+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

BNS007

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Call the IRCC call center at around 8 AM local time. Get an agent on the line. Tell him/her "I'd like to know my application number since I've not received an AOR". Then provide UCI/DOB and other details that the agent might ask. This option might work. Doesn't matter if you don't get an AOR (several September / October applicants never received an AOR but they called IRCC and asked for their application numbers). Once you get the application number, you can go ahead and register on the New Citizenship status Dashboard and check your status from there.
Hey, Thanks for the suggestion. It helped!

It's just that I didn't want to consume IRCC customer support resources which could be more helpful to someone else who actually needed it. I thought as I don't have any rush, I would just try to send a webform and see if I get useful information on my application. But it didn't help.

So I called this morning. Agent was very helpful. He verified all the usual information and told me that my file is still not in their system. He then put me on hold for several minutes to verify further. Upon return, he told me that everything looks fine. I just need to wait till my application is uploaded in the system to get my AOR. (Based on his response, I am just guessing that he was trying to validate if they at least have my submitted online application somewhere in their other system.)

Though the information I got from the agent was as expected, at least this call was way more helpful than getting totally irrelevant generic response to my webform inquiry.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

BNS007

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
It seems like this is their new generic response for any inquiries about online applications. I do hope that you simply didn't get the email from them. Give them a call tomorrow and hear what they say.

Surprisingly, my ATIP request has not been fulfilled yet which is concerning. I already contacted my MP office about my online application and they are looking into it, but I don't have high hopes anyway. IRCC will simply say that I need to wait lol.
Exactly! I am happy not to receive any response rather than getting totally irrelevant generic response even after trying to close all the potential generic reply loopholes! That was the frustrating part!

I am ok to wait for AOR even after already waiting for 5 and half months. I am ok if my application is moving slowly. It's this lack of update and on top of it such general responses! Anyways, I am happy that agent on the call was helpful today. :)

KMD1

Jun 4, 2021
IRCC must publish a date for AORs issued against online applications, similar to what they do for paper applications. It will bring some transparency and also save them the time taken to reply to individual queries. With lockdowns being lifted everywhere, I am sure their staff must be coming back to work in bigger numbers.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
IRCC must publish a date for AORs issued against online applications, similar to what they do for paper applications. It will bring some transparency and also save them the time taken to reply to individual queries. With lockdowns being lifted everywhere, I am sure their staff must be coming back to work in bigger numbers.
I suggest that we all submit a feedback form from here https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/form-forme-eng.aspx?type=3 about e-applications and that we need a similar status updates on AORs for paper based applications.

Reactions: KMD1

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
New tracker has an Update

Citizenship test in Progress.

I am tensed, no email YET.

Status updated today

I was tracking every day, nothing was there Last night, Now when i log in i saw this, YET no email.

My timeline applicants check yours too.. Thank you all

Your citizenship application status: In progress
Your next steps (1)
  • Take the citizenship test
    Citizenship test Waiting on you
    You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.
    • You need to take your online citizenship test between June 25, 2021 and July 15, 2021.
    • Contact the office that sent the invitation if you
      • can’t or don’t want to do the test online
      • need to reschedule
      • have any questions
Application history

• Jun 25, 2021

Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 25, 2021 and July 15, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Jun 16, 2021

Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress
  • May 11, 2021

Background verification activity status updated

Background verification

Background verification status has been updated to Completed
  • Mar 16, 2021

Application filed

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

Reactions: heartcanada

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
New tracker has an Update

Citizenship test in Progress.

I am tensed, no email YET.

Status updated today

I was tracking every day, nothing was there Last night, Now when i log in i saw this, YET no email.

My timeline applicants check yours too.. Thank you all

Your citizenship application status: In progress
Your next steps (1)
  • Take the citizenship test
    Citizenship test Waiting on you
    You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.
    • You need to take your online citizenship test between June 25, 2021 and July 15, 2021.
    • Contact the office that sent the invitation if you
      • can’t or don’t want to do the test online
      • need to reschedule
      • have any questions
Application history

• Jun 25, 2021

Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 25, 2021 and July 15, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Jun 16, 2021

Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress
  • May 11, 2021

Background verification activity status updated

Background verification

Background verification status has been updated to Completed
  • Mar 16, 2021

Application filed

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
You'll receive an email one or 2 days before the test date. Good luck!

Reactions: jackbauer

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Anyone knows the latest date of AOR received for online applications made in January?

Last edited:

Gorbv.01

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Just checked status of my wife's application (sgorbv in the tracker ) and there is similar information about scheduled test : You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 25, 2021 and July 15, 2021. That's surprising since the application (on paper) has been sent end of January, after my electronic application, which is still without AOR

Reactions: heartcanada

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Just checked status of my wife's application (sgorbv in the tracker ) and there is similar information about scheduled test : You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 25, 2021 and July 15, 2021. That's surprising since the application (on paper) has been sent end of January, after my electronic application, which is still without AOR
@Gorbv.01 Congrats. When did you apply online before paper one? Did you withdraw that?

KMD1

Jun 4, 2021
That's great. Glad it worked out for you. Still waiting on my Jan 20 application AOR

Gorbv.01

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
@Gorbv.01 Congrats. When did you apply online before paper one? Did you withdraw that?
Sorry, I just poorly explained. In fact there were two different applications - mine is electronic on Jan19 and I am still waiting for the AOR. But for my wife and small kids we've prepared a paper one, sent one week later than me and voilà - the old plain paper application turns out to be faster way to get at least a test. However I am still hoping that soon I'll have my AOR and next steps won't be that long