+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

neel_321

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Good Morning,

I have reached out to MP's office multiple times but its a standard response about delays due to COVID yada yada yada.
My Citizenship test was completed September 26, 2022.
Then in Jan 2023 Background, Physical Presence and Prohibitions was marked completed.
I believe we're supposed to receive Oath request 4-6 months from completion of the Citizenship Test.

2 more days until 6 months are up! Fingers crossed - finally coming to an end of this process.
My LPP completed on Feb 08 and awaiting the oath email ever since. Wrote to the Citizenship officer who took my interview and she confirmed that its in process and that I will be scheduled shortly. The current processing time, as per her, is between 4-12 weeks. But, as we all know, majority receives their oath email within 15-20 days.

sivabukka

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Good Morning,

I have reached out to MP's office multiple times but its a standard response about delays due to COVID yada yada yada.
Then in Jan 2023 Background, Physical Presence and Prohibitions was marked completed.
I believe we're supposed to receive Oath request 4-6 months from completion of the Citizenship Test.

2 more days until 6 months are up! Fingers crossed - finally coming to an end of this process.
Keep us informed in 2 days about the progress. While the website says 4-6 months, I blv they are not paying attention to this( I might be wrong). Whenever i mentioned to the agents about 4-6 months time frame, all of them read the same script about the overall timelines of 23 months.

sivabukka

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Good Morning,

Any latest update on Oath ceremony?

sajjarapu

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Keep us informed in 2 days about the progress. While the website says 4-6 months, I blv they are not paying attention to this( I might be wrong). Whenever i mentioned to the agents about 4-6 months time frame, all of them read the same script about the overall timelines of 23 months.
Same here, one agent even told that it is pre covid timelines ( which is ofcourse not true, coz it recently changed to 4-6 months from 3 months)

I'm getting frustrated and hopeless ! PR card is expiring, have a travel coming up, and not sure I'll even get my PR card before that ! so many life plans are affected because of this non transparent process !!

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Same here, one agent even told that it is pre covid timelines ( which is ofcourse not true, coz it recently changed to 4-6 months from 3 months)

I'm getting frustrated and hopeless ! PR card is expiring, have a travel coming up, and not sure I'll even get my PR card before that ! so many life plans are affected because of this non transparent process !!
I received my PR renewal in 3 months from application. Its just messed up. It's almost like they don't want us to become Citizens.

sivabukka

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
I received my PR renewal in 3 months from application. Its just messed up. It's almost like they don't want us to become Citizens.
It’s very unfortunate that Individuals who are sincere with their taxes, working towards the betterment of the community and no adverse record for about 4 years are treated like this. while everyone speaks about transparency for sure there are some facts which are tarnished on the name of time lines and covid. I am still not able to figure out why our files are delayed. I have to say two application were filed by me and a friend of mine on the same day with a difference of 4 hours from the same address. Background verification, citizenship test date and completeness of the test were all on the same day. with one difference that i gave my test from Poland. Right after the test my file got stuck and my friend completed his ceremony, received his certificate and currently waiting for passport. what is the reason no one knows. on all the calls they say everything is good no issues but i feel that no one makes an attempt to look at it. Not sure how long the wait should go on.

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
It’s very unfortunate that Individuals who are sincere with their taxes, working towards the betterment of the community and no adverse record for about 4 years are treated like this. while everyone speaks about transparency for sure there are some facts which are tarnished on the name of time lines and covid. I am still not able to figure out why our files are delayed. I have to say two application were filed by me and a friend of mine on the same day with a difference of 4 hours from the same address. Background verification, citizenship test date and completeness of the test were all on the same day. with one difference that i gave my test from Poland. Right after the test my file got stuck and my friend completed his ceremony, received his certificate and currently waiting for passport. what is the reason no one knows. on all the calls they say everything is good no issues but i feel that no one makes an attempt to look at it. Not sure how long the wait should go on.
I totally relate to this, same thing happened with me and a friend with the exception that I gave my test from India. I don't understand the hesitation to process people who travel abroad during this process. Both our travel history have been identical with no complications but yet my file will be counted as non-routine as I gave my test from India. It's not like Canadians aren't allowed to travel or live anywhere else.

Last edited:

superde

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Looks like there are still alot of us January 2022 applicants still waiting to have this process completed. This whole thing does not make any sense anymore. It took forever for them to get BG completed for me and since then no news on LPP. Test was taking within Canada.

As I had a number of travels within the five year eligibility period, I was even proactive to have all the pages of my passports as well as translated stamps attached to my citizenship application as when I submitted in January 2022, still that has not changed anything. I had a ghost update on March 24th but nothing changed on the tracker. It is really frustrating. I have not had to submit a PR card renewal as i really don't know when all this will be over. The most annoying thing is that some of those that submitted their applications in December 2022 are now at the same stage of LPP in progress as those of us that submitted one year (or even more than one year for some folks) ahead of them. It is really not fair and something has to be done.

sivabukka

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Looks like there are still alot of us January 2022 applicants still waiting to have this process completed. This whole thing does not make any sense anymore. It took forever for them to get BG completed for me and since then no news on LPP. Test was taking within Canada.

As I had a number of travels within the five year eligibility period, I was even proactive to have all the pages of my passports as well as translated stamps attached to my citizenship application as when I submitted in January 2022, still that has not changed anything. I had a ghost update on March 24th but nothing changed on the tracker. It is really frustrating. I have not had to submit a PR card renewal as i really don't know when all this will be over. The most annoying thing is that some of those that submitted their applications in December 2022 are now at the same stage of LPP in progress as those of us that submitted one year (or even more than one year for some folks) ahead of them. It is really not fair and something has to be done.

I hear you and can relate to a friend of mine who submitted his application start of October and he gave a test last week. It is unfair.

dny0821

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
My MP got back to me and this is part of the information rec’d:
  • Being processed at the Sydney office
Got my test email from West Citizenship. GCMS notes points to both Sydney and Vancouver but the file assignment is in vancouver?? any clue what this means?

dny0821

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
I'm so sorry for this kinda useless reply from them.

maybe now that you have your MP contacted them they will actually pull your file out and process it? Fingers crossed.

I did my test from Canada...haven't left the country in like 3-1/2-4 years.

February applicant...LPP still in progress since dec 02.(last and only 1 real update)

I think we might have been assigned to a "waiting bucket" non-existent agent number.
same situation did the test in canada, have not left the country but LPP still not started. my partner who applied this january had her exam done this month and status already completed in the system. i think my partner will get the citizenship before me