Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
If status says "Security not started", but there are pages which are withheld under section 16.2.C; what does this say about application status? I find this oddly contradicting the security status. What are your thoughts?
s16 per se does not always deal with security. S16 refers to section 16 of the Access to Information Act under which information is redacted. S16 states:

Law enforcement and investigations

• 16 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Part that contains
    • (a) information obtained or prepared by any government institution, or part of any government institution, that is an investigative body specified in the regulations in the course of lawful investigations pertaining to
      • (i) the detection, prevention or suppression of crime,
      • (ii) the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province, or
      • (iii) activities suspected of constituting threats to the security of Canada within the meaning of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act,
    • if the record came into existence less than twenty years prior to the request;
    • (b) information relating to investigative techniques or plans for specific lawful investigations;
    • (c) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information
      • (i) relating to the existence or nature of a particular investigation,
      • (ii) that would reveal the identity of a confidential source of information, or
      • (iii) that was obtained or prepared in the course of an investigation; or
    • (d) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the security of penal institutions.
  • Marginal note:Security
    (2) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Part that contains information that could reasonably be expected to facilitate the commission of an offence, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information
    • (a) on criminal methods or techniques;
    • (b) that is technical information relating to weapons or potential weapons; or
    • (c) on the vulnerability of particular buildings or other structures or systems, including computer or communication systems, or methods employed to protect such buildings or other structures or systems.
  • Marginal note:policing services for provinces or municipalities
    (3) The head of a government institution shall refuse to disclose any record requested under this Part that contains information that was obtained or prepared by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police while performing policing services for a province or municipality pursuant to an arrangement made under section 20 of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act, where the Government of Canada has, on the request of the province or municipality agreed not to disclose such information.
  • Definition of investigation
    (4) For the purposes of paragraphs (1)(b) and (c), investigation means an investigation that
    • (a) pertains to the administration or enforcement of an Act of Parliament;
    • (b) is authorized by or pursuant to an Act of Parliament; or
    • (c) is within a class of investigations specified in the regulations.

See https://bit.ly/3qPQIds

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,
My AOR is 1st Jan 2021, and as per the last notes, all is passed except Security. Request your help with the below two queries please:

1. I got married in Dec'21, and submitted a webform with the marriage certificate around 3 weeks back, with no response from IRCC so far. My spouse is a Canadian PR, and I shared his PR card and passport details as well in the webform. Will there be any additional documents required to be submitted for him that I should share via webform?

2. I am trying for a transfer within my firm to their Canadian entity. What kind of visa would be required to be able to go ahead with it? I have also applied for a visitor visa in Nov which is in progress, and my PR application is also in progress. Is it possible to be able to get this transfer and work in Canada for me? Please help with how the process works.

Thank you for your help in advance.
1. If your spouse is a Canadian PR, you will not need the documents otherwise required. However, you will need to submit the forms and provide proof or marriage and status in Canada, which you already have.

2. You will have to apply for a Work Permit. It can be ITC or a closed WP, which will depend on your job and who is hiring you.

somenath1061

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
3121, 2134
Called IRCC, after 10 attempts and after a very long wait got connected to the agent,
But he said my application was moved to NDVO so he can't give any information further.
As per GCMS received on October 29th, 2021, my Primary VO was CIO, and my secondary was Ottawa. And only criminality was passed. Eligibility was yet to start.
Now my medical also got expired a few days ago.

Any Insight Guys?
Is the Interview is mandatory for all applicants?
Hi,

Just asking, if your GCMS also has some section hidden under section 16.2.C?

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2021
Hey guys!
After exactly 1 year since AOR I recieved the golden email this morning!

AOR was 22nd Jan 2021
Recieved a GU on 20th January (nothing at all changed in my profile)
Portal email 22nd Janurary 2022

I ordered GCMS notes in October and recieved them on the 10th of January this was the status;

Eligibility - Passed
Security - Not Started
Criminality - In Progress
Medical - Passed
Info Sharing - In Progress

I was eligable for EE under the CEC (Inland) stream but did not have enough points for an ITA so had to get a PNP from BC.
COR is Australia
Inland with Spouse and 1 dependant who was born here in Canada.
I sent a webform to IRCC on the 31st of August 2021 informing them of the birth, but it was never replied to.

Just thought I'd post this info here for all of you who are still waiting patiently. Its been an absulte nightmare throughout this whole process, since this was the 3rd time applying.

Hoping this info gives you all some hope in knowing that thigns are starting to move at IRCC.

Last edited:

Mimee

Jul 10, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon, I recently quit my job and am wondering if I need to take any action to update the same. In my PR application submitted a year ago, I included this job in my Personal history section and NOT in my work history (since I'm not claiming any points for this experience and have not submitted any proofs either). So, my query is do I still need to update IRCC about this change or is it not necessary since it is not part of the Work history section? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, I recently quit my job and am wondering if I need to take any action to update the same. In my PR application submitted a year ago, I included this job in my Personal history section and NOT in my work history (since I'm not claiming any points for this experience and have not submitted any proofs either). So, my query is do I still need to update IRCC about this change or is it not necessary since it is not part of the Work history section? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

If you did not claim any points for the job, then you do not have to update anything.

Only if you claimed points for the job that you were employed when you submitted your application, only then you have to inform IRCC that you no longer work there since if IRCC wants to verify your employment by calling your employer they should be aware that you no longer are employed with the employer.

Mansi Thakkar

Feb 10, 2021
If you did not claim any points for the job, then you do not have to update anything.

Only if you claimed points for the job that you were employed when you submitted your application, only then you have to inform IRCC that you no longer work there since if IRCC wants to verify your employment by calling your employer they should be aware that you no longer are employed with the employer.
What if we Switch the job. I claimed points for a job and now i have switched it. Do i need to inform them? I was told them my score is locked and any change wont impact as i am already post invitation stage

Mimee

Jul 10, 2021

Thank you for your thoughtful reply legalfalcon! Appreciate it.

Reactions: legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What if we Switch the job. I claimed points for a job and now i have switched it. Do i need to inform them? I was told them my score is locked and any change wont impact as i am already post invitation stage
If you change your job after you submit your application, you should inform IRCC even though your points will not be impacted, but in case IRCC contacts your employer to verify your employment they will be aware that you no longer work there.

sadiqsankara

Aug 5, 2020
@legalfalcon please I need your advice.
I sent all the necessary documents on Dec 08, 2021 via webform for my newborn to be added to my application. I send updated pof, upfront medical report, birth certificate, passport, filled form Imm0008 and Imm5406 and LOE. My newborn is not accompanying so I did not make any payment.

Up till now, my child is yet to be added, but I've seen a lot of people that did IRCC respond within few weeks. Is the upfront medical the problem? Or is it good I did it before them requesting. What do I do now?

ethanlaughs

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Not sure if it is a system glitch or what. I just got another ghost update in my profile. This is the first ghost update after my medical expires. Hopefully its a good sign.

AOR Jan 27, 2021.
I got one ghost update before medial expires
and a second one when medical expires(medical status changed to you don't need a medical exam)
I got a new ghost update today.

calis_s

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Not sure if it is a system glitch or what. I just got another ghost update in my profile. This is the first ghost update after my medical expires. Hopefully its a good sign.

AOR Jan 27, 2021.
I got one ghost update before medial expires
and a second one when medical expires(medical status changed to you don't need a medical exam)
I got a new ghost update today.
Are you an outland or inland applicant?

empiresingh

Aug 5, 2020
Hello all,
Just wanted to share an update on my account.
cor-India,
OINP,
aor - 11th Jan 2021, my medicals got expired on 24th December 2021, received re-medical request letter on 24th January 2022.

Talha Zubair

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
20-May-2021
AOR Received.
02-07-2021
Hello all,
Just wanted to share an update on my account.
cor-India,
OINP,
aor - 11th Jan 2021, my medicals got expired on 24th December 2021, received re-medical request letter on 24th January 2022.
Thanks for the update, please keep us posted about the future updates. Let's hope you'll get your PPR soon as PPRs for Jan 21 have started to pop up but very slow.