Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
not via e-mail...
She received final notice through the mail (POST)
Oh yes then definitely a problem. If you know which office is processing ur application, send them a letter.. and also drop in a webform

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
I'm from Ottawa. Nothing since the BG completed May 25 2021. We applied by paper, and got AOR March 18, 2021.
I think Ottawa has the slowest processing among all the cities. That's 6 months already for you and no test invite. Someone should give Ottawa office a nudge to make them work. Did you try calling IRCC call centre asking for an update or send a webform to IRCC?

lenchezzz

Mar 21, 2018
Toronto
LANDED..........
11-09-2018
LIKE THIS POST : IF You're a January Applicant who hasn't received any update after BG check was - Completed.

I'm trying to figure out whether all the people who haven't received test invites yet, are still active on this Forum or
They just didn't update their status and stopped following this forum at some point.

So that we have a more accurate picture of how many people are waiting. According to the excel sheet there should be around 48 people who are still at "Application is Processing" stage and no test invite.

And around 39 people haven't even received "processing" update so not sure if they're still active here.

May 2021, paper Applicants (regular not even urgent processing) are starting to get their test invites. So it's kinda bizarre to see at least 48 january applicants still waiting for test invites.
Hi!
I know you asked for a like and not a comment but i could not like because my situation is not 100% like the one you describe. Me and my husband did have a citizenship test back in September and i've written here about it, but unfortunately people who Do have edit access on the Excel sheet didn't update it with my information yet. I totally get that it's a volunteer based project so i'm not complaining here :)
But the dates were like so (bolded is the updated info):

Application Type: Family (2)
Physical Presence Days: 1,118
5 Year Eligibility: Jan 2nd, 2016 - Jan 1st, 2021
App Sent Date: Jan 2nd, 2021
App Delivered Date: Jan 11th, 2021
AOR Date: March 10th, 2021
In-process Date: April 23rd, 2021
Background verification complete (wife) - April 27th, 2021
Fingerprints required (husband): June 28th, 2021
Fingerprints received (husband): August 15th, 2021
Background verification complete (husband) - August 16th, 2021
Citizenship Test Invite - September 10th to September 30th
Test given - September 28th, 2021 , passed it 19/20 (both)
Test section updated to completed - September 29th, 2021

prt22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
So I sent in my passport copies on Sep 14 but haven't received any acknowledgements yet.

On the other hand, I did my test on Sep 25 and passed 20/20 and saw the tracker has been updated with test complete on Sep 28. Everything else is still in progress except test and background verification.
Everything is now completed except the Citizenship Ceremony which is not started. Hopefully I get the Oath invite soon :)

mihaifrim

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Delivered end of January

Mar 30, 2021Application filed

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

Aug 27, 2021 Background verification activity status updated

Background verification

Background verification status has been updated to Completed

Last update it was in August 27 , its normal to no get citizenship invitation yet?

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Hey Guys... So I have some good news to share. I have finally got my tracker and ECAS updated today. ECAS shows "Decision Made" on 13 Nov 2021 and the tracker shows today 15 Nov 2021 everything completed with only "Citizenship Ceremony" as "in Progress". The following is my timeline if anyone is interested to know:

Application Sent: January 15, 2021
Application Received: January 18, 2021
AOR: March 15, 2021
Background Check: May 05, 2021
Citizenship Test Invite: July 09, 2021
Citizenship Test Taken: August 03, 2021
PS: DID NOT GET ASK/INVITE FOR ANY INTERVIEW AFTER TEST OR ANY REQUIREMENT FOR PASSPORT FULL COPIES
Language, Physical Presence, Prohibitions: Nov 12, 2021
Oath Ceremony: January 25, 2022

The schedule date given for my citizenship is now given. But it says in the tracker

follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present

Now I am assuming that I will be sent an official email with all instructions soon, or is it going to be mailed in a paper copy? If they are going to send an email with instructions, then within how many days should I be receiving that now that everything is complete? or is it near the date of the ceremony they will send the instructions?

Just checking with people who have already got the invite for the Oath and the instructions as well. Would really appreciate anyone here who can reply in this regard.

Thanks in advance
Congrats bud. That's awesome. So your entire processing will be done in about a year's time!

I just wanted to ask if you have traveled much throughout your 5 years eligibility period? I wanna know if extensive travelling is something that slows down the processing. And what language proof did you provide?

I sent mine on January 26th. BG check is the only thing that's done lol.. like seriously!

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
I think Ottawa has the slowest processing among all the cities. That's 6 months already for you and no test invite. Someone should give Ottawa office a nudge to make them work. Did you try calling IRCC call centre asking for an update or send a webform to IRCC?

I'm from Hamilton and my situation is pretty much the same. Some people say Ottawa is slow, some say Vancouver. But it looks like it's totally random. Whichever file they grab at that day. And i don't even know why we all send it to NS if it all trickles down to our own cities/regions. At first I had thought Sydney, NS takes care of everything.

clubzigsoda

Sep 7, 2021
I applied from Ottawa on feb 1 (online), I finished my test around 2 months ago. You can see my exact tl in the feb tab of the tracker (but I agree the rest of the process is taking longer than others in my same situation).

I think it highly depends on were your papers end up. If you apply from a city that does not necessarily mean that your papers will be processed in the same city (mine are being process by the Niagara Falls office, I know from the test invite). I hope things start moving faster for you guys!

I suggest that you apply for the GCMS notes, I applied for mine and I am waiting to see why my papers are lagging and if I can do anything about it. Ill keep you posted.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iXCMs0mYtJZwYTTIH3LDmHK1tgK7yqAgQ5Jfyxv7BEI/edit#gid=1316748968

salmankabir21

Aug 16, 2021
Congrats bud. That's awesome. So your entire processing will be done in about a year's time!

I just wanted to ask if you have traveled much throughout your 5 years eligibility period? I wanna know if extensive travelling is something that slows down the processing. And what language proof did you provide?

I sent mine on January 26th. BG check is the only thing that's done lol.. like seriously!
Hey man... thanks... yea so I travelled like 8-10 times during my whole tenure of 4 yrs from 2018 to 2021... but my visits were mainly back home to Bangladesh and the US and only one time in Jamaica.... But tbh, I was very accurate in calculating my dates out of Canada so don't knw if that has anything to do with getting my physical presence completed so early... And for the Language Requirement I had only submitted my IELTS Certificate, the same certificate that I had used to get my PR in Canada back in 2016. So that's it..

I really hope you get some kinda update soon... I can imagine how it feels waiting for so long.

Reactions: LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Hey man... thanks... yea so I travelled like 8-10 times during my whole tenure of 4 yrs from 2018 to 2021... but my visits were mainly back home to Bangladesh and the US and only one time in Jamaica.... But tbh, I was very accurate in calculating my dates out of Canada so don't knw if that has anything to do with getting my physical presence completed so early... And for the Language Requirement I had only submitted my IELTS Certificate, the same certificate that I had used to get my PR in Canada back in 2016. So that's it..

I really hope you get some kinda update soon... I can imagine how it feels waiting for so long.
Okay your travel history is not very different from mine. I went to States quite a few times, Cuba-Mexico, India a few times and Dubai during one of the trips to India. And all my dates are accurate as i used to record it before leaving and after coming back.

For language proof i should've given my celpip which i had from PR application but i thought expired wouldn't work. So i sent my college diploma. I kinda regretted that. Celpip would've been simple. But at this point if they're missing any documents they would've definitely asked for it. I had only sent demographic info pages of my passport, come to think of it i should have sent everything just in case.

Oh well, it is what it is ‍♂

Last edited:

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
Hello everyone. I’m submitting an online application and I need your help.
- do I scan only the page of the passport that shows my name and Date/place of birth or do they also need the page that has the signature and date and place of issue?

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Hello everyone. I’m submitting an online application and I need your help.
- do I scan only the page of the passport that shows my name and Date/place of birth or do they also need the page that has the signature and date and place of issue?
I'd say Just send all, so you're done. And they don't end up asking for it after a few months. Unless you travel after submitting your application and they wanna see those particular stamps. Apparently Sometimes they ask for all pages, sometimes they don't.. so send it just in case.

Reactions: Leogirl22