+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

cookiechan

May 6, 2017
That was what I did. Took test 2 months ago and everything else was, and still is, in progress. Not sure "normal" really exists in the process!
oh, good to know someone has the same situation. I thought the test invite would only be sent when the checking process is completed.
Let me know when your "in progress" changed to "Completed".

Reactions: Grassquit

tatateagold

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
LIKE THIS POST : IF You're a January Applicant who hasn't received any update after BG check was - Completed.

I'm trying to figure out whether all the people who haven't received test invites yet, are still active on this Forum or
They just didn't update their status and stopped following this forum at some point.

So that we have a more accurate picture of how many people are waiting. According to the excel sheet there should be around 48 people who are still at "Application is Processing" stage and no test invite.

And around 39 people haven't even received "processing" update so not sure if they're still active here.

May 2021, paper Applicants (regular not even urgent processing) are starting to get their test invites. So it's kinda bizarre to see at least 48 january applicants still waiting for test invites.

Jan 2021 - paper application (2 members) - Mississauga office
Aor - Mar 2021
BG complete - Apr 29, 2021
No update since.

Wife - Online application (1 member) - Apr 2021
AOR - Aug 24, 2021
BG Complete - Nov 9 2021
Test Window - Nov 19 - Dec 9.

Strange are the ways of IRCC (and mississauga office).

Reactions: LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

sivapras

Dec 24, 2012
I have taken the test yesterday and passed the exam. How much time it will take to get the official test result.
my test staus has been updated to complete now. No email came. I just randomly checked the status. How much time it will be for oath . My spouse test result still not updated to completed

salmankabir21

Aug 16, 2021
Hey Guys... So I have some good news to share. I have finally got my tracker and ECAS updated today. ECAS shows "Decision Made" on 13 Nov 2021 and the tracker shows today 15 Nov 2021 everything completed with only "Citizenship Ceremony" as "in Progress". The following is my timeline if anyone is interested to know:

Application Sent: January 15, 2021
Application Received: January 18, 2021
AOR: March 15, 2021
Background Check: May 05, 2021
Citizenship Test Invite: July 09, 2021
Citizenship Test Taken: August 03, 2021
PS: DID NOT GET ASK/INVITE FOR ANY INTERVIEW AFTER TEST OR ANY REQUIREMENT FOR PASSPORT FULL COPIES
Language, Physical Presence, Prohibitions: Nov 12, 2021
Oath Ceremony: January 25, 2022

The schedule date given for my citizenship is now given. But it says in the tracker

follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present

Now I am assuming that I will be sent an official email with all instructions soon, or is it going to be mailed in a paper copy? If they are going to send an email with instructions, then within how many days should I be receiving that now that everything is complete? or is it near the date of the ceremony they will send the instructions?

Just checking with people who have already got the invite for the Oath and the instructions as well. Would really appreciate anyone here who can reply in this regard.

Thanks in advance

singh2013

Jun 9, 2014
Hey All,
I and my wife applied together.
I got the fingerprints request in May 2021 and the test invite this week. All the other processes are still in progress.

I am a little concerned about my wife's application.
She got a mail from IRCC with Subject saying Final Request for FP saying that they sent the request before but never received FP.
Till now, she has not received a single email from IRCC. She checks the spam/junk folders too.
I think there is something wrong with her email address in the IRCC system.
I checked the application forms that we filled. Her email address is right.

she tried to sign up for her in the online portal but she is not receiving any OTP.

There is a contact number mentioned in the mail from IRCC but, it never lets you talk to the agent as it's always full.

Shall I write a letter stating the problem or there is any other easy way to find if they have the right email address?

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Shall I write a letter stating the problem or there is any other easy way to find if they have the right email address?
If she received the "final notice for FP" via email, then that should mean IRCC has the right email address, no? Suggest submitting a web form, attaching a letter explaining your predicament..

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Hey Guys... So I have some good news to share. I have finally got my tracker and ECAS updated today. ECAS shows "Decision Made" on 13 Nov 2021 and the tracker shows today 15 Nov 2021 everything completed with only "Citizenship Ceremony" as "in Progress". The following is my timeline if anyone is interested to know:

Application Sent: January 15, 2021
Application Received: January 18, 2021
AOR: March 15, 2021
Background Check: May 05, 2021
Citizenship Test Invite: July 09, 2021
Citizenship Test Taken: August 03, 2021
PS: DID NOT GET ASK/INVITE FOR ANY INTERVIEW AFTER TEST OR ANY REQUIREMENT FOR PASSPORT FULL COPIES
Language, Physical Presence, Prohibitions: Nov 12, 2021
Oath Ceremony: January 25, 2022

The schedule date given for my citizenship is now given. But it says in the tracker

follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present

Now I am assuming that I will be sent an official email with all instructions soon, or is it going to be mailed in a paper copy? If they are going to send an email with instructions, then within how many days should I be receiving that now that everything is complete? or is it near the date of the ceremony they will send the instructions?

Just checking with people who have already got the invite for the Oath and the instructions as well. Would really appreciate anyone here who can reply in this regard.

Thanks in advance
You'll receive the oath email within a week of your oath date.. I got mine like 3 business days prior to the oath..

Reactions: salmankabir21

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
my test staus has been updated to complete now. No email came. I just randomly checked the status. How much time it will be for oath . My spouse test result still not updated to completed
Impossible to predict.. rule of thumb is 3-6 months depending on the office.. took 3 months for me. I know people waiting for 7+ months too

singh2013

Jun 9, 2014
If she received the "final notice for FP" via email, then that should mean IRCC has the right email address, no? Suggest submitting a web form, attaching a letter explaining your predicament..
not via e-mail...
She received final notice through the mail (POST)