+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

lenchezzz

Mar 21, 2018
Toronto
LANDED..........
11-09-2018
Request edit access so I could update :) I updated the excel for you. (I wasn't sure exactly what date to put for test invite letter/ecas date, but chose a couple of days before your test window so you can tell me to update if you have a better date.
Thank you SO much @CdnWifeLivingInThailand for updating my info in the Excel!
Sorry i didn't add the date it was September 8th when i received an email with the invite! :)
Thanks again!
Have a great day!

dangga00

May 31, 2013
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en

If you applied by paper (which you did) you can enter in your details here. It should state when your application began processing. Here is what mine looks like:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 21, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 18, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on May 20, 2021.

Let me know when yours began, and I'll update it on the spreadsheet for you. Also, what date did you send your application? It was delivered on Jan 22, but missing the date it was sent.
Thank you, @CdnWifeLivingInThailand !
I think the application was sent on Jan 18, 2021.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 22, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 18, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on May 3, 2021.
Thank you. (Looks like the timeline of our applications is similar)

PS: I noticed the listed mailing address in file is old, but the home address is up to date. I couldn't simply change the mailing address in the system, since I must change my home address to be able to change the mailing address. So I went ahead and entered the same home address to update the home and mailing address in file. Hope this doesn't create any delay - please let me know if you have had any experience on this.
I guess the "Discovery Canada" book was sent to this old address (outside the country!) and it never came to me.
Thanks again.

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
Still nothing for me despite having contacted CIC on Nov 8th, gotten a confirmation email saying they d respond within 3business days...
But well may be this week :)

Congrats to all of you who got through though!

Reactions: LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

aroundtheworld_

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Still nothing for me despite having contacted CIC on Nov 8th, gotten a confirmation email saying they d respond within 3business days...

Same boat! Contacted them 2 weeks ago, still no response!

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020

At least they told you that they'd respond within 3 business days. I got a genetic automated response saying "we are busy with afghanistan crisis and you can go online to check status and sorry for all the delays." A long essay along these lines. Nowhere did it say anything about a concrete response within 3 days.

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
Mine said:

*** This message is an automated reply, which is unable to receive replies***

Dear client,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). We confirm the reception of your IRCC Web Form via this automated response.

To better assist you, IRCC requires that you complete all the mandatory fields on our Web Form, as this allows us to access your file when necessary.

We are committed to respond to your inquiry within the next 3 business days.

Please note that IRCC’s communications are in English or French, Canada's two official languages.

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Mine said:

*** This message is an automated reply, which is unable to receive replies***

Dear client,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). We confirm the reception of your IRCC Web Form via this automated response.

To better assist you, IRCC requires that you complete all the mandatory fields on our Web Form, as this allows us to access your file when necessary.

We are committed to respond to your inquiry within the next 3 business days.

Please note that IRCC’s communications are in English or French, Canada's two official languages.
Did you miss any fields? May be that's why it says complete the form.

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
no everything was filled in, even the non mandatory ones. This is just their generic automated message, i think (it s the first ever so I have no reference)
As far as I know you cant even submit the webform if the mandatory field are not completed
EDIT: I ll give it till this Friday, then I ll just remake one and see if it fares better... I agree with you that the line is strange

Reactions: LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
November 22 update:
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on March 4, 2022.

I only saw it because I logged into my account. Neither previous update nor this one were communicated by email. Is that normal?

Reactions: Member123

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
congratulations!!
Some times it takes them a bit of time to send the email, like a few days after they make a change.

Reactions: Dedicated

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congratulations!!
Some times it takes them a bit of time to send the email, like a few days after they make a change.
Thank you! I still did not receive an email for my November 1 update (when everything except for the ceremony got updated to Completed).

Member123

Nov 1, 2021
November 22 update:

I only saw it because I logged into my account. Neither previous update nor this one were communicated by email. Is that normal?
Yes, I guess that's normal, that what's happened to me, that's why I keep checking my status

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
November 22 update:

Congrats! I've updated the excel spreadsheet. Very exciting to see more files moving through.

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
Thank you, @CdnWifeLivingInThailand !
I think the application was sent on Jan 18, 2021.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 22, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on May 3, 2021.
Thank you. (Looks like the timeline of our applications is similar)

PS: I noticed the listed mailing address in file is old, but the home address is up to date. I couldn't simply change the mailing address in the system, since I must change my home address to be able to change the mailing address. So I went ahead and entered the same home address to update the home and mailing address in file. Hope this doesn't create any delay - please let me know if you have had any experience on this.
I guess the "Discovery Canada" book was sent to this old address (outside the country!) and it never came to me.
Thanks again.
Thanks! I've updated it for you. I'm sorry... I don't have any experience with the changing of mailing addresses. We've been at the same mailing/home address the whole time.