG cleared in under two weeks after submitting the FPs

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
I’m a paper applicant. … post test completed, my file was sent back to Nova Scotia (phone support told me that)

Question for the group, is this normal? I mean some people get their LPP completed in no time, so just curious as to what happens after the test.
What office is closest to you? Where did you get test invite?

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA

If I'm not wrong may be Sidney process LPP

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hey, my test email came from MISS and I know I live fairly close to the local IRCC office in Mississauga, so that would be the closest office for me. When I called the cxt srv last week, they told me my file is currently at the processing center in Sydney, NS and in queue to be processed for LPP. He also confirmed that my BG and Test have been marked as completed. I was just wondering if all files are sent back to Sydney after the test to join the next queue or the rep was just faffing.

Reactions: JensonP

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
I think so too, but couldn't find a suitable thread to back this theory. If you're correct, then, only Test and Oath are fwded to local / closest IRCC offices, not the LPP. The reason to ponder on this was to understand if East coast LPP are also processed at Sydney, NS or they go somewhere else? Since East coast LPPs are being processed at such high speeds, I thought it was worth investigating.

Reactions: Cpwr

markito89

Jul 23, 2018
just had a call with IRCC. Well, they didn't tell me anything except that the passport copies I sent about a month ago were received 2 days after and they're still working on my application ... the only odd thing was that she told me my office is Vancouver citizenship office even though the document request came from Surrey office. Does anyone know what that means?

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
just had a call with IRCC. Well, they didn't tell me anything except that the passport copies I sent about a month ago were received 2 days after and they're still working on my application ... the only odd thing was that she told me my office is Vancouver citizenship office even though the document request came from Surrey office. Does anyone know what that means?
Offices often share workloads, and that's normal. I think you should see a Decision soon!

dipzy2827

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Toronto CA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Lot's of LPPs issued today to Dec 2022 and Feb 2023 applicants from GTA.... Hopeful that I would get my LPP by end of July too.
Hope So! Only that's left for us to do as of now.
Seeing Feb and March applications from Mississauga get cleared LPP. Jan people are still stuck! :(
On top of that IRCC's 19 months processing timeline sayings.. Awww frustrating!

NSPK

Feb 9, 2023
@admin please update

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1313
Application: Single
Application submitted: 08 Jan, 2023
AOR: 27 Feb, 2023
Background completed: 15 Apr 2023
Citizenship Test Invite: 18 Apr (Between 25 Apr and 11 May)
Citizenship Test Done: 9 May (updated 12 May)
LPP completed: 18 May (posted at 20 May)
Ceremony: not start
Even my application (December applicant) processing center is Kitchener and the timeline is pretty similar to yours - LPP completed on 17 May and ecas DM on 18 May. Still awaiting oath. I wonder if anyone from Kitchener got their oath scheduled.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hope So! Only that's left for us to do as of now.
Seeing Feb and March applications from Mississauga get cleared LPP. Jan people are still stuck! :(
On top of that IRCC's 19 months processing timeline sayings.. Awww frustrating!
We're next .. I can feel it in my bones :)

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Please update:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1111
Application: Single
Application submitted: 19 Jan, 2023
AOR: 01 Feb, 2023
Citizenship Test Invite: March 10 (Between 24 March and 13 April)
Citizenship Test Done: March 24 (Passed)
Fingerprints request: May 19th
Fingerprints submitted: May 20th (RCMP mailed the results to CIC May 26th)
Fingerprints received CIC: June 19th

Background & LPP in progress.

Was told my application is non-routine.

• Wow
Reactions: ferstvi

alinee13484

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2019
will ordering gcms notes help trigger movement on application in anyway?