+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

waqasnawaz

Jul 23, 2014
just had a call with IRCC. Well, they didn't tell me anything except that the passport copies I sent about a month ago were received 2 days after and they're still working on my application ... the only odd thing was that she told me my office is Vancouver citizenship office even though the document request came from Surrey office. Does anyone know what that means?
I am wondering how you guys are able to get hold of IRCC agents over phone? I have been trying 1-888-242-2100 for a couple of weeks but every time the call ends with the same message that all agents are busy. Do you have any other number? Appreciate your help!

Reactions: Di2882

doycarlo

Aug 15, 2017
I am hopeful for that for us as well. I am finding it really hard to be patient, on Friday I learned that my test hasn’t been marked and I took it 5 weeks ago…I hope the agent bringing it to their attention gets the rest of it processed quickly. It’s frustrating seeing people you were in step with pass you timeline wise because of things being overlooked or taking extra time.
Hopefully now that Canada Day has passed we see some real movement for all of us. But being July I’m guessing some IRCC staff are about to go on vacation :p
Did they tell you why your test hasn't been marked yet? I called them after my wife's test was marked completed and mine wasn't even though I took it 1 week earlier than hers. They told me my test was invalidated and had to retake it again. I wrote the test today in person and also had my interview. Oath taking will be 1 month after.

Reactions: Americanwife94

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
does everyone have to have an interview? I haven’t notice a lot of people mentioning that they had one. What’s it for?

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
I am wondering how you guys are able to get hold of IRCC agents over phone? I have been trying 1-888-242-2100 for a couple of weeks but every time the call ends with the same message that all agents are busy. Do you have any other number? Appreciate your help!
I call them at 07:54 am.

I already know the numbers I type so it takes me less than 1 minute to hear (We are currently closed message), then I keep trying (looping) until they transfer me at 08:00 am.

Other than that, I tried few times after 2 PM and it worked too.

sk1984indian

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2014
BEDFORD
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge Date : 8th Nov 2014
Nomination.....
PER Date : 25th Nov
AOR Received.
Processing started on 19th Feb 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application
File Transfer...
30th Dec 2014
Med's Request
14th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
Completed medicals : 20th Mar 2015, Medicals uploaded : 27th Mar 2015, 3rd line update (Medical results received) : 31st Mar 2015
Interview........
Hopefully waived :) :)
Passport Req..
PPR : 4th May 2015, DM : 5th May, Passport Sent : 6th May, Passport Received : 23rd May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th May 2015
LANDED..........
4th September 2015
Reactions: Invaluablekiwi

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Did they tell you why your test hasn't been marked yet? I called them after my wife's test was marked completed and mine wasn't even though I took it 1 week earlier than hers. They told me my test was invalidated and had to retake it again. I wrote the test today in person and also had my interview. Oath taking will be 1 month after.
Did the phone agent tell you it was invalidated? Mine had not been marked pass/fail or invalid yet. I’m not sure what’s going on. I wish I could just take the test in person. Did they say why yours was invalid? Did you take any other action to get your test retake? I’m hoping they’ll mark it but I’m afraid they’ll make me retake it and I’d like to do it soon.

Nikiied28

Star Member
Apr 15, 2023
Please update:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1111
Application: Single
Application submitted: 19 Jan, 2023
AOR: 01 Feb, 2023
Citizenship Test Invite: March 10 (Between 24 March and 13 April)
Citizenship Test Done: March 24 (Passed)
Fingerprints request: May 19th
Fingerprints submitted: May 20th (RCMP mailed the results to CIC May 26th)
Fingerprints received CIC: June 19th

Background & LPP in progress.

Was told my application is non-routine.
Is it because of the FP request why it's non-routine?
Your LPP & Background was updated in the tracker finally?

doycarlo

Aug 15, 2017
does everyone have to have an interview? I haven’t notice a lot of people mentioning that they had one. What’s it for?
Program integrity interviews are required prior to COVID. They will ask you general questions about your application. After COVID, they don't require interview for all applicants. I don't know how they decide who needs an interview.

Reactions: Di2882

doycarlo

Aug 15, 2017
Did the phone agent tell you it was invalidated? Mine had not been marked pass/fail or invalid yet. I’m not sure what’s going on. I wish I could just take the test in person. Did they say why yours was invalid? Did you take any other action to get your test retake? I’m hoping they’ll mark it but I’m afraid they’ll make me retake it and I’d like to do it soon.
The first agent told me it was invalidated but didn't tell me the reason. The second agent said it might be a technical issue that caused it to be invalidated (maybe a blurred ID photo - just my guess). After 2 months, I received the letter invalidating my test and telling me to wait for further updates. I received my new test date 2 weeks after. I did not take any action to get my test retake. I just waited as I can't do anything about it as the agent told me my application is still within the 19 months timeframe.

Reactions: Americanwife94

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Is it because of the FP request why it's non-routine?
Your LPP & Background was updated in the tracker finally?
Background and LPP have been in progress already since day 1.

According to the agent yes, I also saw that online https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=5

However, doesn't really worry me cause many people got FP requests and they ended up getting their Oath in 7 months. I just hope things get accelerated a bit cause right now it's been ghosted for a while

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Program integrity interviews are required prior to COVID. They will ask you general questions about your application. After COVID, they don't require interview for all applicants. I don't know how they decide who needs an interview.
Ok thank you for clarifying, I was just a little bit confused.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Please update:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1111
Application: Single
Application submitted: 19 Jan, 2023
AOR: 01 Feb, 2023
Citizenship Test Invite: March 10 (Between 24 March and 13 April)
Citizenship Test Done: March 24 (Passed)
Fingerprints request: May 19th
Fingerprints submitted: May 20th (RCMP mailed the results to CIC May 26th)
Fingerprints received CIC: June 19th

Background & LPP in progress.

Was told my application is non-routine.
Unfortunately FP request is classified as a non- routine application but there are plenty examples of applications being completed in normal times even after FP request. Good news is that at least they’ve received your finger prints. Should clear your BG anyway now

Reactions: Keyjoe23