+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

VMPF

Oct 12, 2021
Hi everyone,

All the status have been completed except citizenship ceremony on Oct 4 in the new tracker. Last updated October 6. But ecas still shows in progress.

Any idea why its not Decision made?
If anyone have any idea about the current timeline for the oath after all the status have been completed?

Thanks
I am facing the same. Ecas is still showing 'in progress', however I already got a date for the oath ceremony, which is only in March 2022. I hope it changes soon to 'Decision Made'.

tr_sam

Dec 31, 2019
Could you please provide the contact number of IRCC. I applied in January, AOR in March and nothing else then.

acs123

Oct 17, 2017
I am facing the same. Ecas is still showing 'in progress', however I already got a date for the oath ceremony, which is only in March 2022. I hope it changes soon to 'Decision Made'.
Thanks for replying. Can you let me know the date when you got the oath ceremony date. And when your all other status shown completed?

prt22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Do you have to travel frequently to the States? I ask because I heard that PR's of Canada that doesn't travel much aren't given NEXUS cards during the US border interview. Good for you, I bet airport security is a breeze. :)
Pre-covid, I used to cross the land border almost every week (filling out my physical presence calculator was fun lol:p) . Clearing customs both at land border and airports is a breeze. Security is only easy at Canadian airports as I am still not eligible for TSA pre (only US and Canadian citizens with Nexus are eligible). But yeah overall, I have enjoyed the perks of being a trusted traveler!

Gorbv.01

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Just a heads-up : all my checks are marked as completed, so only the ceremony is not started.
There was a request of passport pages together with the exam invitation and I have sent them as requested - that is without translation of stamps (as many are asking). Since all checks are completed - I suppose that it was done in a correct way.
BTW my wife who have passed exam in mid-July still does not have any updates since then.

Last edited:
Reactions: newcanuck21

smit1123

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Just a heads-up : all my checks are marked as completed, so only the ceremony is not started.
There was a request of passport pages together with the exam invitation and I have sent them as requested - that is without translation of stamps (as many are asking). Since all checks are completed - I suppose that it was done in a correct way.
BTW my wife who have passed exam in mid-July still does not have any updates since then.
My timeline is also similar and all checks are completed today except Ceremony. I'm from Montreal

mihaifrim

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hy this is my status of my application
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 25, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 30, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on August 25, 2021.
Background verification it was complete on August 30 and no Citizenship test invitation
How long can take until they ask me for citizenship test invitation?

iamDinesh

Dec 15, 2016
Chandigarh, India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2016
AOR Received.
28-12-2016
IELTS Request
Beforehand (Feb, 2016)
Med's Request
Beforehand
Med's Done....
8th Dec, 2016
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
Passed the Citizenship test today. Managed to get 18 out of 20. Below is the application timeline:

Application Type: Solo
Physical Presence Days: 1,189
App Sent Date: Jan 18, 2021
App Delivered Date: In transit
5 Year Eligibility: Jan 18, 2016 - Jan 17, 2021

Fingerprints Received - 18th Aug
Background Verification - Completed on 19th Aug
Citizenship Test Invite - 24th Sep to 14th Oct
Test Taken - 14th Oct (Passed)

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Hy this is my status of my application
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 25, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 30, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on August 25, 2021.
Background verification it was complete on August 30 and no Citizenship test invitation
How long can take until they ask me for citizenship test invitation?
I sent mine on 26th Jan 2021. Was received on 29th Jan.

Started processing on March 30th.

Background completed on May 3rd.

No updates after that. Pretty much in the same boat. It's a long waiting game buddy.

I see a lot of people who applied in the following months after us (feb, march, etc ..) have already completed their tests. Lol.. don't know how this works‍♂ its not gonna be done in 12 months, that's for sure.