+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Apr 19, 2017
Here is my final statistics for family of 3, just got oath letter.

17-Mar-2021 : AOR
06-May-2021: Background Completed
10-Feb-2022: Did my knowledge test, 20/20
29-Mar-2022: Language + Physical Presence + Prohibitions Completed
20-Apr-2022: Oath Letter
04-May-2022: Oath Ceremony.
Our timeline is similar to yours. Completed test on 9th Feb. File is with Surrey Office. Hopefully should have an update soon.

ash1287

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same thing with me. I saw my old ecas updated to DECISION MADE yesterday with no updates inside once I click on DM.

Tracker the same with yours.

I believe we should see updates in the tracker within a few days or weeks.
Hey,
What is old tracker? Is it ECAS? How can I access it? It always gives me link to new tracker.

aroundtheworld_

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
It’s been 2 weeks since I took the test, the tracker still says waiting on me to take the test. Ecas last update was when my background check completed last year and no new update about the test. I also requestes urgent 2 days after I did the test. Nothing is happening, is it normal?

Reactions: OTW5074

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
It’s been 2 weeks since I took the test, the tracker still says waiting on me to take the test. Ecas last update was when my background check completed last year and no new update about the test. I also requestes urgent 2 days after I did the test. Nothing is happening, is it normal?
Not urgent processing for me, but same boat. No update since the test... that being said I have a trip abroad coming up in 3 weeks so I am kinda hoping they ll be slow for the oath ^^

aroundtheworld_

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Not urgent processing for me, but same boat. No update since the test... that being said I have a trip abroad coming up in 3 weeks so I am kinda hoping they ll be slow for the oath ^^
I’m opposite, really need the passport haha.
When did you do your test? Ans which office are you?

jagannath

Star Member
May 11, 2012
FYI...I saw my old ecas updated to DM yesterday with no updates inside once I click on DM.
For new tracker, it still shows In Progress for everything except BG and Citizenship test. Oath shows not started.
Everything in new tracker now updated to Completed and oath shows as Not started.

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Hey guys,
Just received the last update.
"Application Status - Closed.
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.

Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!"

Strangely a few delayed updates. Including "April 21st -Your oath was completed" but it got posted today.

And this too.

"Mar 25, 2022

Oath or affirmation of citizenship form required
New update

We sent you the oath or affirmation of citizenship form. You’ll fill out this form at the ceremony. If you’re at an in-person ceremony, you’ll submit your signed form at the ceremony.

If you are at a video oath ceremony, email your signed form to us (follow the instructions we sent you)."

So, if any of you are anxious about the updates not reflecting on the tracker when we generally expect them. Don't worry, the profile may not be up to date all the time. I guess they sometimes miss one click or something to reflect the latest changes on our tracker. (Just my two cents).

Will update when i receive the certificate.

Last edited:
Reactions: heartcanada
Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
HI guys I received my citizenship on 20th April 2022 after taking the oath on 11 April 2022. Thanks all of you guys and best of luck for everyone.
Wow!! Congrats!! So very exciting to hear that you got your citizenship oath and certificate! Woohoo! Would you mind sharing your timeline so I can update your info on the excel tracker?

1. How many are in your family for the citizenship application?
2. When did you receive the invitation for the citizenship test (i.e. not the window but the day it showed as updated that you were invited).
3. What day did you pass your citizenship test?
4. What date did you get DM (i.e. DM in the old ECAS or the date when physical presence, prohibitions, and language were all updated and marked complete).
5. What day did they update you and provide you with your April 11th citizenship oath date?

Thanks so much!

Reactions: ash1287

ash1287

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Test passed Oct 15 2021 and still no reply. Emailed IRCC, the only thing they said is that they are still working on the file :(
I'm in similar case. I passed test in July 2021 with 20/20. I tried reaching out IRCC few times, every time they say the same. "We are working on the file." When I asked if they need anything from me they said NO.
I'm not sure what is the wait for.