+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Woke up this morning with an email from IRCC - Opened it hoping it was a test invite.. Turned out to be a notification about the new status tracking system which everyone already knew about for over a month... lol!!
I got the same email this morning, and I was hoping it was a test invite too lol.

Although, from what I’ve garnered, some applicants get this email when there seems to be an update underway in regards to their application. Some people got either test invite, FP request, or additional documentation / information request after a couple days to a couple weeks when this particular email was received.

Reactions: novascotia27

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Don't worry Kodi, it just takes 6 to 12 months for AORs progress to move 1 day. You applied on the 15th, the last guy AORed was on the 10th, then 5 days are between only 2.5 yrs to 5 yrs. You will get an AOR before 2026 :D and hopefully your full process by 2036. If we don't get AOR by 2036, we can call to ask :D

Happy Tuesday guys :/
Virtually all of your posts reek of negativity when it comes to online applications, like what’s your deal really? I understand you’re disappointed and very anxious to get an AOR, but all this baseless comments and snarky comments aren’t helping anybody including yourself.

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Don't worry Kodi, it just takes 6 to 12 months for AORs progress to move 1 day. You applied on the 15th, the last guy AORed was on the 10th, then 5 days are between only 2.5 yrs to 5 yrs. You will get an AOR before 2026 :D and hopefully your full process by 2036. If we don't get AOR by 2036, we can call to ask :D

Happy Tuesday guys :/
You applied in December right? was that online? haven't you received an AOR yet?

heartcanada

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
I wonder if anyone else received strange notification as I did for both my online applications (Jan 19) - saying that "
Thank you for submitting your application for a grant of Canadian citizenship. Your application was created in our system on March 27, 2021 and is currently in progress.

You can now follow the progress of your application with our new Citizenship Application Tracker. The Tracker replaces the Electronic Client Application Status (eCAS) tool for citizenship grant applications.

The Citizenship Application Tracker allows you to check:

• your application status;
  • any next steps you need to take;
  • our progress with your application;
  • a timeline of your citizenship grant application history.
To create an account, you need:

• your unique client identifier (UCI);
  • your application number;
  • access to the email address in your application.
"
------------------
However no Application number is given thus it is unclear how could I create an account :(
I received the same email this morning too.

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Received my test invitation today - Jan 2nd applicant - Toronto - non-urgent

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Did you by any chance get the email notifying you about the new tracker in the past few day?
Yes - i received it on Monday

Reactions: Momaof2

rmonroe

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, I received a request for FP last month ( May 27) and completed on the 29th. Since then, I keep checking the status of my application, but there are no changes on it. Should I contact someone to check if the Comissionaires send my FP info or should I keep waiting? They gave me 90 days to complete my FP. Any thoughts?

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Latest reported AOR for online apps is still the 8th of January. No updates ever since. Fingers crossed. I hope they get Jan 11th AORs before end of August or something. It takes from weeks to several months for them to AOR one more day.

For those who will apply, don't ever submit online.

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Latest reported AOR for online apps is still the 8th of January. No updates ever since. Fingers crossed. I hope they get Jan 11th AORs before end of August or something. It takes from weeks to several months for them to AOR one more day.

For those who will apply, don't ever submit online.
Don't be so negative man. But yes I think it's not wise to apply online.

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Congratulations!
May I ask did you mention a lot of trips from canada in your application?

like 20+ exits ?
Not 20.. but atleast around 10 or so...

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Sharing My Experience:

My wife and Myself completed the test today, took 4 min 28 seconds and 5 minutes 15 seconds to complete it respectively , I was required Second test Link due to ID photo taking took too long, Remember the Link expires in 15 minutes if you don't complete Phot taking for ID (Most difficult task for me, My hands shaking, so many times so many angles PHEW not an easy task being good at systems , I failed, my wife came to assist, as per the CIC website family or friends can help if you have trouble or technical issues before start the test- No Assistance allowed during the test time-Careful). Prepared well but questions are (14) very Generic and can answer anyone with basic sense , only 2 history and 4 Knowledge about Canada, which requires knowledge of Discover Canada. With my experience I would say Just do as you like , Be RELAXED and you have Plenty of time, review all answers again and again, Mark I want to review again if you had a doubt and would like to clarify. Check back all answers , remove the review again once you had cleared your doubt and Hit submit. Print the copy and click on email result as well. I prefer always to keep as Many possible ways to keep the documents saved.

Test Invite : 22nd June (Thank you @rajkamalmohanram for easing the tension with Kind words)
Test Date: 27th June

Result: PASSED (Passed Unofficially )

This is an automated message. Please do not respond to this message.

Application number: C00XXXXXXX

Dear Applicant,
Congratulations!
You passed the test.
Your score was 20 out of 20
To pass the test, you need to answer at least 15 out of 20 questions correctly.
We’ll contact you with the next steps in the process in the upcoming months.

Date of the test: June 27, 2021
Time completed: 12:23 pm EST

Now waiting for the official confirmation or next step or any technical issues they faced during the test (My end all good).

Thank you all for the support