+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>>January 2021<<<<<<<<<< AoR Join here

CanaI1426

Feb 5, 2021
AOR 13jan 2021
No updates
Medical expired
File untouched since March 2021
Should we expect anything this year… with the current speed I feel it will take them 7-8 months to reach2021

KOMARI

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Dear @legalfalcon and forum members,
My AOR is January 18th, 2021 and still I have not received the biometric letter request for my wife. Mine was uploaded automatically from a previous visitor visa application. Is it normal not to have received the biometric letter request for my wife after one year from my application submission? Are there any other members in the same situation?

AIPLY

Dec 1, 2020
Anyone tried to call IRCC? What information can we get from the call? Visa office, eligibility, security, info sharing, what else?

cnwamo

Aug 3, 2019
You have to submit your passport to the VAC as per the instructions. COPR is rarely extended.
Thanks for the reply @legalfalcon
That's my issue i never requested for an extension of my COPR, i only requested for an extension of my PPR to allow use it in my home country moreover my COPR is valid till NOV 2022.

My PPR is way past the 30 days and i'm in limbo of what to do.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the reply @legalfalcon
That's my issue i never requested for an extension of my COPR, i only requested for an extension of my PPR to allow use it in my home country moreover my COPR is valid till NOV 2022.

My PPR is way past the 30 days and i'm in limbo of what to do.
IF you did send a webform seeking extension of PPR, you can then submit your passport.

Reactions: cnwamo

Capchan

Jan 27, 2022
So I quit my job and joined an MBA program. And I informed ircc the same through an updated employment reference letter via the webform. I got this reply.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

• Employment Reference Letter - Updated.pdf
We have forwarded it along with the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

Since your file is located at the Canadian visa office in New Delhi, India, we invite you to also contact them in order to:

• Report important changes,
  • Provide documents,
  • Add a representative or designated individual on file,
  • Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
  • Enquire on an outcome to a request.
You will find the complete list of visa offices on our website.

Once you have selected the office you wish to contact, you will be presented with the different ways you may contact them.

Does this mean I HAVE to contact NDVO and update them? Or is it like an optional thing?

Cause I did search on the website and the only way I found to contact them was via telephone or fax. Which I don't think are legit ways to inform an update on your application. Can anyone throw any light on this?

Do we need to update both via webform and inform VO if I quit my job? It doesn't affect my points as I already have the highest score for work ex.
@legalfalcon could you please advice me on this? Thank you!

neha_415

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
Hi @legalfalcon sir,
Yesterday, all of heard the press conference of the immigration minister. He said that in Q1 147000 files/applicants/people will get the PR. So do we all the JAN 2021 AOR stand a chance of getting our PR by March/April.

sadiqsankara

Aug 5, 2020
@legalfalcon please I need your response.

I called IRCC agent and she confirmed that my eligibility is not started. She also added that my application has gone through "preliminary review" but has not been touched by an officer. She also said my Application is Currently at Iroc visa office. I received GCMS in October and my primary VO is Accra, while secondary is CIO

What is Iroc?
And what does preliminary review mean?

Please I'm expecting any response from the house

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon please I need your response.

I called IRCC agent and she confirmed that my eligibility is not started. She also added that my application has gone through "preliminary review" but has not been touched by an officer. She also said my Application is Currently at Iroc visa office. I received GCMS in October and my primary VO is Accra, while secondary is CIO

What is Iroc?
And what does preliminary review mean?

Please I'm expecting any response from the house
The preliminary review is R10, i.e. completeness check. See https://bit.ly/3APk676