softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FINALLYYYY!!!

I just received my AOR literally right now. I applied (online) on January 8th, 2021. I’m kinda flabbergasted because today is Sunday, didn’t know IRCC processing centres worked on weekends. Can’t wait for the next step :)
Excellent news. These updates from time to time gives assurance that they are still working on online applications, even if a bit slow start. Hopefully you will get citizenship much before most of us paper applicants.

Reactions: thatguyoverthere

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Excellent news. These updates from time to time gives assurance that they are still working on online applications, even if a bit slow start. Hopefully you will get citizenship much before most of us paper applicants.
Isn’t that the truth. It got super frustrating for me at some point, so I just stopped thinking about it. Now look, it came when I was least expecting it haha. Thank you, fingers crossed :)

Reactions: funloving

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Great going. I wish they pick up all the apps fast.

KMD1

Jun 4, 2021
FINALLYYYY!!!

I just received my AOR literally right now. I applied (online) on January 8th, 2021. I’m kinda flabbergasted because today is Sunday, didn’t know IRCC processing centres worked on weekends. Can’t wait for the next step :)
Congrats! They are taking their sweet time, but things are moving forward. I'm Jan 20th applicant. Hopefully, I'll have mine by June 30th.

Reactions: thatguyoverthere

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Congrats! They are taking their sweet time, but things are moving forward. I'm Jan 20th applicant. Hopefully, I'll have mine by June 30th.
Well, they take a few weeks to months to send AORs for the next day. It has been more than 6 months for those guys to get AORs, and significant number of weeks since IRCC sent AORs to earlier days in January.

I believe it will be a veryyyyy long time for Jan 20th online to get anything from IRCC.

Their AORs progress is slower than having one person checking them, especially that online applications are easy to review for completeness. It's like having one guy working one hr per week on online applications. I am very frustrated.

Reactions: mpreetsingh

KMD1

Jun 4, 2021
Well, they take a few weeks to months to send AORs for the next day. It has been more than 6 months for those guys to get AORs, and significant number of weeks since IRCC sent AORs to earlier days in January.

I believe it will be a veryyyyy long time for Jan 20th online to get anything from IRCC.

Their AORs progress is slower than having one person checking them, especially that online applications are easy to review for completeness. It's like having one guy working one hr per week on online applications. I am very frustrated.
I understand that it's frustrating. But they're transitioning to the online system and there are always delays when anything government related moves to a new system. Moreover, they have been prioritizing PR applications, which I'm personally ok with. Saves permit holders unnecessary LMIA, work and study permit hassles, and also helps spouses reunite. Overall, more staff is surely required, but Covid has shut down multi national companies.. and this is just a government department. Anyhow, since processing of online applications is faster, I think they're trying to slow down the AOR, I'm order to match the timeliness for online and paper applications.

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
I understand that it's frustrating. But they're transitioning to the online system and there are always delays when anything government related moves to a new system. Moreover, they have been prioritizing PR applications, which I'm personally ok with. Saves permit holders unnecessary LMIA, work and study permit hassles, and also helps spouses reunite. Overall, more staff is surely required, but Covid has shut down multi national companies.. and this is just a government department. Anyhow, since processing of online applications is faster, I think they're trying to slow down the AOR, I'm order to match the timeliness for online and paper applications.
Got it, KMD1. I hope we hear good news soon, fingers crossed

jazeandjee

Jan 5, 2021
I have no idea yet but this is what it allows you to check according to them:
  • your application status;
  • any next steps you need to take;
  • our progress in your application;
  • a timeline of your citizenship grant history.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
I have no idea yet but this is what it allows you to check according to them:
  • your application status;
  • any next steps you need to take;
  • our progress in your application;
  • a timeline of your citizenship grant history.
Are you saying that you can't check your status yet? If you create an account you can see the progress of each section (Background, language, test etc.)