+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

anyusernameisgood

Jun 24, 2021
Latest reported AOR for online apps is still the 8th of January. No updates ever since. Fingers crossed. I hope they get Jan 11th AORs before end of August or something. It takes from weeks to several months for them to AOR one more day.

For those who will apply, don't ever submit online.
Not true, last reported is 10th Jan. Mods just haven't updated spreadsheet:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/online-citizenship-applicants-january.718394/post-9499308

Reactions: cric

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sharing My Experience:

My wife and Myself completed the test today, took 4 min 28 seconds and 5 minutes 15 seconds to complete it respectively , I was required Second test Link due to ID photo taking took too long, Remember the Link expires in 15 minutes if you don't complete Phot taking for ID (Most difficult task for me, My hands shaking, so many times so many angles PHEW not an easy task being good at systems , I failed, my wife came to assist, as per the CIC website family or friends can help if you have trouble or technical issues before start the test- No Assistance allowed during the test time-Careful). Prepared well but questions are (14) very Generic and can answer anyone with basic sense , only 2 history and 4 Knowledge about Canada, which requires knowledge of Discover Canada. With my experience I would say Just do as you like , Be RELAXED and you have Plenty of time, review all answers again and again, Mark I want to review again if you had a doubt and would like to clarify. Check back all answers , remove the review again once you had cleared your doubt and Hit submit. Print the copy and click on email result as well. I prefer always to keep as Many possible ways to keep the documents saved.

Test Invite : 22nd June (Thank you @rajkamalmohanram for easing the tension with Kind words)
Test Date: 27th June

Result: PASSED (Passed Unofficially )

This is an automated message. Please do not respond to this message.

Application number: C00XXXXXXX

Dear Applicant,
Congratulations!
You passed the test.
Your score was 20 out of 20
To pass the test, you need to answer at least 15 out of 20 questions correctly.
We’ll contact you with the next steps in the process in the upcoming months.

Date of the test: June 27, 2021
Time completed: 12:23 pm EST

Now waiting for the official confirmation or next step or any technical issues they faced during the test (My end all good).

Thank you all for the support
Congrats!

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Hey Guys,

I just had a strange reply to my webform enquiry I sent to immigration last week, basically I was asking them on processing time for my online application I submitted back in January and status on AOR. I got a reply saying please provide us more information even though I gave them everything on the list below apart from the very last point (All documents submitted with your previous request.). This got me worried, why are they not able to access my application give the fact I have provided everything in below list including UCI number. Is this a standard response from them or does that indicate they are not able to find my application? I am worried now.

============================================================
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided; however, we require further information in order to access the file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:
  • Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
  • Country of birth,
  • Type of application,
  • Current address,
  • Telephone number(s),
  • Email address, and
  • All documents submitted with your previous request.
===================================================

anyusernameisgood

Jun 24, 2021
Hey Guys,

I just had a strange reply to my webform enquiry I sent to immigration last week, basically I was asking them on processing time for my online application I submitted back in January and status on AOR. I got a reply saying please provide us more information even though I gave them everything on the list below apart from the very last point (All documents submitted with your previous request.). This got me worried, why are they not able to access my application give the fact I have provided everything in below list including UCI number. Is this a standard response from them or does that indicate they are not able to find my application? I am worried now.

We verified the information you provided; however, we require further information in order to access the file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:
  • Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
  • Country of birth,
  • Type of application,
  • Current address,
  • Telephone number(s),
  • Email address, and

Hard to tell, maybe they just want the exact info before responding. Don't see any point in contacting them yet since you applied 15th Jan.. They're currently sending AORs for 10th/11th Jan. Exercise some patience. Be worried if they've moved on to giving AORs to 16th Jan and up.
Probably gonna be another month or so to get to yours

Reactions: cyberkodi

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hey Guys,

• Country of birth,
  • Type of application,
  • Current address,
  • Telephone number(s),
  • Email address, and
I think they want you to resubmit the same documents you submitted when you sent your webform and not the whole application. Did you give them your UCI number and all? Did you also send the downloaded pdf application from the online application? You can also submit screenshots if you would like

Grassquit

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Hey Guys,

• Country of birth,
  • Type of application,
  • Current address,
  • Telephone number(s),
  • Email address, and
I got the exact same a week or so ago, sent all the info they requested and got an absolute standard response that said nothing. I didn't really expect much else but wondered if the need to go check my details might mean I at least got a "yes we received, be patient" response. No such luck. But I also submitted after the current AOR date so it was a long shot and I knew it.

But don't be worried, it's a standard response that means nothing

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
I got the exact same a week or so ago, sent all the info they requested and got an absolute standard response that said nothing. I didn't really expect much else but wondered if the need to go check my details might mean I at least got a "yes we received, be patient" response. No such luck. But I also submitted after the current AOR date so it was a long shot and I knew it.

But don't be worried, it's a standard response that means nothing
Thank you, it means a lot, I was really worried.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shinato

Shinato

Jun 26, 2018
Hi guys
i am in ottawa now and i submitted my application in january and it is in process since april i think now. I am moving to Toronto, do you think, if i update my adress from ottawa to toronto, my application will take more time to be completed or should i just leave it that way.

heartcanada

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Hi guys
i am in ottawa now and i submitted my application in january and it is in process since april i think now. I am moving to Toronto, do you think, if i update my adress from ottawa to toronto, my application will take more time to be completed or should i just leave it that way.
I would update my address if I move permanently. There is few ways to notify the IRCC. Hope this helps :)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html

Reactions: Shinato

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Status Updated today Morning

Jun 28, 2021

Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed

@softwaretesting Please update the Tracker. Thank you

Test Date : 27th June 2021

Last edited:

ashboy

Aug 27, 2018
Hi All,

I was randomly checking my online citizenship application status page today , and found this today (I haven't received any email or letters):

Submit your fingerprints

Updated: June 29, 2021

Background verification
New update
Waiting on you
You need to have your fingerprints taken so we can continue processing your application.
  • We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints.
  • Follow the letter or email’s instructions.
How to have your fingerprints taken.

Has anyone else received this? How do I send them my fingerprint?

ashboy

Aug 27, 2018
No, Background verification is in progress.
  • Language skills
    In progress
  • Physical presence
    In progress
  • Background verification
    In progress
  • Prohibitions
    In progress
Hi Singh, did you recieve an email or a letter for the FP? I can only see it on the system but haven't received anything with the steps. What were the steps in your case?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I was randomly checking my online citizenship application status page today , and found this today (I haven't received any email or letters):

Submit your fingerprints

Updated: June 29, 2021

Background verification
New update
Waiting on you
You need to have your fingerprints taken so we can continue processing your application.
  • We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints.
  • Follow the letter or email’s instructions.
How to have your fingerprints taken.

Has anyone else received this? How do I send them my fingerprint?
Since it is updated today I am assuming that you will receive email with detailed steps by tomorrow morning.

Reactions: ashboy