+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>>January 2021<<<<<<<<<< AoR Join here

skg1

Aug 8, 2019
Hi,
I am MPNP paper-based applicant. Currently, I am living and apply for immigration from Germany.
I got pre-arrival and biometric in Feb 2020 but still waiting for Medical.
In my online application, it is showing the following message. Overall progress is 98% completed.
Estimated remaining processing time: 14 Day(s)

Anyone with the same timeline?

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
Hi,

Would it be advisable to transfer the amount shown as proof of funds to fixed deposit, if yes is it needed to inform ircc regarding the same
Hello,

Has someone done this ?

TheVil

Jun 21, 2019
I'm INLAND FSW, with spouse and 2 children, and with permanent full time job since 04JAN2021.
ETA 18NOV2020
AOR 17JAN2021 - that is 5 months ago.

Biometrics and medicals passed on 09FEB.
"We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."
"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Have not received any requests or updates since 09FEB - Silence in all the possible meanings.
We are in Canada now and at the time of the application.
The application shows that we live in Canada.

Many CEC applicants have gone through the complete process by now, and if I have understood their priorities are focusing on people in Canada while the borders are closed.
The closure of borders has been extended today for one more month, so I suppose the priority will still be for people in Canada.

According to the website sending a webform does not help to move things faster unless the 6 months have past post AOR.

Is there any other way to make them aware that we are in Canada?

Does anyone understand the logic? Prioritizing people in Canada is meant to secure their target numbers for immigrants per year and keep the economy moving with people that are already paying taxes - why then limiting that to only CEC?

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon can you please advise on below three questions.

I have my PR Application under process, FSW-O, which I do not see getting approved anytime soon due to current situation. I also have approved study permit and will be travelling to Canada for my masters program in August, I have below 3 questions -

1. Will my FSW-O status change to FSW-I when I land in Canada and inform IRCC on my new address?
2. My current medical will expire in Nov. Will I still have to provide new medical for my in-process PR application, even though I will be in Canada in Nov?
3. Once I complete 6 months in Canada, and if my PR application is still under process by then, will I have to provide police clearance certificate for Canada as well?

Thanks in advance for your help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon can you please advise on below three questions.

I have my PR Application under process, FSW-O, which I do not see getting approved anytime soon due to current situation. I also have approved study permit and will be travelling to Canada for my masters program in August, I have below 3 questions -

1. Will my FSW-O status change to FSW-I when I land in Canada and inform IRCC on my new address?
2. My current medical will expire in Nov. Will I still have to provide new medical for my in-process PR application, even though I will be in Canada in Nov?
3. Once I complete 6 months in Canada, and if my PR application is still under process by then, will I have to provide police clearance certificate for Canada as well?

Thanks in advance for your help.
1. Under the law there is nothing a inland or outland. Based on whether you are in Canada or not, the process to issue the COPR differs. If you are in Canada you will be issued the COPR electronically. If you are outside Canada, you may be asked to submit your passport based on your country of residence.

2. See #13,190

3. IRCC can in its own discretion ask for more or updated PCC on a case by case basis.

Vish248

Jun 9, 2021
Hello,

Has someone done this ?
Hello,
Yes I have done this.
I don't think it is required to inform IRCC since the amount still remains in the same account.. IRCC's requirement is that funds should be accessible to the applicant at all times which is true in case of FDs so it should be fine.
I would like to know if someone else's opinion differs!

Vish248

Jun 9, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon,

I had a few questions -
1. I will be moving to a new permanent address by end of this month and wanted to check if it is mandatory to inform IRCC and also get my passport details updated. I still have extended family living at the previous permanent address so would it be fine to not change everything at this point of time?
2. If I do have to get my passport updated will it also be necessary to get a new PCC?

EEPNP-Outland (OINP)
AOR: Jan 12 2021
Biometrics: Completed
Medical : Passed

Thank you!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

I had a few questions -
1. I will be moving to a new permanent address by end of this month and wanted to check if it is mandatory to inform IRCC and also get my passport details updated. I still have extended family living at the previous permanent address so would it be fine to not change everything at this point of time?
2. If I do have to get my passport updated will it also be necessary to get a new PCC?

EEPNP-Outland (OINP)
AOR: Jan 12 2021
Biometrics: Completed
Medical : Passed

Thank you!

1. No. If you are in the same country you do not have to inform IRCC and no change of address is required on your passport. Your address on passport does not matter for IRCC.

2. see 1 and even if you get a new passport or update the existing one you do not need a new PCC unless asked by IRCC

Mar 28, 2021
Two big announcements today-

1.Some COPR holders will be able to travel to Canada now
2. No quarantine required for fully vaccinated travellers

This could mean that IRCC may start processing outland applications as well now.

Reactions: Blesso Jabez