+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Apr 29, 2022
HI Everyone, I have been waiting for my Oath ceremony. Our ECAS was showing Decision made till last week and suddenly I saw today it says now "In process" Anyone else in same situation
Application submitted- Jan 2021
AOR- March 2021
Citizenship test invitation October 27, 2021
Test completed- Nov 10, 2021
Citizenship test updated "completed" Nov 12, 2021
Language skills, Physical presence, Prohibitions " completed Feb 7, 2022
Ecas status- Decision made, Feb 2022
Citizenship oath ceremony "not started"
Citizenship Application status" In Process" Page updated on April 28th
ECAS changed "In Process"

Last edited:

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
HI Everyone, I have been waiting for my Oath ceremony. Our ECAS was showing Decision made till last week and suddenly I saw today it says now "In process" Anyone else in same situation
Application submitted- Jan 2021
AOR- March 2021
Citizenship test invitation October 27, 2021
Test completed- Nov 10, 2021
Citizenship test updated "completed" Nov 12, 2021
Language skills, Physical presence, Prohibitions " completed Feb 7, 2022
Ecas status- Decision made, Feb 2022
Citizenship oath ceremony "not started"
Citizenship Application status" In Process" Page updated on April 28th
ECAS changed "In Process"
Don’t worry. Your BG check is expired. It will again change into Decision Made status in few days

Reactions: Citizenship_2021

naeembadil

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Wow!! Congrats!! So very exciting to hear that you got your citizenship oath and certificate! Woohoo! Would you mind sharing your timeline so I can update your info on the excel tracker?

1. How many are in your family for the citizenship application?
2. When did you receive the invitation for the citizenship test (i.e. not the window but the day it showed as updated that you were invited).
3. What day did you pass your citizenship test?
4. What date did you get DM (i.e. DM in the old ECAS or the date when physical presence, prohibitions, and language were all updated and marked complete).
5. What day did they update you and provide you with your April 11th citizenship oath date?

Thanks so much!
Answers:
1- four members, including me, my wife 2 kids 12 and 10 years of age.
2-test invited on 30 Jan 2022 for test date from 3-15 of Feb. Status upped on status tracker on 31 of Jan 2022 as well.
3- I passed the test on 6th of Feb and status on tracker updated on 7th of Feb, I mean next day of test.
4- 18 of March I got decision made on E- Cas but before I got completed probation, Language and physical presence on 17th of March and my background check was already completed on April 27 in 2021 , a year before.
5- on status tracker the invited me for invitation on 28th of March but send me notice of invitation on my email on 30th of April 2022 for oath on 11th 2022.
6- took oath on 11th April 2022 , that was long 1 hour and 1 min. Got citizenship certificates on 20th April 2022 in mail .they put certificates in mail box but didn't call me regarding this. I was expecting a call from courier company but they just put in mail box. My status was completed on 13th of April on E-cas but the status tracker updated closed on 28th of April 2022. That's all guys . We are in surrey B.C and now wondering for book an appointment online at canada service center . But didn't get before mid of June all around in Vancouver. So any body know any kind of tips to book it early lol. Thanks every one.

dangga00

May 31, 2013
Congrats! Happy studying! Updated for you.
Thank you!
Test done on April 29, 2022.
Status online today (May 2, 2022):
1. Language skills: In progress
2. Physical presence: In progress
3. Citizenship test: In progress
4. Background verification: Completed
5. Prohibitions: In progress
6. Citizenship ceremony: Not started

There is a banner in the online account: Your next steps:
You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.
You need to take your online citizenship test between April __, 2022 and May __, 2022.

I believe it takes time for this to be updated as per previous poster. It has been 3 days since the test was completed, and the banner is still displayed as such above.
I love the spreadsheet, it helps one know what to expect based on others' data point, thank you!

Last edited:

Grassquit

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Received my citizenship certificate today - that's just 12 days after my oath ceremony! I didn't have any travel plans soon enough to prompt expedited delivery but I did mention that I'm moving in 2 weeks. I was recommended to provide my new mailing address in the email with my scanned oath sheet...cue panic that they'd send it to the new address too early. But maybe that helped get it out quickly, who knows.

But then I also lucked out by finding a cancellation at Service Canada tomorrow to apply for a passport so fingers crossed there will be no problems with my trip in July.

Feel very fortunate at the moment, not sure where this good karma came from, but spritzing it in the direction of all of you still waiting

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Received my citizenship certificate today - that's just 12 days after my oath ceremony! I didn't have any travel plans soon enough to prompt expedited delivery but I did mention that I'm moving in 2 weeks. I was recommended to provide my new mailing address in the email with my scanned oath sheet...cue panic that they'd send it to the new address too early. But maybe that helped get it out quickly, who knows.

But then I also lucked out by finding a cancellation at Service Canada tomorrow to apply for a passport so fingers crossed there will be no problems with my trip in July.

Feel very fortunate at the moment, not sure where this good karma came from, but spritzing it in the direction of all of you still waiting
Congrats bud! That's awesome.. I'm literally stalking the post man since last week. I really thought it was gonna come today. It's been a week since my application was closed. It shouldnt take a week for a mail to come from Niagara to Hamilton even if it's regular mail. Lol. I have an appointment on 6th so fingers crossed!

Reactions: Grassquit

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Hi Everyone, I wanted to check. Does your current address in Canada has anything do with how fast the citizenship application is processed ? (i.e for instance if someone submits a citizenship application with a home address in Toronto, would have a different processing time from someone submitting an application with an address from Vancouver, or Ottawa ? )

Grateful2Canada

Aug 14, 2021
Hi Everyone, I wanted to check. Does your current address in Canada has anything do with how fast the citizenship application is processed ? (i.e for instance if someone submits a citizenship application with a home address in Toronto, would have a different processing time from someone submitting an application with an address from Vancouver, or Ottawa ? )
Technically it does. I say that because a Toronto application could take relatively longer than an application being processed in a smaller city office (like Niagara) without the comparable application traffic.
However, there’s no real determinant or logic for how IRCC does anything unfortunately.

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Technically it does. I say that because a Toronto application could take relatively longer than an application being processed in a smaller city office (like Niagara) without the comparable application traffic.
However, there’s no real determinant or logic for how IRCC does anything unfortunately.
Thank you. The reason I am asking this information is due to the fact that I might take and extended trip outside Canada, and my leasing contract for my apartment in Toronto might expire soon, and I am about to submit my citizenship application soon. Recently, I renewed my PR, added my relative's mailing address, as I was planning an extended trip outside Canada. However, I received the PR card at my home address, despite having my relative's address as a mailing address. So I was thinking of changing my current home address, same as my relative's address to avoid returning my citizenship application to my rental unit after moving out. I am trying to find if there are legal implications to doing something like this, or not ?

Grassquit

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
There are lots of suggestions of X office taking longer than Y office, but then always some folks at X office who get through the system quickly. Personally I suspect the time taken by outside agencies (RCMP, CSIS) and the details of your specific application are more pertinent to duration than location.

I would put as your mailing address simply the address at which you can be surest of receiving mail in a timely fashion.

Grassquit

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021

Well crap, I guess my luck ran out.

I saw yesterday when my certificate arrived that it had the wrong date on it - the day BEFORE I took the oath. So I emailed to the account I sent my signed oath form... and yep, they've cancelled it and are re-issuing a new certificate. So I guess I won't be applying for a passport today after all :(

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
Hi guys, Update on our end. My husband passed his citizenship test on April 2. April 29th they updated his background check to in progress (it was complete since May 2021). Today, we received the update that we need to get fingerprints. However, they state that an email was sent to us with details and instructions but nothing has been sent to us yet.

Do we need to wait for the instruction letter, or can we just go and get fingerprints, bringing a print out of the tracker saying we need to give fingerprints. We are flying out to Thailand on Friday for two months, so we really need to do the fingerprints before we leave as they state it has to be done in Canada, so I just wanted to check to see a) how long does it normally take for them to send the email after updating online and b) is it essential to get the email, or can we just go without it?

Thanks for the advice guys!

Reactions: Grassquit

jagannath

Star Member
May 11, 2012
Hi guys an update from my end.

Neither my tracker nor ecas shows the update. Neither do I have received any email.

But I got a call from my MP office that oath scheduled tentatively for 11 May.

Has anyone faced the above situation?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakev