+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Just chiming in. Have any of the applicants ( single/ family) on this thread from Ottawa or Eastern Ontario seen any progress with regards to their citizenship applications. I'm from April thread, and I noticed applications from GTA and Montreal relatively moving at much faster pace even for those who have applied in late April (2021).
Yup even March 2021 applicants are having wayy better pace than Jan/Feb applicants (below already scheduled for Oath) -

This is my timeline:
Mar 18, 2021 Application filed
May 26, 2021 Background verification activity status updated
Jul 23, 2021 Citizenship test activity status updated
Jul 30, 2021 Scheduled for citizenship test
Aug 16, 2021 Citizenship test activity status updated
Nov 3, 2021 Prohibitions activity status updated
Physical presence activity status updated
Language skills activity status updated
Nov 9, 2021 Citizenship oath activity status updated
Dec 30, 2021 Scheduled for Citizenship oath

Grassquit

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
LIKE THIS POST : IF You're a January Applicant who hasn't received any update after BG check was - Completed.

I'm trying to figure out whether all the people who haven't received test invites yet, are still active on this Forum or
They just didn't update their status and stopped following this forum at some point.

So that we have a more accurate picture of how many people are waiting. According to the excel sheet there should be around 48 people who are still at "Application is Processing" stage and no test invite.

And around 39 people haven't even received "processing" update so not sure if they're still active here.

May 2021, paper Applicants (regular not even urgent processing) are starting to get their test invites. So it's kinda bizarre to see at least 48 january applicants still waiting for test invites.
Similar-ish. I don't have background complete, but I did get a test invite and completed it on Sep 15th. However I see that the tracker doesn't have that updated so it appears I'm one of those "around 39". If someone sees this who has edit rights to the tracker and can update I'd appreciate it.

I seem to be a bit unusual in having taken the test before anything else is completed. I was asked for passport data at the same time as the test (and obviously sent it in) but haven't had an interview request either. I guess it all ends up in the same place eventually, whichever order it's done in!

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no update since application moved to "In Process' in March'21. Even BG check is not completed.

Also, I think online applicants are not getting "In Process" status separately. Are any of those 39 users online applicants? My spouse (online application) got a ghost update few days after AOR. I am assuming that as "In Process" status.
Finally BG check is completed for me today.

Does anyone know if they are still asking passport copies from ALL or only from few? For couple of months they were asking passport copies of all the pages from all the applicants after BG completion. However, these days not many are reporting about this request.

Also, whether Mississauga office asks for scanned soft copies or hard photocopies?

krajput1221

Mar 11, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Med's Request
09-04-2018
Med's Done....
09-23-2018
Nov 11 update . Everything completed except physical presence and oath ceremony .

miania93

Apr 1, 2021
Finally BG check is completed for me today.

Does anyone know if they are still asking passport copies from ALL or only from few? For couple of months they were asking passport copies of all the pages from all the applicants after BG completion. However, these days not many are reporting about this request.

Also, whether Mississauga office asks for scanned soft copies or hard photocopies?
They usually ask for the scan of all the passport pages held within the last 5 years when they invite you for the exam - many fellow online applicants have been asked to do so. I believe it's used to prove your physical presence status. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: softwaretesting

JBZZS

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received updates in my tracker and everything is now showing as complete except Ceremony as not started yet. In Old ECAS it’s status also shows as “Decision Made”. The same is for my spouse.

However, for my kids (below 18) , everything was in process till yesterday and now Prohibitions showing as complete while rest are “in process” and Test + Ceremony “not started”. Also on ECAS it still shows “in process” for them. I understand there will be no test and no language and physical presence for them … but shouldn’t everything appear as complete and ECAS to be turned to Decision Made?

Is it normal? Any thoughts?

rajasu

Sep 27, 2020
I just received updates in my tracker and everything is now showing as complete except Ceremony as not started yet. In Old ECAS it’s status also shows as “Decision Made”. The same is for my spouse.

However, for my kids (below 18) , everything was in process till yesterday and now Prohibitions showing as complete while rest are “in process” and Test + Ceremony “not started”. Also on ECAS it still shows “in process” for them. I understand there will be no test and no language and physical presence for them … but shouldn’t everything appear as complete and ECAS to be turned to Decision Made?

Can you please share the Old ECAS link?

carsonTO

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017

Dont think they have ever updated the ECAS. I do not have any information on ECAS.

IvanBean

Jul 30, 2019
Hello! Please update my status on the citizenship tracker (ivanbean line 60):

- Oct 16 2021 Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress
- Oct 29 2021 Scheduled for Citizenship Test (window Oct 29-Nov 18)
- Nov 13 2021 Test taken

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
Just chiming in. Have any of the applicants ( single/ family) on this thread from Ottawa or Eastern Ontario seen any progress with regards to their citizenship applications. I'm from April thread, and I noticed applications from GTA and Montreal relatively moving at much faster pace even for those who have applied in late April (2021).
I'm from Ottawa. Nothing since the BG completed May 25 2021. We applied by paper, and got AOR March 18, 2021.