+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Member123

Nov 1, 2021
Hi all, I'm January 2021 applicant, just wondering , does anybody knows how long does it take to get the Canadian passport after oath taking? My oath taking will be this November 19. Thank you

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Hi all, I'm January 2021 applicant, just wondering , does anybody knows how long does it take to get the Canadian passport after oath taking? My oath taking will be this November 19. Thank you
Hi,
It doesn't have any connection between Oath and Canadian Passport.
Canadian Passport depends on the way you have submitted your Passport application ( In person or by Mail) and regular or urgent/Express process (Yes check the eligibility https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/processing-times.html#urgent ) after receiving your Citizenship certificate.

Our service standards for urgent and express service are

• urgent pick-up: by the end of the next business day
  • express pick-up: 2 to 9 business days
We try our best to meet our service standards, but we aren’t liable for any losses as a result of the passport not being issued or delivered to you or your child in time. We recommend you don’t finalize any travel plans until you get your passport.

Oath to Citizenship certificate < How long does it takes to receive it
Citizenship certificate to CitizenshipApplication < How are you going to submit it
CitizenshipApplication < Processing time Varies depending on the type of the service you chose.

WIsh you good luck

Member123

Nov 1, 2021
Hi,
It doesn't have any connection between Oath and Canadian Passport.
Canadian Passport depends on the way you have submitted your Passport application ( In person or by Mail) and regular or urgent/Express process (Yes check the eligibility https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/processing-times.html#urgent ) after receiving your Citizenship certificate.

Our service standards for urgent and express service are

• urgent pick-up: by the end of the next business day
  • express pick-up: 2 to 9 business days
We try our best to meet our service standards, but we aren’t liable for any losses as a result of the passport not being issued or delivered to you or your child in time. We recommend you don’t finalize any travel plans until you get your passport.

Oath to Citizenship certificate < How long does it takes to receive it
Citizenship certificate to CitizenshipApplication < How are you going to submit it
CitizenshipApplication < Processing time Varies depending on the type of the service you chose.

WIsh you good luck
Thank you so much for your reply, I have my flight booked on December 1st and my oath taking will be this November 19th, so I'm kinda worried, if I will have the passport in time.

ush87

Nov 2, 2021
guelph
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
kitchener
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
06-12-2019
Hi all, Completed My exam on Oct 5 2021 after nothing is update, my center Kitchener Ontario.

Pitt1234

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Thank you so much for your reply, I have my flight booked on December 1st and my oath taking will be this November 19th, so I'm kinda worried, if I will have the passport in time.
During your oath they generally ask if you are flying out any time soon, in which case they rush the citizenship certificate. Citizenship certificates take anywhere between 10 days to 4 weeks to arrive. I don't know the expedited time frame. After receiving that, you can expedite your passport application (to as early as next day with an urgent application). You might be safer rescheduling the flight, if you can.

Reactions: Member123

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will get your oath in the next couple of days. Congratulations, care to share your timeline?
Hey. Thank you! The timeline is recorded in the tracker.

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
I see a lot of people have completed their tests and getting oath invites. My profile was last updated 6 months ago. Tried calling CIC today- no answer. They're only taking urgent calls related to a few things.. no answer at all ‍♂ i am planning a trip around April next year with fam. Not sure if this will be done by then. CIC was looking for people to provide feedbacks and opinions to make tests and this entire process more efficient. I signed up for that a few months ago. Let's see if they ever end up calling people to see what they have to say.

Reactions: Jimmeh

Donny1244

Oct 18, 2021
I see a lot of people have completed their tests and getting oath invites. My profile was last updated 6 months ago. Tried calling CIC today- no answer. They're only taking urgent calls related to a few things.. no answer at all ‍♂ i am planning a trip around April next year with fam. Not sure if this will be done by then. CIC was looking for people to provide feedbacks and opinions to make tests and this entire process more efficient. I signed up for that a few months ago. Let's see if they ever end up calling people to see what they have to say.
I wish they could do in-person tests for fully vaccinated applicants. I am fully vaccinated.

On their website, it states clearly that they are still accepting citizenship applications. Why accept applications knowing fully well that you can’t process them?

The waiting process is becoming traumatic.
Canada can be confusing sometimes.

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
I wish they could do in-person tests for fully vaccinated applicants. I am fully vaccinated.

On their website, it states clearly that they are still accepting citizenship applications. Why accept applications knowing fully well that you can’t process them?

The waiting process is becoming traumatic.
Canada can be confusing sometimes.
Test is fully automated now so that's likely faster. It seems to be they're badly understaffed. Like AOR took 5 months for my application.

clubzigsoda

Sep 7, 2021
I advise you to apply for ATIP and get your file records
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Oh yeah? I didn't know about that. I'll surely try that, if it's worth it. I even sent a webform in early september for urgent processing, as i required citizenship for one of the jobs i was tryna get. But they sent an automated response saying we're busy with Afghanistan crisis and other things are not considered urgent for now.

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
LIKE THIS POST : IF You're a January Applicant who hasn't received any update after BG check was - Completed.

I'm trying to figure out whether all the people who haven't received test invites yet, are still active on this Forum or
They just didn't update their status and stopped following this forum at some point.

So that we have a more accurate picture of how many people are waiting. According to the excel sheet there should be around 48 people who are still at "Application is Processing" stage and no test invite.

And around 39 people haven't even received "processing" update so not sure if they're still active here.

May 2021, paper Applicants (regular not even urgent processing) are starting to get their test invites. So it's kinda bizarre to see at least 48 january applicants still waiting for test invites.