+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

neel_321

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Haven't heard anybody receiving oath ceremony emails in the past week or so. Have any of you, whose LPP completed in Feb, been waiting for oath email? I have been waiting since 8 Feb.

neel_321

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Ottawa. On LPP completed since 3rd Feb. Did you try emailing Kitchener Oath office email address?
I did, twice. They responded both times saying that the "application is granted and its in sequence for an oath ceremony to be scheduled". As per them, the current processing time is between 4-12 weeks and hence mine is well within that timeframe. Standard response. What about you?

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I did, twice. They responded both times saying that the "application is granted and its in sequence for an oath ceremony to be scheduled". As per them, the current processing time is between 4-12 weeks and hence mine is well within that timeframe. Standard response. What about you?
I am waiting for a response for my email. When does this 4-12 weeks start? After LPP Completed or after we dropped an email. If LPP completed is the event I have already completed 8 weeks.

sivabukka

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Hi All,
I just recv my ATIP mail, the due date for LPP is 25th of Feb 2023. However, till date it did not start. Not sure wat these guys are upto.

Reactions: dny0821

neel_321

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
I am waiting for a response for my email. When does this 4-12 weeks start? After LPP Completed or after we dropped an email. If LPP completed is the event I have already completed 8 weeks.
From the time LPP completed. But as all of us know, that is just a number, realistically most of the folks receive the oath email within a month. Few like us keep on waiting, not sure why.

sivabukka

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Could you please elaborate? Why do you think will they skip the oath process. Sorry I have missed something.
As of October 2022, IRCC realized that they have a backlog of 360,000 files pending for citizenship grant. That is when few experts suggested that there should be a better approach to tackle the situation. So they come up with an approach of skipping the Oath ceremony in the presence of Judge. Meaning the applicant who is waiting for an Oath ceremony would receive an email to Opt the mode of Oath ceremony. 1) In presence of Judges (Virtual) 2) A simple click of consent that the Oath is completed. It was called out that the 2 approach would save 3 months. Based on this suggestion there was a survey opened to public to understand what they would poll for. That survey ran until 27th March 2023. For sure they might have the outcome by now.

I am anticipating that if there are no Oath emails coming in - there is something big that's gonna change the Oath process.

Reactions: forw.jane

neel_321

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
As of October 2022, IRCC realized that they have a backlog of 360,000 files pending for citizenship grant. That is when few experts suggested that there should be a better approach to tackle the situation. So they come up with an approach of skipping the Oath ceremony in the presence of Judge. Meaning the applicant who is waiting for an Oath ceremony would receive an email to Opt the mode of Oath ceremony. 1) In presence of Judges (Virtual) 2) A simple click of consent that the Oath is completed. It was called out that the 2 approach would save 3 months. Based on this suggestion there was a survey opened to public to understand what they would poll for. That survey ran until 27th March 2023. For sure they might have the outcome by now.

I am anticipating that if there are no Oath emails coming in - there is something big that's gonna change the Oath process.
That is a great insight. Thank you for sharing.