January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

mihaifrim

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hello! My status was updated - line 55 of the Jan 2021 spreadsheet:

Test Invite Letter Date: Oct 27

Thank you!
Did you get the test invitation this morning? My timeline is
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 25, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 30, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on August 25, 2021.
And I still waiting for the test invitation

ashboy

Aug 27, 2018
Hi everyone,

I submitted a paper application that was received by IRCC January 8, got the AOR March 9, in progress since April 26. Om June 28 I got a fingerprint request which I submitted July 2. The application has been in progress since then with no updates, no test requests. Is this normal? When should I start enquiring or freaking out?

random3824

Jan 20, 2017
from ecas notes:

received: January 7, 2021
aor: March 4, 2021
in process: April 26, 2021

I sent a paper application, and they transcribed my email incorrectly, so they sent my AOR to an incorrect email address. I just contacted support for the third time to try to resolve this, fingers crossed someone actually figures this out and updates it.

Donny1244

Oct 18, 2021
Did you get the test invitation this morning? My timeline is
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 25, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 30, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on August 25, 2021.
And I still waiting for the test invitation
We have the exact same dates. I am close to processing office in Edmonton, Alberta so things may be a bit different in test invite timing.

The anxiety & waiting game is so frustrating

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Update!!!

Presence, Language, Prohibition: Completed 25-Oct-2021
Oath Ceremony Scheduled: 23-Dec-2021

(All these statuses in the online tracker updated on 27-Oct-2021)
Congrats!
When was your test updated to completed? Which office did your processing? Any request for passport pages? Where are you based out of?

BNS007

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Congrats!
When was your test updated to completed? Which office did your processing? Any request for passport pages? Where are you based out of?
Thank you!

Vaughan - Ontario, BG completed Jul 27, Test Sep 4, Passport submitted via email Sep 4, Passport acknowledged by CIC via email Sep 7 (email from DN SCR Citizenship e-Apps), Presence, Language, Prohibition completed Oct 25, Oath Ceremony Scheduled Dec 23

P.S. All these details are updated in my signature and in 2021 tracker column N.

Reactions: mpreetsingh

M2021111

Oct 12, 2021
Thank you!

Vaughan - Ontario, BG completed Jul 27, Test Sep 4, Passport submitted via email Sep 4, Passport acknowledged by CIC via email Sep 7 (email from DN SCR Citizenship e-Apps), Presence, Language, Prohibition completed Oct 25, Oath Ceremony Scheduled Dec 23

P.S. All these details are updated in my signature and in 2021 tracker column N.
Do they always send ( passport acknowledgment when sending passport scan ) or you have to ask for it ?
I didn’t receive it !! and I see many applicants didn’t as well

BNS007

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Do they always send ( passport acknowledgment when sending passport scan ) or you have to ask for it ?
I didn’t receive it !! and I see many applicants didn’t as well
I did not ask for acknowledgment. In my opinion, getting the confirmation could vary based on the officer. I would be more than happy to receive it but if I don't receive it, I wouldn't worry.

With the test invite letter, they asked me to submit all the pages of passport. So I just sent it immediately after my test.
I did not expect any response but surprisingly, the next working day I received their acknowledgment email, that too NOT a system generated reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: M2021111

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Need some input on web form.

There are 2 ways

(1) https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application/Form/69
or
(2) https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I used 2nd one twice to get my application number as I never got AOR with the application number. But I came to know about my application when I checked on old ecas and got an email from them to register on the new tracker.

But I got a standard reply twice from 2nd option that they are processing Afgan refugees files & urgent matters. Turn around time is very quick when used 2nd option.

Does anyone use 1st option & give me some timeline on a reply from them?

sunny_javan

Feb 26, 2019
Hi guys, I've received a letter from CIC about "REQUEST FOR FINGERPRINTS". I have 90 days to reply to it :(

I remember I've done one before for PR application in Vancouver. But the issue is that I am not in Canada at the moment. Is anybody knows if I can do a fingerprint outside of Canada? Or, I have to come back to Canada for that.

Donny1244

Oct 18, 2021
Hi guys, I've received a letter from CIC about "REQUEST FOR FINGERPRINTS". I have 90 days to reply to it :(

I remember I've done one before for PR application in Vancouver. But the issue is that I am not in Canada at the moment. Is anybody knows if I can do a fingerprint outside of Canada? Or, I have to come back to Canada for that.
Call the Canadian Embassy or High Commission

-OR-

Call any VFS Center close by.

I strongly believe they can administer the collection of fingerprints on behalf of IRCC or CIC and link it to your unique client identification number (UCI)

Gondal27

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
On tracker I am invited to take test between 29th October and 19th November and it is stated that instructions will be sent. But so far no instructions sent and tomorrow in 29th October. Actually I am out of country. How should I contact IRCC about test instructions and my status ? Which email address I should sent them email?
Response is appreciated.