+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Jimmeh

Oct 4, 2021
Completed my oath today (Scarborough office). Relatively straightforward. There were a few minor glitches initially - as I tried to join the meeting it kept showing a message that the "meeting has been ended by the host".. finally we were let in. Then there was a bit of a nervous wait for the admin/clerk to appear on screen. After than it was smooth sailing and the ceremony was done in less than 50 minutes.

I'll consider myself lucky as my journey was less than 10 months from the date of application submission. Best wishes to all those waiting, and hopefully your journey will be done soon too. I know it's easy to say and harder to do - but keep calm and wait patiently. All the best :)
Congrats!
Do they verify your location when you join the meeting?

Reactions: bajanqueen

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Reactions: Jimmeh

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Guys, during my test, everythinf went fine, but while I was answering test questions during the 30 mins, there was a box on bottom right with a red sign.

It seemed like it should show my camera or something but it didnt show anything, just a red sign.

Is this fine, anyone else had this issue?

zainy89

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2017
Hello Folks, my wife received biometric request letter asking to submit the original copy of biometrics to the address specified in the email(IRCC local office). We got it done and mailed out her biometrics letter as recieved from RCMP via Xpress post now that I was checking the delivery status it shows that status is pending looks like Canada Post attempted to deliver the envelope to the given address for IRCC local office and they left a pickup notice saying item is available for pickup at the post office. My question is will someone from IRCC has to go and collect this from the post office they left it at? Is that normal? I find it silly, how does this even work? Please share your insights, thanks in advance.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Completed my oath today (Scarborough office). Relatively straightforward. There were a few minor glitches initially - as I tried to join the meeting it kept showing a message that the "meeting has been ended by the host".. finally we were let in. Then there was a bit of a nervous wait for the admin/clerk to appear on screen. After than it was smooth sailing and the ceremony was done in less than 50 minutes.

I'll consider myself lucky as my journey was less than 10 months from the date of application submission. Best wishes to all those waiting, and hopefully your journey will be done soon too. I know it's easy to say and harder to do - but keep calm and wait patiently. All the best :)
Congrats. You are lucky. I applied before you by 13 months, and still waiting. Ontario offices are the fastest. Other offices are in sleep mode until further notice.

Adammoy

Sep 1, 2021
Hello,
I passed the citizenship test on august 23 and till now it’s indicated in progress, do you think that my test is not validated?
Thank you in advance

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Good morning all.

All sections in the tracker have been updated to “completed” today. Yay! The only thing that’s “not started” now is citizenship ceremony.

Submitted online: Jan 8, 2021
AOR: June 13, 2021
Background check completed - Aug 9, 2021
Citizenship test invitation: Aug. 24, 2021
Citizenship test completed: Sept. 3, 2021
Test activity status completed: Sept. 7, 2021

Now waiting for citizenship ceremony invitation. Anyone have an idea when this might be? :D
So I just checked my tracker and I saw that there was a ghost update yesterday (October 5, 2021). Hopefully this means I’m being called for Oath soon :oops:

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hello,
I passed the citizenship test on august 23 and till now it’s indicated in progress, do you think that my test is not validated?
Thank you in advance
If it is invalidated, you will see a ghost update in the tracker. If nothing shows up, then it is not yet marked for whatever reason.

Adammoy

Sep 1, 2021
If it is invalidated, you will see a ghost update in the tracker. If nothing shows up, then it is not yet marked for whatever reason.
Yes I see a ghost update in the tracker since August 24 and till now it’s in progress so as you indicated if my test is invalidated in this case what’s the next step?

Reactions: Help!

Khan bhai

Oct 8, 2021
Hi all members,

I am a very fresh member registered on this forum. Its very useful and informative. Great collaborative effort.

I joined to get some insight based on your experiences about my case.

I applied for citizenship and application reached on January 4,2021. I received acknowledgement on March 4,2021 and it shows in progress online since May, 2021. I submitted my application manually not online. Since then I haven’t heard anything and there is no further update. While I am seeing here people are getting test invites and oaths.

any suggestion or information I’m missing may be ?

Thanks every one

Jimmeh

Oct 4, 2021
Hi all members,

I am a very fresh member registered on this forum. Its very useful and informative. Great collaborative effort.

I joined to get some insight based on your experiences about my case.

I applied for citizenship and application reached on January 4,2021. I received acknowledgement on March 4,2021 and it shows in progress online since May, 2021. I submitted my application manually not online. Since then I haven’t heard anything and there is no further update. While I am seeing here people are getting test invites and oaths.

any suggestion or information I’m missing may be ?

Thanks every one
Hello

I am in the same situation. My background check is complete but no other updates since then.

Have you looked at the January spreadsheet? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iXCMs0mYtJZwYTTIH3LDmHK1tgK7yqAgQ5Jfyxv7BEI/edit#gid=1316748968

Reactions: Khan bhai

Khan bhai

Oct 8, 2021
Reactions: Jimmeh