+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Congratulations and Celebrations!!! I also hope to receive mine soon.

Did you receive any acknowledgement email for the oath letters you signed and emailed them? if possible please let me know where you are booking your appointment as I am also looking for something.
Thanks bud,
And no i don't think they're sending any confirmation or acknowledgement email after receiving signed copy of oath affirmation.
I've booked an appointment far away in a small town in rural Ontario for 18th i think. That was the earliest i could get.

LoneRider

Jul 4, 2017
Hey @CdnWifeLivingInThailand just a couple of updates with my application.
Application Type: Family (5)
Physical Presence Days: 1,100
App Sent Date: Jan 17, 2021
App Delivered Date: Jan 21, 2021
5 Year Eligibility: Jan 17, 2016 - Jan 16, 2021
AOR Received: March 17, 2021
Background Verification: May 12, 2021
Interview Invitation: February 28, 2022 (March 09, 2022 - Interview Completed)
Language Skills: March 25, 2022
Test invitation received: April 25, 2022 (Update on April 22, 2022)
Test date: April 29, 2022 - May 20, 2022 (20/20 Unofficial Score)
Physical Presence: In progress
Prohibitions: In progress
Oath invitation received: TBD
Decision made: TBD

Reactions: heartcanada

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
Hi friends, Jan 2021, Calgary applicant. Today me and my wife status changed to Decision made ( in old ecas). All completed except citizenship ceremony in the new tracker.

now wait time begins for oath ceremony.

please update in the excel sheet.

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Hi Guys,

I got a letter to send my travel documents and passport pages. Actually my old passport expired and i lost it during my shifting to new place and i had a police reference number too which i already explained during my application. So if i give explanation will it be fine or will it impact my application? I dint travel anywhere with my old passport

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
Hi Guys,

I got a letter to send my travel documents and passport pages. Actually my old passport expired and i lost it during my shifting to new place and i had a police reference number too which i already explained during my application. So if i give explanation will it be fine or will it impact my application? I dint travel anywhere with my old passport

Don’t worry. CBSA has all your entry and exit records. IRCC will pull data from CBSA. I don’t know it may or may not consume extra time.

Write an explanation letter and submit police verification details. It will be fine.

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Don’t worry. CBSA has all your entry and exit records. IRCC will pull data from CBSA. I don’t know it may or may not consume extra time.

Write an explanation letter and submit police verification details. It will be fine.
Thank you Very much

khawar1

Star Member
Jul 4, 2011
Right when i got this notification i was checking all the details and tryna take pics of my certificate lol.
FINALLY!! I RECEIVED IT TODAY.. so the entire waiting game is over now! By the way it came along with two congratulatory letters one from Prime minister and one from minister of IRC.

I had to cancel my previous appointment and have booked another one for next week. Far far away in a small town in rural Ontario 2.5 hrs drive. But it is what it is at this point.
Congratulations... I am still waiting.

Grassquit

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Well crap, I guess my luck ran out.

I saw yesterday when my certificate arrived that it had the wrong date on it - the day BEFORE I took the oath. So I emailed to the account I sent my signed oath form... and yep, they've cancelled it and are re-issuing a new certificate. So I guess I won't be applying for a passport today after all :(
My luck is back!

Corrected certificate arrived last night and after seeing no passport appointments available at that time, I looked again this morning and some lovely person must have cancelled because an appointment was open (but not any more because I grabbed it!) for tomorrow :) Quick update to my passport application with the new certificate number and fingers crossed this time tomorrow my passport application will be in.

aroundtheworld_

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
I’ve got a ghost update on the tracker, but everything other than the test and the background check are processing, and oath hasn’t been updated yet.
I also know that my BG check expires today.

Reactions: heartcanada

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
same situation, my BG was completed May 14 2021 so...

Got a ghost update on April 25th but nothing since then. I m leaving tomorrow for 10 days abroad so I guess I ll see when I m back. I may need to send passport copies and fingerprints again like others here had to do.

It is what it is ^^

Good luck to everyone for the final (ish) steps!