+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Thanks for putting all those links and articles in one place. It's terrifying to read some of these stories because they put a very human face to what some people go through at the hands of IRCC. I had to stop reading the story about the guy who waited 15 months for an AOR.

While we may be posting anonymously here, it's important to remember that we are all very real people with very real emotions and fears. Stay compassionate, folks!
Agree. This is what it supposed to be. Defined regulations on processing of applications. And, giving the huge benefit of the doubt to IRCC (given there is no transparency in the process) I hope they do follow defined criteria in processing of applications/requesting passports/fingerprints/inviting to interview etc. However, there is absolutely no communication with IRCC in regard to application processing. It is literally a "black box" where you put all of your documents and have no idea what and when it yields back to you. Please allow me to remind you the recent track record of IRCC (and other government bodies as CRA) being absolutely negligent:
What I am trying to say - Yes! I want to believe and trust in orderly processing. I want to believe and rely on IRCC applying fair criteria to processing. As a taxpayer, I would like to see, at least, some transparency in the process, receive, at least, some communication from the processing office on the status, approximate timelines for my application. But in many of cases - it is nothing. Most of MPs do not help. A lot of people are forced to spend north of $10K to file mandamus (yet another way to extort savings from new immigrants, in my opinion).
Every time when somebody is trying to reach out to IRCC for any kind of information or update, in most cases they provide a very "political" answer like - There is no indication that your application is or is not a non-routine one or At this moment there is nothing required from you.

That being said, there are also a lot of examples of applications being processed normally, within normal time frames, and even faster. Sure, there are way too many factors that we don't know and don't see, and it is hard, almost impossible, for us to make a calculated/educated guess on why. However, why no communication? What is the reasoning for people in all green waiting months and months for the online oath/citizenship ceremony?

That is why is feels like they are "cherry picking". In the language of IRCC - There is no indication that they are not cherry picking.

• Love
Reactions: Cpwr and Dr. Walden

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for putting all those links and articles in one place. It's terrifying to read some of these stories because they put a very human face to what some people go through at the hands of IRCC. I had to stop reading the story about the guy who waited 15 months for an AOR.

While we may be posting anonymously here, it's important to remember that we are all very real people with very real emotions and fears. Stay compassionate, folks!
Thank you, derkdsou! I still have faith in people in IRCC!

waqasnawaz

Jul 23, 2014
[cross posted in January and February thread]
I got lucky today and was able to connect with an IRCC agent over the phone. I was told that since I have not been asked to provide any additional documents (as of yet), I should consider my application as routine. And for family applications it is normal for one applicant to clear a step before the others (background check in my case: my spouse's background check was completed on 30th May but there has been no change in the status of my and my kid's application). Lastly, I was told that my application is being processed at the Ottawa office. Any ideas if Ottawa office is slow/fast/okish?

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
App type: Family (2) - Online
Physical Presence Days: 1667 (myself), 1688 (wife)
App sent: Jan 15, 2023
App delivered: Jan 15, 2023
AOR: Jan 31, 2023
In Process: Feb 08, 2023
Background complete: Mar 02, 2023
Test invite letter: Mar 17, 2023
Knowledge test (online): Mar 29, 2023 (myself), Apr 04, 2023 (wife)
Test complete: Apr 17, 2023 (wife)
2nd test invite letter: Jun 13, 2023 (myself) - My first test was invalidated on Jun 09, 2023.
Knowledge test (in person): Jul 05, 2023 (myself)
Interview (in person): Jul 05, 2023 (myself and wife)
LPP: Jul 05, 2023 (myself and wife)
Congratulations!

Would you be okay to share more about the interview pls? Who was the person who met you and what kind of questions did they ask? Also, since LPP was marked completed the same day, did the person interviewing you marked it right in front of you?

Thanks!

Alex_K

Feb 2, 2017
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
Test Invitation: June 27, 2023
Test Window: June 30 - July 20
Test Done: July 1 (waiting for it to get updated on tracker)
Test Completed: July 4 (Updated on tracker on July 6)

Reactions: rushi.gada

doycarlo

Aug 15, 2017
Congratulations!

Would you be okay to share more about the interview pls? Who was the person who met you and what kind of questions did they ask? Also, since LPP was marked completed the same day, did the person interviewing you marked it right in front of you?

Thanks!
An agent from IRCC interviewed me. Just basic questions about family, work, and travels. I didn't see him marking it right in front of me but he confirmed that my application is okay and that I passed the knowledge test. He said to expect my oath ceremony in 1 month. Email invitation will be sent in 2 weeks.

canyang

Feb 25, 2023
Just received an email this morning, including the instruction to download the e-certificate (I haven't done the ceremony). Also says I'll be able to download once some form is signed in the ceremony. I checked the status tracker, nothing is updated yet. Normal situation?
Thank you for all help and support here. I received a letter later today for a scheduled ceremony/oath on 2023/07/13. Hope you all get the certificates soon!!

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Thank you for all help and support here. I received a letter later today for a scheduled ceremony/oath on 2023/07/13. Hope you all get the certificates soon!!
Hey Canyang, do you mind to clarify a couple of nuances for me regarding your application?
1. Any travel history within the eligible period?
2. Did they request your scanned passport pages?
3. Did you request GCMS notes?

canyang

Feb 25, 2023
Hey Canyang, do you mind to clarify a couple of nuances for me regarding your application?
1. Any travel history within the eligible period?
2. Did they request your scanned passport pages?
3. Did you request GCMS notes?
1. Nope, because of covid ((
2. Do you mean after I sent the application? If so, nope. I vaguely remember I sent the passport page in the application.
3. I don't know what that is, so nope )))

Reactions: Dr. Walden

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
THE CLOUDS HAVE PARTED AND THE SUN SHINES DOWN UPON ME TODAY FRIENDS!

I have received Decision Made status on ECAS. I’m assuming it’s a positive decision or I would have received a PFL or interview.

My test was marked sometime in the last week after about 5 weeks (yay not invalidated!!) and LPP completed yesterday (showing today on ECAS.)

I am over the moon and can’t wait to get my oath invite. I was really down this past week but just kept telling myself,
“There is another version of you on the other side of this who is a citizen. She is proud of you and cheering you on!”

So friends, I am cheering you on! This all SUCKS let’s not mince words. But It’s always darkest before dawn, can’t have rainbows without rain, smooth seas never made a good captain, etc.

What a great way to start my Saturday! I hope good news is coming soon to all of you still waiting. I’ll be on here until I take my oath and then I hope to never come around again honestly hahaha.

@admin please update the spreadsheet

Name: AmericanWife
Application Type : Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1818
Application: single
Application mailed: January 17, 2023
Application delivered: January 23, 2023
AOR: March 8, 2023
Background complete/In Process ECAS: May 9, 2023
Test invite received: May 17, 2023
Test window: May 22-June 11, 2023
Test taken: May 31, 2023
Test complete: July 4, 2023
LPP complete/Decision Made: July 7, 2023 (showing on ECAS July 8, 2023)
Thanks!

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
THE CLOUDS HAVE PARTED AND THE SUN SHINES DOWN UPON ME TODAY FRIENDS!

I have received Decision Made status on ECAS. I’m assuming it’s a positive decision or I would have received a PFL or interview.

My test was marked sometime in the last week after about 5 weeks (yay not invalidated!!) and LPP completed yesterday (showing today on ECAS.)

I am over the moon and can’t wait to get my oath invite. I was really down this past week but just kept telling myself,
“There is another version of you on the other side of this who is a citizen. She is proud of you and cheering you on!”

So friends, I am cheering you on! This all SUCKS let’s not mince words. But It’s always darkest before dawn, can’t have rainbows without rain, smooth seas never made a good captain, etc.

What a great way to start my Saturday! I hope good news is coming soon to all of you still waiting. I’ll be on here until I take my oath and then I hope to never come around again honestly hahaha.

@admin please update the spreadsheet

Name: AmericanWife
Application Type : Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1818
Application: single
Application mailed: January 17, 2023
Application delivered: January 23, 2023
AOR: March 8, 2023
Background complete/In Process ECAS: May 9, 2023
Test invite received: May 17, 2023
Test window: May 22-June 11, 2023
Test taken: May 31, 2023
Test complete: July 4, 2023
LPP complete/Decision Made: July 7, 2023 (showing on ECAS July 8, 2023)
Thanks!
that is wonderful news! I’m so happy for you and not at all jealous….. ok maybe 90/10 lol.
Can I ask which office is processing your file?

Reactions: Americanwife94

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
that is wonderful news! I’m so happy for you and not at all jealous….. ok maybe 90/10 lol.
Can I ask which office is processing your file?
Hahaha that’s exactly how I’ve felt everyday. Happy for everyone and not AT ALL jealous ;)

I am at Calgary office. I know others that took their test same day as me (same office too) have taken oath or are about to, I waited over 5 weeks to have my test marked complete so I’m not sure what happened there.