Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
Can someone update the tracker for me please?

Background verification complete Mar 29 2023
Citizenship test April 30 2023
Citizenship marked completed June 6 2023
Just want to update you all that my hubby just got an oath taking invitation today.

His oath taking will be on July 12, 2023.

It's like 2 months after he passed the exam.

Good luck all!

NDNgo

Jan 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Thank you. Do we get any questions regarding dates and True / False ?
yes. Either 4-choicer or true-false.

** Edit: Also, my citizenship test email title says "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Event Notification / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Notification d'événement - Niagara IRCC *Application ID*"
Does that mean my application is being processed in the Niagra office?

Last edited:

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
yes. Either 4-choicer or true-false.

** Edit: Also, my citizenship test email title says "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Event Notification / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Notification d'événement - Niagara IRCC *Application ID*"
Does that mean my application is being processed in the Niagra office?
Yes that is Niagra office.

Reactions: rushi.gada

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Just want to update you all that my hubby just got an oath taking invitation today.

His oath taking will be on July 12, 2023.

It's like 2 months after he passed the exam.

Good luck all!
Interesting that they marked his test so long after he took it. It’s been 5 weeks for me so I’m hoping it’s marked complete soon.

Reactions: rushi.gada

markito89

Jul 23, 2018
This is the truth , I think you are getting delayed because of the physical presence calculation due to your travel history
right .. I also traveled quite a bit and provided scans of 3 passports (~40 pages) I wonder if they're procrastinating on it :)) I don't blame them lol. Anyone knows how having had multiple trip histories impacts the process?

Reactions: derkdsou

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
right .. I also traveled quite a bit and provided scans of 3 passports (~40 pages) I wonder if they're procrastinating on it :)) I don't blame them lol. Anyone knows how having had multiple trip histories impacts the process?
my assumption - it probably will impact the processing of the application. I also have 4 passports and from different countries as well. But I also think it depends on how fast/quickly they can verify necessary trips, I guess. So, in your case, it might not be delayed.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
I had similar concerns. I'm not sure what qualifies as "extensive travel" considering it was practically impossible to travel outside of Canada for two years (20-21), but I had a combined total of 116 days outside of Canada; five trips to the US and the rest to ~12 other countries. Let's say 12 unique departures from Canada and a total of ~14 countries covered. (I diligently listed all the countries.)

I was lucky to not require a PCC for any of them, nor was I asked for passport scans. I cross-checked my entries and exits in and out of the US against I-94 data and was correct, but the same information and detail was not present in my CBSA notes -- some departures (and arrivals?) were simply missing. This meant that I was more than half expecting to be asked for passport scans because I fell so close to 1,095 days (1,102 days present).

@Dr. Walden chimed in on one of my posts pointing out that some flight and road departures to the US pre-2019 (?) were not available to CBSA, and this was a plausible trigger for passport scans. (The great irony being that I-94 is in the public domain and CBSA/IRCC don't simply verify this information themselves!)

Anyhow, getting to your question, I conclude, like all things with IRCC, nothing makes sense because I was not asked for passport scans (and I am very glad I didn't send them in preemptively based on @shiremag's advice). Why one is asked for passport scans while another with a comparable travel history isn't beats me: Perhaps it is down to the overall candidate profile? But it's more likely down to individual officer discretion.

EDIT: Adding the fact that when I applied for my PR Express Entry in 2018, I had a wild number of international trips, something like 140 in the 10 years prior. I worked a job in the UK that required frequent travel to the Schengen Area (and thankfully the EU stamps both on arrival and departure). I'm speculating that maybe they were conditioned to the fact that I am known to have an extensive travel history and they shouldn't have expected any different for my citizenship application?

Last edited:

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
I had similar concerns. I'm not sure what qualifies as "extensive travel" considering it was practically impossible to travel outside of Canada for two years (20-21), but I had a combined total of 116 days outside of Canada; five trips to the US and the rest to ~12 other countries. Let's say 12 unique departures from Canada and a total of ~14 unique countries covered. (I diligently listed all the countries.)

I was lucky to not require a PCC for any of them, nor was I asked for passport scans. I cross-checked my entries and exits in and out of the US against I-94 data and was correct, but the same information and detail was not present in my CBSA notes -- some departures (and arrivals?) were simply missing. This meant that I was more than half expecting to be asked for passport scans because I fell so close to 1,095 days (1,102 days present).

@Dr. Walden chimed in on one of my posts pointing out that some flight and road departures to the US pre-2019 (?) were not available to CBSA, and this was a plausible trigger for passport scans. (The great irony being that I-94 is in the public domain and CBSA/IRCC don't simply verify this information themselves!)

Anyhow, getting to your question, I conclude, like all things with IRCC, nothing makes sense because I was not requested for passport scans (and I am very glad I didn't send them in preemptively based on @shiremag's advice). Why one is asked for passport scans while another with a comparable travel history isn't beats me: Perhaps it is down to the overall candidate profile? But it's more likely down to individual officer discretion.

EDIT: Adding the fact that when I applied for my PR Express Entry in 2018, I had a wild number of international trips, something like 140 in the 10 years prior. I worked a job in the UK that required frequent travel to the Schengen Area (and thankfully the EU stamps both on arrival and departure). I'm speculating that maybe they were conditioned to the fact that I am known to have an extensive travel history and they shouldn't have expected any different for my citizenship application?
Passport requests are comparable to Fingerprint requests imo… both are random and not cherry picked files

Reactions: derkdsou

dejected

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Passport requests are comparable to Fingerprint requests imo… both are random and not cherry picked files
I am quite sure, IRCC is working according to some set/defined criteria and not “cherry picking”.
it is we who are making spurious judgments based on incomplete picture and stressing ourselves.

Reactions: Invaluablekiwi