+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>>January 2021<<<<<<<<<< AoR Join here

sadiqsankara

Aug 5, 2020
Good day @legalfalcon Please I need your advice.
I'm in the process of adding my newborn in my Pr application and I'm the principal applicant. I am confuse as to how my wife would fill the IMM 5406.

Is she going to fill her name as principal applicant and my name as spouse following by her family details?
or
My name as principal applicant and her name as spouse following by her family details?

cnwamo

Aug 3, 2019
Thanks for your insight. I'll wait on their reply.
@legalfalcon Thanks for your help so far I got a reply last week Monday and I’ve been waiting for a follow up email but nothing yet, this was the reply from last week

'Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following documents:

• Ready for Visa.pdf
  • Residence Permit.pdf
We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests’

what do I do now? I have till 15th before my ppr expires and I’m leaving for my home country by 30th December. I have tried severally to contact ircc by Skype but it just doesn’t work. Is there any way I can contact the local visa office directly or can I leave the country and still send my passport to this local visa office?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thanks for your help so far I got a reply last week Monday and I’ve been waiting for a follow up email but nothing yet, this was the reply from last week

'Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following documents:

• Ready for Visa.pdf
  • Residence Permit.pdf
We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests’

what do I do now? I have till 15th before my ppr expires and I’m leaving for my home country by 30th December. I have tried severally to contact ircc by Skype but it just doesn’t work. Is there any way I can contact the local visa office directly or can I leave the country and still send my passport to this local visa office?
I am not sure what your initial question is. Could you please tag me to you initial post or report it and tag me in it.

cnwamo

Aug 3, 2019
@legalfalcon
Your insight is needed please.
I received my PPR on Tuesday however due to unforeseen circumstances i have to leave my current COR by end of december as such i may not have enough time to wait for my copr. I was advised to send a webform to IRCC explaining my current situation which i did and i also tried calling severallly but i couldn't get connected to them. Today i received this message

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

In order to respond to the high volume of enquiries related to the situation in Afghanistan we have shifted resources in our Client Support Centre and are responding to priority enquiries only.

We will respond to these priority enquiries only:

· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)

· Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)

· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)

· Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers

· Changes in contact information

· Requests to withdraw an application or refunds

· Ask questions about the 2021 invitations to apply to sponsor parents and grandparents

If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.

If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly."

My question is will i receive another message or does this mean they won't be responding?

My second question is on my PPR i saw this
"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform our Hong Kong office immediately via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp with details concerning your situation."
Does this mean my visa office is in hongkong?
@legalfalcon this was my initial post. I have sent an email to ircc and no reply yet. My pr expires 15th. Dec.

em_10

Jun 16, 2021
@legalfalcon I have applied through FSW-O for just myself. My father recently passed away. Am I to inform IRCC of this? Also, I am already in Canada on a student visa. Thus, the fund proof I uploaded for my PR application, those funds have been transferred from my home country bank account ( the proof I uploaded) to the Canadian bank account. Do I need to upload the bank statements for the Canadian account now? Thanks!

em_10

Jun 16, 2021
Hi, I applied for my GCMS notes to IRCC 2 months ago and haven't heard back since then. I sent in emails asking for updates but still no reply. Are they taking longer than 2months? Should I raise another GCMS request with IRCC or with CBSA? @legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, I applied for my GCMS notes to IRCC 2 months ago and haven't heard back since then. I sent in emails asking for updates but still no reply. Are they taking longer than 2months? Should I raise another GCMS request with IRCC or with CBSA? @legalfalcon

Delays with IRCC are very common. IRCC publishes an annual report that informs how many requests it received and the average time frame within which the information was released.

As per the last published report, between 2019-2020, 49% of the requests filed with IRCC took longer than 30 days to be released, 32% took between 30-60 days, 11% took 60-120 days and 6% took longer than 120 days.

Instead of requesting your GCMS notes from IRCC, consider requesting them from CBSA. See https://bit.ly/31hBcxa

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I have applied through FSW-O for just myself. My father recently passed away. Am I to inform IRCC of this? Also, I am already in Canada on a student visa. Thus, the fund proof I uploaded for my PR application, those funds have been transferred from my home country bank account ( the proof I uploaded) to the Canadian bank account. Do I need to upload the bank statements for the Canadian account now? Thanks!
No, it is your application and you do not have to inform of your father's demise. Sorry for your loss.

If you have moved your funds, you do not have to inform IRCC, however, keep the transfer documents safe, if IRCC asks for an updated PoF, then you can inform them.

Knoxxavier

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi All,

My AOR for Express Entry application for FSW-O is Sep 4 2020. I got married in June'2021 ( 9 months after AOR) and updated IRCC for the same. They have sent a request of documents for me to submit where the first one is the Form IMM-0008 - Generic Application profile.

Now as I have already applied via express entry, how do I go on about adding my spouse to this ?

Do I file under 1.Family Program - 2. Spouse Category with my wife as the principal applicant (with no dependents)
or Should I file under Express Entry (which I have already applied for) as a principal Applicant and add my wife as a dependent. The confusing part is that when I try to add my wife as a dependent , it's asking for a dependent type A,B,C in the Dependents Section which I feel is for child dependency only based on the IRCC.ca website. Any help regarding this would be helpful as I am scratching my head around with this.

Thanks.

@legalfalcon - any prompt help regarding this if you can please

KOMARI

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Hello,
For your information, I have recently received my GCMS notes generated in 21 October 2021. The results were as follow:
Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started
Criminality: in progress
Medical: passed
Info sharing: In progress

filtyfox

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
@legalfalcon I will appreciate if you can clarify the following.
I have been nominated through SINP and my Paper based application is under process with CIO. Once I get my COPR, I am planning to go for a soft landing and later after serving my commitments, I will migrate permanently in a year time.
My first question is:
At the time of landing in Canada is it mandatory to give an address in Saskatchewan to the Immigration Officer for PR card delivery or I can give the address of my sister who resides in Ottawa.
My Second question is:
If it is possible that I as a primary applicant do the soft landing and return back to my residence country while my dependent wife can move permanently to Saskatchewan if in case the option of providing Ottawa address will not work.
Thank you in advance .