+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 intake, let’s connect

happpyy56

Star Member
Sep 26, 2021
Yes, 4 months. That's what it says on the official website.
can you please show me where it says that?
plus I have a question from when do we calculate our processing time? the day we apply online? or the day we give our biometrics? and in case the person is asked for additional documents does that affect the processing time?

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
can you please show me where it says that?
plus I have a question from when do we calculate our processing time? the day we apply online? or the day we give our biometrics? and in case the person is asked for additional documents does that affect the processing time?
The day biometrics is updated. Every request from IRCC will cause delays. I think they process apps in bulk not when its updated. So even if the file is ready they dont touch it. I think internally they have cycle based on some logic and they go through apps in bulk. I think they have meetings and someone tells them, today we are looking through apps between this date range, intake etc. Then they go about their business :)

Reactions: ilbpepper

happpyy56

Star Member
Sep 26, 2021
The day biometrics is updated. Every request from IRCC will cause delays. I think they process apps in bulk not when its updated. So even if the file is ready they dont touch it. I think internally they have cycle based on some logic and they go through apps in bulk. I think they have meetings and someone tells them, today we are looking through apps between this date range, intake etc. Then they go about their business :)
that’s very intensive :(

Maansaab

Aug 20, 2019
Hello folks
Sharing my timeline (SDS)
Got LOA on 27th July
Medical on 20th Aug
File lodged on 2nd Sept
Biometrics done on 7th Sept

lumoxmaxima

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Guessing by the name and biometric slots, its definitely India :)
ah i understand. Yeah biometrics slots depend from country to country but you need to check the slots and refresh the page every time.
Just a question, if IRCC does not process the study permit application on time until the semester starts. Then what will happen ?
For example; applied to study permit on september for january 2022 intake but they still could not finalize it and semester started.
Do we need to reapply for the next semester again or we need to study online until they process our application ?

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
ah i understand. Yeah biometrics slots depend from country to country but you need to check the slots and refresh the page every time.
Just a question, if IRCC does not process the study permit application on time until the semester starts. Then what will happen ?
For example; applied to study permit on september for january 2022 intake but they still could not finalize it and semester started.
Do we need to reapply for the next semester again or we need to study online until they process our application ?
You can wait for the visa till the refund deadline of your college, if you don't get a decision, it's better to ask for refund or defer your admissions to next intake

lumoxmaxima

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
You can wait for the visa till the refund deadline of your college, if you don't get a decision, it's better to ask for refund or defer your admissions to next intake
so, if the visa comes late, we cannot start studying online from our home country first and then visa comes, we can travel to canada ?

Yuv1

Sep 14, 2019
Can't speak about Vancouver but Lambton college is not really in Toronto. It's in neighbor city called Mississauga which is close to the Pearson airport. Vancouver is generally more expensive than Toronto. Mississauga is great city and renting is slightly cheaper than Toronto there. From Lambton to Toronto downtown, public transport takes about 1-1.5 hours. You should check rent and public transport prices and make your choice accordingly. Also, Toronto area (GTA) is cold during winter, don't forget that. Vancouver is a warm city.
Actually, lambton has three campuses, one in toronto, another in missisuaga and the main campus, in sarnia.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
People have started studying online even though the SP is not given yet. So it depends on the college and risk appetite. Best is to defer, but lets all wait and see.

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Hi,
I believe I started this thread.
I had planned to apply for January intake but since July I am I process for Nov intake as the applications for January were closed in July for Cambrian college.

Almost everything is done. Visa applied on 16th Sep under SDS and biometrics completed yesterday.
Thanks

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Hi,
I believe I started this thread.
I had planned to apply for January intake but since July I am I process for Nov intake as the applications for January were closed in July for Cambrian college.

Almost everything is done. Visa applied on 16th Sep under SDS and biometrics completed yesterday.
Thanks
Hey! So you got your biometric slot finally!
November is tight man, but lets hope for the best. I am sure they will consider intake dates as well.
So you can start online if visa is not delivered by then?
Why not other college?